Sponsored

First service question

axefan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Hi. I have a 2021 Jeep Mojave with about 3,300 miles on it. I'm planning a road trip soon so was going to have my first oil change done prior. My online maintenance book says first oil change at 20k miles ? No way this can be. How many miles did you guys do you first service ? I'm curious. Thanks !
Sponsored

acyuncw

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
I did mine at just over 3000. The first 3 are free but only within a limited time (36 months?). If I waited for the recommended mileage, my free ones would be expired. I'll probably go every 5000 now until I run out of the Jeep Wave ones.

OP
OP

axefan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did mine at just over 3000. The first 3 are free but only within a limited time (36 months?). If I waited for the recommended mileage, my free ones would be expired. I'll probably go every 5000 now until I run out of the Jeep Wave ones.
Lucky you. I put on 3k miles my first month and on track to do it again the second. at This rate the vehicle I’ll last me three years lol

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I was told different. Three oil changes a year for the first 3 years. I did my first at 7k it's a diesel

OP
OP

axefan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was told different. Three oil changes a year for the first 3 years. I did my first at 7k it's a diesel
3 a year ? I haven’t seen that. I looked on the Jeep Wave program web page and it says 3 total. Maybe they offer different deals sometimes.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Dealer told me that and so did Jeep cares I believe.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My Owner's Manual says not to exceed One year or 10k miles between oil changes for the gas engine. If you follow the oil life monitor, it comes out to about 7k miles between changes, depending on how the vehicle is driven.

The Jeep Wave program provides three free oil changes over a three year period. When I purchased in 2019, it was four changes over two years. The Jeep Wave renewal, offered to me, is three changes over two years for $225 (which is cheaper than the prepaid change package offered by the dealer).

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Did the first oil change at 5k also rotated the tires and then same thing every 5k. I did it myself, very easy and piece of mind it was done right.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To those who do your own changes, be sure to save your receipts and keep a log book.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Did mine at 2700. Hadn't changed the oil myself in a vehicle in probably 15 years. Super easy on the JT.

Dealing with the old oil was the only PITA thing about it because the pan I use for the lawnmower oil wasn't up to the task of 5 qts and I made an F'n mess.
Sponsored