Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Got this e-mail note from my dealer tonight. If true, then they are starting to assign VINs to Granite LEs. He didn't send me the VIN in the note, so I've asked him for it and also left a message for Jeep concierge. Will hopefully find out tomorrow if I actually have a VIN or he's just getting his orders mixed up. I wasn't expecting to see Granite LE VINs for another month or so if they aren't starting build until 7/8. Maybe some of you can also check with your dealers and see if you are being assigned VINs yet.

"Everything is good with your Gladiator. Your VIN was assigned yesterday."
(if true, VIN was assigned 5/6)

Strange since I was still BG on Friday when he called...
yeah thats interesting, i called today and I was in C status.
So Jeep concierge called me back while I was driving into work. Said I'm C status and no VIN assigned. Said status probably won't change for 3-4 weeks. Also said that they can't provide a VIN when available...only the dealer can.

She read from the standard script others have said: "LEs are starting production the end of the month". When I questioned how can that be if Jeep has published that they won't start Granite LEs until 7/8, she said "Granite will be a bit later".
Sponsored

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Spoke with my dealer today, no status changes (still C, no vin) however they said the chrysler rep told them they would start production of Granite LE's July 1st.

That's a least a week ahead of the so called 'paint introduction schedule' we've seen so far.

Fingers crossed, but take it for what it's worth. Dealerspeak about a prospective start date.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Got this e-mail note from my dealer tonight. If true, then they are starting to assign VINs to Granite LEs. He didn't send me the VIN in the note, so I've asked him for it and also left a message for Jeep concierge. Will hopefully find out tomorrow if I actually have a VIN or he's just getting his orders mixed up. I wasn't expecting to see Granite LE VINs for another month or so if they aren't starting build until 7/8. Maybe some of you can also check with your dealers and see if you are being assigned VINs yet.

If true, he should be able to give you your vin number. Ask him for it,

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

If true, he should be able to give you your vin number. Ask him for it,
Good idea. ;) (bold added for emphasis)

It was more of a timing thing. I got his note late last night. I replied asking for the VIN/POC but he was gone for the day. Jeep concierge responded first (~6AM PDT, hours before the dealer opened) that it's C status/no VIN.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good idea. ;) (bold added for emphasis)

It was more of a timing thing. I got his note late last night. I replied asking for the VIN/POC but he was gone for the day. Jeep concierge responded first (~6AM PDT, hours before the dealer opened) that it's C status/no VIN.
Sounds like your salesman is FOC. Lol.

Sponsored

Nujejep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler sport 2020 Gladiator Granite LE
I called yesterday, the concierge said I was in C and it would be a couple of weeks before I receive a VIN

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason my Granite Crystal Launch Edition Order (Placed 4/5) moved backwards from status C to BG. They didn't have a reason why and reassured me nothing is wrong with the order, but hate to see it move backwards in status....

Aaron

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For some reason my Granite Crystal Launch Edition Order (Placed 4/5) moved backwards from status C to BG. They didn't have a reason why and reassured me nothing is wrong with the order, but hate to see it move backwards in status....

Aaron
You know the old saying? Once you go white(or black, silver, red)........you get a VIN. Lol.

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase
You know the old saying? Once you go white(or black, silver, red)........you get a VIN. Lol.
Thats just cold and mean! ;) I really want my Granite, so I will be patient. Sad to see it move backwards, but I have my motorcycle to keep me happy through the summer.

Aaron

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Latest order guide (4/26/19) attached here and updated first post. :like:
Latest order guide officially lists Granite as late availability (as if we didn't already know that)...

Sponsored

BSingleton

First Name
Brian Singleton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep LE Gladiator (ordered) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
For the record..my dealer ordered 2 LE’s under my name...1 Billet Silver Metallic and 1 Granite Crystal. The GM is letting me choose whichever color I want at FCA Affiliate Rewards price and will then sell the other.

The LE Billet Silver projected ship date is 5/18 and the LE GC is still without a VIN.

So this morning, I looked at Silver Billet Metallic Gladiator today that arrived at another dealer yesterday.

The Billet Silver was darker than I anticipated!

I parked my GMC Sierra 1500 Quicksilver Metallic next to the Gladiator Billet Silver Metallic
I got 1 photo of the 2 side by side...I was surprised how much I liked the Billet Silver.

Had my son with me...he said the Gladiator Billet Silver was beautiful!
He likes the Billet Silver more than the Grand Cherokee Granite Crystal that was parked 20 yards away.

In the first photo, you can see the color difference between my GMC Sierra Quicksilver and the Gladiator Billet Silver Metallic.

I was set on the LE GC...but I’m now thinking I’m taking the LE Billet Silver!

87402537-B201-422C-8A13-BD635E7E25AD.jpeg

3B710A53-BDA5-4C10-9C1C-04558C7CBD7F.jpeg

35F64A42-F66E-49F6-8A6A-37AD5C2AA104.jpeg

4A09AA2C-C144-4B31-8C70-12906DF684DE.jpeg

0D7002E4-222C-456F-BC3E-708E90F3A2F9.jpeg

F07550DB-5470-4B12-8F2E-E59E67F3A742.jpeg

382CC081-9BA3-461C-8F12-3BA813CC10EE.jpeg

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
For the record..my dealer ordered 2 LE’s under my name...1 Billet Silver Metallic and 1 Granite Crystal. The GM is letting me choose whichever color I want at FCA Affiliate Rewards price and will then sell the other.

The LE Billet Silver projected ship date is 5/18 and the LE GC is still without a VIN.

So this morning, I looked at Silver Billet Metallic Gladiator today that arrived at another dealer yesterday.

The Billet Silver was darker than I anticipated!

I parked my GMC Sierra 1500 Quicksilver Metallic next to the Gladiator Billet Silver Metallic
I got 1 photo of the 2 side by side...I was surprised how much I liked the Billet Silver.

Had my son with me...he said the Gladiator Billet Silver was beautiful!
He likes the Billet Silver more than the Grand Cherokee Granite Crystal that was parked 20 yards away.

In the first photo, you can see the color difference between my GMC Sierra Quicksilver and the Gladiator Billet Silver Metallic.

I was set on the LE GC...but I’m now thinking I’m taking the LE Billet Silver!

87402537-B201-422C-8A13-BD635E7E25AD.jpeg

3B710A53-BDA5-4C10-9C1C-04558C7CBD7F.jpeg

35F64A42-F66E-49F6-8A6A-37AD5C2AA104.jpeg

4A09AA2C-C144-4B31-8C70-12906DF684DE.jpeg

0D7002E4-222C-456F-BC3E-708E90F3A2F9.jpeg

F07550DB-5470-4B12-8F2E-E59E67F3A742.jpeg

382CC081-9BA3-461C-8F12-3BA813CC10EE.jpeg
We have a Billet Silver Cherokee, love it, but remember, in a Rubi, a lot of frame is exposed in the interior. With the LE, black/red stitched leather wrapped dash, and interior... the darker GC frame may be less jarring, and more elegant. (Depending on one’s personal taste!) Both finishes have the same metallic sparkle. However, our BS Cherokee does show much less road dust than my black TJ Golden Eagle! ;{

at81

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator
I was told by a dealer today that you can order Granite June 1st now

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

NYR_4_LIFE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I was told by a dealer today that you can order Granite June 1st now
just received an email from my dealer he said "WHAT I HEAR FROM CORPORATE THE GRANITE COLOR WILL BE AVAILABLE 3RD QUARTER MEANING JULY "
Sponsored