Sponsored

Ford's profits fall nearly 99% for year - Bronco gonna be cancelled?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Ever driven a current Coyote 5.0? Explain how they "f-ed" it up. I agree that the Bronco will be a joke.
Head gasket and oil pump drive gears are known points of failure and significant ones.

Do they make power? Sure, not saying otherwise. But America's oldest automaker should have things like sintered steel oil pump drive gears and head gaskets sorted out by now.

Every manufacturer makes some shit, no doubt. What I'm saying is I simply don't understand the blind following Ford seems to have.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So you're telling me your sole personal experience with an automobile is one Honda Excrement and you're basing this preponderance of conjecture on that one car?

And your Dad bought your sibling a used AMC that was 2 years old? When 40 years ago?

Please man.
Fair catch on the AMC. The AMC was our first car when coming state-side. After that the cars were usually in that 2yr low mileage range.

MY car was the Element, bought new. I drove all my other sibling's cars and saw them dealing with their problems. My Element was by far the best of the cars that I drove

No need to be an asshole, Bruce

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey
Cool, I am also an LS7 guy -- Z/28.... No ticking yet... lol...
Lol, yep definitely a concern. My Z06 had 4500 miles on it when I bought it a couple of years ago and I went ahead and did H/C/I just for the peace of mind after hearing all of the tales of gloom and doom.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Fair catch on the AMC. The AMC was our first car when coming state-side. After that the cars were usually in that 2yr low mileage range.

MY car was the Element, bought new. I drove all my other sibling's cars and saw them dealing with their problems. My Element was by far the best of the cars that I drove

No need to be an asshole, Bruce
If pointing out your absence of practical experience while promoting conjecture and opinion as fact constitutes "being an asshole" you'll just have to get over it.

The Gladiator is an excellent value, there is no other production vehicle with the capability or feature set of the Gladiator. None.
Which is to say that you cannot buy a comparable vehicle at any price, making it what?

I get it, you don't like to be questioned. You "feel" good about Ford.

I don't. That doesn't make them good or bad in either case.

Investing in intangible value in a depreciating asset is what causes people to make $1000 phone decisions when their retirement isn't funded.

I don't do that.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If pointing out your absence of practical experience while promoting conjecture and opinion as fact constitutes "being an asshole" you'll just have to get over it.

The Gladiator is an excellent value, there is no other production vehicle with the capability or feature set of the Gladiator. None.
Which is to say that you cannot buy a comparable vehicle at any price, making it what?

I get it, you don't like to be questioned. You "feel" good about Ford.

I don't. That doesn't make them good or bad in either case.

Investing in intangible value in a depreciating asset is what causes people to make $1000 phone decisions when their retirement isn't funded.

I don't do that.
Oh don't ya worry none, no hurt feelings. Referring to you being an asshole is for the Honda comment

I love being questioned. It's how I learn how little I know. Please, keep up the free education. Learning from others' experiences is the best way next to one's own, and far better than simply "reading in a book"

I do "feel" good about Ford. I also have stated reasons why I objectively prefer them, as have you. It's not a dick measuring contest on who's right. The purpose of forums is for folks to state their own opinions/experiences and let others who care to figure out who to listen to, if anyone. For example, I'll heed ShadowsPapa advice all day long, certain other members/mods, I'l laugh.

I like how you convey a sense of practicality on things. It's something many people don't look at. I'll stick to my own views on Ford, and hopefully you never have to have a third Ford catch on fire.

Speaking of learning from experiences, you show up as part-time Alaska. Planning on any trips up there? I intend to retire into the wilderness in a few decades. Hopefully by that time I still have my JT and get an older F250 to go with it

Last edited:

Sponsored

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKR, 2016 JKUHR, 1956 F250, 2016 Miata MX-5, 2017 F450, 2011 Ram 3500, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep Gladiator is NOT a good value nor reliable when compared to competition. It's just an objective fact (from some random guy giving his opinion on the internet lol!). There are far more reliable trucks that have better value in cost:truck-performance. Now, the JT gets additional value from subjective things like the doors, off-road capability, etc. But for $40-60k you can get way more truck/vehicle, with a better reputation for reliability. Literally any Toyota has a better "value". The Korean cars as well.
Just curious, what measurable elements are you using to “objectively” compare value between a Gladiator and “any Toyota” or “Korean cars” for a cost:truck performance metric. Please give an example. Quantifying the denominator is the problem. I’ve never seen it done that way. What’s the value of drum vs disc brakes or IFS vs solid axle or MPG differences or bed capacity or rear seat dimensions? I actually think the value of each of the “truck performance” measures will be subjective. They are worth what you think they are.

Also, not sure why off road capability is segmented away from the “objective” measures. Off road capability is one of the primary differentiators when consumers choose between a Gladiator/Wrangler and other vehicles. Again, it will be worth what the buyer thinks it worth.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Oh don't ya worry none, no hurt feelings.

I love being questioned. It's how I learn how little I know. Please, keep up the free education. Learning from others' experiences is the best way next to one's own, and far better than simply "reading in a book"

I do "feel" good about Ford. I also have stated reasons why I objectively prefer them, as have you. It's not a dick measuring contest on who's right. The purpose of forums is for folks to state their own opinions/experiences and let others who care to figure out who to listen to, if anyone. For example, I'll heed ShadowsPapa advice all day long, certain other members/mods, I'l laugh.

I like how you convey a sense of practicality on things. It's something many people don't look at. I'll stick to my own views on Ford, and hopefully you never have to have a third Ford catch on fire.

Speaking of learning from experiences, you show up as part-time Alaska. Planning on any trips up there? I intend to retire into the wilderness in a few decades. Hopefully by that time I still have my JT and get an older F250 to go with it
LOL, I hope I don't have a third fire as well. I had high hopes for the 7.3 gasser and don't discount them now. I do hope they turn them up a little bit more when they have some experience with them.

I have a place in the Matanuska Valley in AK and also in East Texas. In East Texas I have an aging pack (as well as diminishing pack) of dogs. Leaving Texas for AK right now means leaving my dogs when they need me the most. I owe them the loyalty they have extended to me. So, no I won't be going back until these guys have run their course which will likely not be more than a year or 2. One of us, my wife or I goes at least once a year to check things out and maintain our contacts.
horde1.jpg

Three of these guys remain, the most recent exit was Monday morning and it's still stinging.

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKR, 2016 JKUHR, 1956 F250, 2016 Miata MX-5, 2017 F450, 2011 Ram 3500, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking mixed pack.

Where do you sleep?!

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's their bed, I sleep in mine.

Although I admit to inviting the survivors to sleep in my bed and share my meals while they still can.
I get that.

I slept on the floor for a week next to our Fila/Neo mix after her operation. Glad I did. She was a great dog. I’m not much for crying at funerals but I cried like a baby when we lost her. That was twenty years ago and I still get blinky-eyed if I think on her too long.

Some good dogs since then, several Bull breeds and Filas. She was just more.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I get that.

I slept on the floor for a week next to our Fila/Neo mix after her operation. Glad I did. She was a great dog. I’m not much for crying at funerals but I cried like a baby when we lost her. That was twenty years ago and I still get blinky-eyed if I think on her too long.

Some good dogs since then, several Bull breeds and Filas. She was just more.
I understand.

3 years ago I had 10 dogs and a cat. Today I have 3 dogs, 6 of them having been lost in the last 13 months.

Maybe I should get another and name it Ford, then I could surreptitiously claim to love Ford

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, I hope I don't have a third fire as well. I had high hopes for the 7.3 gasser and don't discount them now. I do hope they turn them up a little bit more when they have some experience with them.

I have a place in the Matanuska Valley in AK and also in East Texas. In East Texas I have an aging pack (as well as diminishing pack) of dogs. Leaving Texas for AK right now means leaving my dogs when they need me the most. I owe them the loyalty they have extended to me. So, no I won't be going back until these guys have run their course which will likely not be more than a year or 2. One of us, my wife or I goes at least once a year to check things out and maintain our contacts.
horde1.jpg

Three of these guys remain, the most recent exit was Monday morning and it's still stinging.
That is quite the pack! I presumed that the dual location was because of work, something like the energy sector given the states.

You are a good man for caring for your dogs

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
That is quite the pack! I presumed that the duel location was because of work, something like the energy sector given the states.

You are a good man for caring for your dogs
It's about climate.

In 1980 I ran out of gas (effectively) with $35 and a 1974 Nova East Texas leaving Chicago and headed south. Among other things I didn't care how hot it got as long as I never had to work in snow again.

I took a job and went to work. Decades later I decided I hate the heat as much as the snow, so I bought a place in a relatively temperate area of AK. When I start sweating I'm going north, when the snow flies I'm headed south.

The Gladiator will be our long distance adventure vehicle.

ETA I love those dogs on many a day they have been the voice of patience and reason and moderation. On others they have been walking chainsaws. Regardless, they have taught me faithfulness, allegiance and humility in a way I would have never otherwise understood

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Now that I have derailed this thread like Fords profits, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I have derailed this thread like Fords profits, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
No worries. The best forums are about more than just the primary forum topic just like the best sports stations are about more than sports. All about balance.
Sponsored