Sponsored

FIRECRACKER RED Gladiator JT Club

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
Photo credit to cars.com (carsdotcom) on instagram

for anyone who wanted to see the top back on the truck.

upload_2019-2-26_13-8-9.png

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Photo credit to cars.com (carsdotcom) on instagram

for anyone who wanted to see the top back on the truck.

upload_2019-2-26_13-8-9.png
I am pretty sure that is all the farther back the top goes :( If like on the JL it had an option for this (sunrider mode) and a full retraction that would be great! But just this position looks pretty poor in my IMHO (putting nicely). I guess I am changing my future order from the dual tops to the hardtop only. Then I will hope like hell that @cassieatbestop produces an aftermarket soft top that actually opens all the way up, (take 12 inches of bed space!)

Wonder how many test miles FCA put on with that fabric in that position driving 65mph? Looks like it will take a beating for sure.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I am pretty sure that is all the farther back the top goes :( If like on the JL it had an option for this (sunrider mode) and a full retraction that would be great! But just this position looks pretty poor in my IMHO (putting nicely). I guess I am changing my future order from the dual tops to the hardtop only. Then I will hope like hell that @cassieatbestop produces an aftermarket soft top that actually opens all the way up, (take 12 inches of bed space!)

Wonder how many test miles FCA put on with that fabric in that position driving 65mph? Looks like it will take a beating for sure.
Im guessing that one could do a better job folding the fabric to get it to lay lower.

I agree, it would look better folded all the way down. The problem I see is that if you lay it all the way down to the top of the bed it could damage the top or cause a bunch of noise. with bed and cab being separate, they move differently while driving. the cab can twist one way and the bed the other pushing on the top and I dont think that top frame is the most beefy thing out there. or listening to the top bound off the top of the bed can probably get annoying.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Im guessing that one could do a better job folding the fabric to get it to lay lower.

I agree, it would look better folded all the way down. The problem I see is that if you lay it all the way down to the top of the bed it could damage the top or cause a bunch of noise. with bed and cab being separate, they move differently while driving. the cab can twist one way and the bed the other pushing on the top and I dont think that top frame is the most beefy thing out there. or listening to the top bound off the top of the bed can probably get annoying.
I see your point on the bed and cab moving independently. I know this is a thing, but I am not sure how much travel/play there actually is??? As far as noise, won't it be just as noisy over the top of the head then laying behind you? Also doesn't every other wrangler have the top lay behind the rear seats?

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon

I'm with you. I've been adding hard top only in my futile Gladiator build tool builds for a while now. I just can't get my head around a big piece of cloth up there in the wind and branches.

I've been wondering if an apparatus can be rigged to carry the hard top bits in the bed for (relatively) quick replacement when needed. Back hard top sort of a triangle, one open end toward the tailgate if you take my meaning, freedom panels underneath with car blanket wrapped around them. Extra sweet if it would fit under their fold up tonneau but even open would be ok.

I dislike the soft top the way it's configured that much.

Maybe I'm wrong, and it doesn't howl and whip and snag anything low hanging. Not sure how that can be though.

This I like...

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door-sport-s-black-rear-quarter-top.jpg

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I've been wondering if an apparatus can be rigged to carry the hard top bits in the bed for (relatively) quick replacement when needed. Back hard top sort of a triangle, one open end toward the tailgate if you take my meaning, freedom panels underneath with car blanket wrapped around them. Extra sweet if it would fit under their fold up tonneau but even open would be ok.
I feel like they missed an opportunity here to go even more modular with the hard top. Have the back be a separate piece so you could have a safari top. Maybe even front and back freedom panels. Everything could be stored much more easily that way, even in the bed.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I feel like they missed an opportunity here to go even more modular with the hard top. Have the back be a separate piece so you could have a safari top. Maybe even front and back freedom panels. Everything could be stored much more easily that way, even in the bed.
Yeah, I smell what you're shoveling. Essentially all flat pieces.

Be cool if someone takes that ball and runs with it. I honestly don't know if anyone makes aftermarket hard tops, I've never looked. Where's my Google...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm less worried about the top now that I saw six people toting one around that dangerous auto show. Those pieces outta fit fine in the stadium back there, or bed, easily lifted and placed. Or get a rack and build it to fit the roof pieces facing backwards, hung under, so shade for the dogs, sleeping under it in the bed, and that dog head window still functions, or whatever you want. Like.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53136682_10156084612777344_3311930113230110720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg