First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I run 8-10psi everywhere wheeling. In 8yrs of rock crawling and off-roading I’ve had 1 flat with 2 jeeps and it was last weekend actually...shaved stem.

4B2D0D1E-7F69-4503-AE0C-06BA2911539B.jpeg
Yeah, if you're rock crawling, lower is better. Basically, you're always on or just between obstacles. I watched OP's video, though, and it appeared he was doing more dirt roads, thus my advice. I should have been more clear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Yeah, if you're rock crawling, lower is better. Basically, you're always on or just between obstacles. I watched OP's video, though, and it appeared he was doing more dirt roads, thus my advice. I should have been more clear.
I seemed to do well at 40psi. Will have to try 30-35psi to see how the ride goes. Does it make a difference on terrain like mud?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Awesome!

The first time to an offroad park in a Jeep made me a fan for life! I've tries switching back to sports cars or even trucks but it never lasts.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I seemed to do well at 40psi. Will have to try 30-35psi to see how the ride goes. Does it make a difference on terrain like mud?
By lowering the pressure, you let the tire flatten out to present a larger footprint. That gives more surface to grip against whatever surface you're on, especially if it's hard and the tire can then wrap around it (such as rocks). If it's something you might sink into, it can improve flotation on that surface. If it's washboard, it can improve ride comfort by reducing vibrations. Those vibrations can also, over time, cause gear failure. Auto batteries are especially prone to this type of failure. I've even seen one time where it vibrated a brake caliper bolt out, and we had to carve a stick into a wooden peg to hold the caliper in place so we could cross the 7,000 foot mountain pass and get back to some modicum of civilization.

This video starts off with a repaired flat tire, continues for a couple days over some pretty harsh washboard roads, and takes you to that caliper bolt failure at 9:40 ...

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
Something else that will make offroading a great experience is going with like minded people who have your best interest as well.

This means they truely enjoy all aspects of four wheeling. When several jeeps with different experience levels are together, we ensure the least experienced driver is priority.

That person can relax and focus without feeling intimidated. You will often find there is always that one person who built a rig to conquer armageddon and is out there only to prove to the world he is king.

He has zero consideration about others and will run over everything in his way to get nowhere fast. Their goal is convincing everyone mine is better, I know more, I spend more, and I only care about me. You can spot these ass clowns a mile away. They are loud, obnoxious and alone. They usually have little man syndrome and a micro penis.

Best thing is smile, get out of their way and never listen to anything they say.

Remember you have nothing to prove. You are winning. Take it easy and enjoy the outdoors, your Jeep will grow as you grow.

I'm here in Ohio and would love to wheel in Kentucky next year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I run 8-10psi everywhere wheeling. In 8yrs of rock crawling and off-roading I’ve had 1 flat with 2 jeeps and it was last weekend actually...shaved stem.

4B2D0D1E-7F69-4503-AE0C-06BA2911539B.jpeg

8-10 PSI on factory size Falken Wildpeaks?

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Something else that will make offroading a great experience is going with like minded people who have your best interest as well.

This means they truely enjoy all aspects of four wheeling. When several jeeps with different experience levels are together, we ensure the least experienced driver is priority.

That person can relax and focus without feeling intimidated. You will often find there is always that one person who built a rig to conquer armageddon and is out there only to prove to the world he is king.

He has zero consideration about others and will run over everything in his way to get nowhere fast. Their goal is convincing everyone mine is better, I know more, I spend more, and I only care about me. You can spot these ass clowns a mile away. They are loud, obnoxious and alone. They usually have little man syndrome and a micro penis.

Best thing is smile, get out of their way and never listen to anything they say.

Remember you have nothing to prove. You are winning. Take it easy and enjoy the outdoors, your Jeep will grow as you grow.

I'm here in Ohio and would love to wheel in Kentucky next year.
Once I find a decent spot near northern ky we should definitely go. Have you considered the Kentucky Adventure Tour? 1000 miles of offroading through KY TN VA and WV
Sponsored