Sponsored

Flat towing JTR with 37" tires

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
To add, another thing that makes a world of difference is I added 2 hitch tighteners with my hitch riser set up. That cleaned up the receiver slop x 2.
Doesn't matter which system/tow bar you use.
No more clunking that I could feel before I added them.
I went with a 10” riser and going off of your recommendation I went ahead and ordered 2 hitch tights as well. Thanks.
I have a short tow trip this weekend.
Sponsored

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Nexus Ghost, 21 Gladiator Sport S, 82 Jeep CJ7,
Occupation
Tired
Maximus-3 towbar loops.
It’s me again. Gladiator will be here next week finally. I am looking at wiring options for brake and signal lights. I have the park and side sensors in the rear lights. What wiring harness do you have installed and how easy was the install. Thanks for any insight you have

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
It’s me again. Gladiator will be here next week finally. I am looking at wiring options for brake and signal lights. I have the park and side sensors in the rear lights. What wiring harness do you have installed and how easy was the install. Thanks for any insight you have
CoolTech makes a nice setup for the lights, but it requires you to splice into the existing wire harness - it's not plug and play. I liked their approach, but could not justify the $150 they wanted for the kit so I built my own, for right around $50.

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tired
CoolTech makes a nice setup for the lights, but it requires you to splice into the existing wire harness - it's not plug and play. I liked their approach, but could not justify the $150 they wanted for the kit so I built my own, for right around $50.
I am looking at a plug n play from Curt #58964. They say it is compatible with the park sense in my taillights. It’s right at $80.00

OP
OP
TJDave

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I installed the Cooltech llc harness.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJDave

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Thanks, I have that in my mix now. I appreciate your info
Make sure you follow the supplied directions EXACTLY. Remove the two fuses, if you have the trailer tow package. Do your tests after cutting each wire, before connecting to the harness. I found and cut the correct 4 wires the first time when I did mine. A couple friends had the wrong wire. Cooltech gives you extra butt connectors just in case this happens. It is a bit nerve wracking cutting wires in that bundle in a brand new $50K Jeep.
It's a big bundle of wires, and some of them look the same, especially for my old eyeballs. Very slight differences in colors and stripes.
Jeep Gladiator Flat towing JTR with 37" tires cooltech 1

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tired
Make sure you follow the supplied directions EXACTLY. Remove the two fuses, if you have the trailer tow package. Do your tests after cutting each wire, before connecting to the harness. I found and cut the correct 4 wires the first time when I did mine. A couple friends had the wrong wire. Cooltech gives you extra butt connectors just in case this happens. It is a bit nerve wracking cutting wires in that bundle in a brand new $50K Jeep.
It's a big bundle of wires, and some of them look the same, especially for my old eyeballs. Very slight differences in colors and stripes.
Jeep Gladiator Flat towing JTR with 37" tires cooltech 1

Wow that is a bundle of wires. Thanks I have old eye balls too..

mrdinks

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired Firefighter / EMT
Cooltech on the last 2 jeeps. Much better than trying to run wires front to back.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Flat towing with 40’s

BEB1FDB3-BB9A-4AED-879C-9895F05D6BA9.jpeg

Sponsored

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tired
Thanks to you all for your input I have finally installed the Maximus 3 loop and Curt 58946 plug n play connector. Things all went together great and easily.
Jeep Gladiator Flat towing JTR with 37" tires 75DB7081-23EE-4F1B-B5D7-1E4FC9A00DDD
Jeep Gladiator Flat towing JTR with 37" tires 18683618-DAB7-448C-87C1-FEA0C4001EE0

Ghost Stingray

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tired
Maximus-3 towbar loops.
Good morning Dave
have you seen any issue with your tow loops. I saw where someone complained that they bent or cracked there frame. Someone else spoke of maximus now requiring a tow tie rod. i reached out to Maximus and received the documen that I attached. I’m not sure what my next step is.

just an FYI
EARL

Attachments

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Good morning Dave
have you seen any issue with your tow loops. I saw where someone complained that they bent or cracked there frame. Someone else spoke of maximus now requiring a tow tie rod. i reached out to Maximus and received the documen that I attached. I’m not sure what my next step is.

just an FYI
EARL
Well, nuts.
While I haven’t had a problem, I’ve only towed about 1,000 miles.
Just more money, I guess.

Kevin
Sponsored