Sponsored

Fluid Film protection for undercarriage?

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I've heard people elsewhere repping acf50. I'm not sure about any of these products so I'll be watching this thread. I've used boeshield before and it's a great product, but never for a frame, interesting.
CorrosionX and ACF50 are very similar as I see it ... Thin weeping coat that bonds to metal ... Generally clear and also has oily properties ... Good lubricant as well ...

LPS2, LPS3, Boesheild Are more similar to each other as they are waxy and coat the metal almost like a paint layer ..

All are used in the aircraft and marine industry. All are highly regarded. All have pros and cons ... And in my experience all work better (and cost more) than the more mainstream products ...

But anything is better than nothing ... I don't know about fluid film personally and an not disparaging it ... It may very be as good as these products ... I just dont have experience with it ...

Of the above products I have used corrosionX the most and started using it years ago when I was flying a lot and the other pilots exposed me to it ...

All of these things work well ... And be careful when applying near your brakes ... A nice thin coat of oil on rotors is probably ill advised ...
Sponsored

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
I'm using Amsoil Metal Protector HD ( different than their MP) and Fluid film on all the doubled wall, and inside frame rails. All ready used 4 cans of FF, and 6 cans of Amsoil HD, 2 more FF cans going in today. You can pretty much hit every nook and craney, just avoid driveshafts, brakes, belts, and exhaust.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I'm using Amsoil Metal Protector HD ( different than their MP) and Fluid film on all the doubled wall, and inside frame rails. All ready used 4 cans of FF, and 6 cans of Amsoil HD, 2 more FF cans going in today. You can pretty much hit every nook and craney, just avoid driveshafts, brakes, belts, and exhaust.
Wow, that sounds like a lot?!?!? I used one can on our XK last night as I've never used the product before and the smell, albeit nice at first, was overwhelming eventually. Does this go away?

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Wow, that sounds like a lot?!?!? I used one can on our XK last night as I've never used the product before and the smell, albeit nice at first, was overwhelming eventually. Does this go away?
I actually used the sister product to FF , called Wool Wax, doesn't smell bad at all, I have heard the the smell goes away as it sets up.
And yeah… I found ever exposed nut and bolt and exposed area underneath, and in the body panels , used a pair of cheap HF ramps to get it in the air a bit… nasty job!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I use Corrosion X on all my Marine stuff(Boat and Kayaks) as well as metal stuff at the family place down near Galveston to help try to prevent corrosion from the Salt and bikes but not sure I would want to use it under the truck since its oily and would think that would just collect dirt and cause a mess.
Sponsored