Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny how many times I've seen Bronco threads on this forum, and most of the time it's just filled with opinions, or forced comparisons to the JT. One is a truck, one is not. What's even funnier is that anytime anyone starts to whisper a word of appreciation or approval towards a Bronco, just like clockwork, there are always forum members that are quick to start shit talking. I guess they don't want their Jeep card to get pulled, then they'd have to get that tattoo covered up, lol.

In the spirit of transparency, we own a JTR and a 2 door Bronco Big Bend. Both suit our needs and both are awesome.

One last thing.... my JTR has broken down (not from wheeling) more times than my daughter's 2007 Mustang in the last few years. Just for all of those "Jeeps are more reliable than Ford" folks out there. Keep telling yourself that. Out of all of the vehicles that I have owned in my life, only three have had multiple issues while still under warranty, and left me on the side of the road: Dodge Ram, Jeep Wrangler JKU, and my JTR. Fortunately for me, I'm not a brand loyalist and I understand shit happens, so I drive what I like.
Yep, I went through 3 transmissions in my 2010 JKU, first one crapped the bed at 59,000 miles second at around 90,000, I was out of warranty so I had a jasper transmission installed. The second one Jasper covered under warranty because the torque converter went out and they didn't want to risk the transmission being damaged so they just paid to do a transmission swap. I also had a buy back on a 2011 Grand Cherokee that had a blown motor at 2700 miles. I'm still driving a Jeep though.

I to have owned ford's 4 mustang GTs, a 1990 LX 2006, 2015 and a 2017, a 89 Ford probe Gt, 96 probé GT,2 2006 Ford Escapes, and A 2004 Ford Focus and 2005 Ford Focus. None of those ever left me stranded once. I have had more lucks with Fords than Jeeps but I still love my Jeeps and would buy a Gladiator again in a minute.
Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Yep, I went through 3 transmissions in my 2010 JKU, first one crapped the bed at 59,000 miles second at around 90,000, I was out of warranty so I had a jasper transmission installed. The second one Jasper covered under warranty because the torque converter went out and they didn't want to risk the transmission being damaged so they just paid to do a transmission swap. I also had a buy back on a 2011 Grand Cherokee that had a blown motor at 2700 miles. I'm still driving a Jeep though.

I to have owned ford's 4 mustang GTs, a 1990 LX 2006, 2015 and a 2017, a 89 Ford probe Gt, 96 probé GT,2 2006 Ford Escapes, and A 2004 Ford Focus and 2005 Ford Focus. None of those ever left me stranded once. I have had more lucks with Fords than Jeeps but I still love my Jeeps and would buy a Gladiator again in a minute.
I haven't owned near as many Fords as you, but have had a similar experience. Your mention of the Ford Probe brings back some memories for me. I had a couple of buddies that had them, those things would get up and go!

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
My most reliable and trouble free vehicles were my 05 Tacoma @190,000 and a little 03 Corolla with over 400,000 on it. That one's still going under its third owner.
Never did anything to that car but oil changes and other basic Walmart maintenance and tires.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Actually your wrong, call a dealership and ask. They will order one and have the soft top installed and when the Hardtop comes in they will remove the soft op at the dealership and install the hardtop if you want them to. That's what my guy just told me when I called. Some dealerships may be different. He said to not hold up getting it delivered they have that option.
Well i have to eat some crow this morning. Because my dealer did me a real solid on the bronco to gladiator transition I let them keep my bronco reservation for their own uses. Just got an email from ford hours ago that "my" bronco is being built April 3rd. I was really expecting my reservation to get cancelled by ford when the MY23 ordering ended.

My first assumption was whatever they ordered would be nothing like what I had wanted, but when i pulled the order on ford.com they are building a 2dr v6 sasquatch base. I had ordered a 2dr i4 sasquatch base manual.

The only tiny tinge of regret I have now is that my bronco as I wanted it would have been 10k cheaper than my gladiator as I wanted it. Granted, that's kinda what happens when you're comparing a base vs a mojave, but still, i found the base sasquatch bronco equally as cool as the mojave gladiator and I wouldn't have been upset if I had another 10k in my bank account earning 4%+ interest right now.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
You can get lockers and 4.7 gears on the Sasquatch package with 35's and bead locks. Steel fenders, steel front bumper with brush guard and switches added for $49,000 and even less if you have employee pricing your able to get. Ours was going to be $46,270 out the door in Feb of last year, around $47,600 now if we order one with the above options. You can't do that in a wrangler or JT. Who needs the other options but Hilbish just recently sold a Badlands for $56,000 that they had ordered and it was loaded with leather seats and the safety package. I'm just sayin there are dealerships who can get what you want believe that or not.
I can do that I already have a appointment to get 5:13 gears soon. I also installed wheels and tires. At least aftermarket you get to pick your wheels. Either way your paying to have it done.

Sponsored

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
My original interest was in a 4 door Bronco, but once I sat in it I was turned off by the horrible quality of even the "luxe" interior. Also, the lack of cargo space was a deal breaker.

I'm much more ok with the interior as it is with a $38k two door toy than I was with a 60k 4 door family hauler.

Also, the Jeeps have nicer rear seat accommodations. My kids are teen agers and still love to do stuff with us, so I'm happy to accommodate them.
Good to hear your kids still like doing things with you at that age. That’s refreshing.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I can do that I already have a appointment to get 5:13 gears soon. I also installed wheels and tires. At least aftermarket you get to pick your wheels. Either way your paying to have it done.
True, but my point was that you can get all those options for around $47,000 on a 4 Door Bronco and you want get all that for less $60,000 on a Wrangler or Gladiator from the factory. Under $47,000 if you go 2 door. You can absolutely have it all done aftermarket as well.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
UFB direct 4.11 APY. Online only bank. Subsidiary of Axos. FDIC and all that.
I agree, there are good interest rates around. We have I bonds from last year at 9% and I believe the current rate is around 7.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has a Bronco. It’s pretty nice. Not sure I’d really offroad in it but it rides well on the street has plenty of power (2.7l v-6) and gets ok gas mileage. It’s our “car” and my JT is our “truck”. Both are pretenders.

76A16812-6DAA-419E-B771-2F388FAE3C28.jpeg

8C47F083-F7B4-4D83-9228-43227A8AC5BB.jpeg
Sponsored