Sponsored

Ford's profits fall nearly 99% for year - Bronco gonna be cancelled?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Ford has had some serious missteps this last year and the growing Class Action status of their much demised Dual Clutch Transmissions in the Fusion and Focus is an albatross hanging around their necks going into the coming year or two.

I have seen a couple of online Youtube reviews and especially "Savage Geese", he rightly trashes the new Ford Explorer for fit and finish and suspension.
I currently have a 2013 Ford focus and it does great just driving two miles back and forth to work but drive it any further and it feels like a kid trying to learn to drive a 5 speed for the first time. Complete garbage of a transmission. I didn't do my research when my wife wanted one and the salesman said yes it's a great dependable car. My wife was so scared of the transmission I wound up buying her a escape which has been a great solid family vehicle. But never again will I buy ford
Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
My 2016 F-150 is solid. Never had an issue with it, other than the suicide doors sometimes not closing completely if you don't given them enough push.

The Bronco will be the best thing that every happened to the Wrangler. Competition will make it a better vehicle.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I don't get the Ford love, I haven't owned one in a couple of decades but I don't see anything too impressive.

Fleet sales artificially inflate their numbers.
They fucked the 5.0 up
The EB engines have been plagued with valve train issues and turbo consumption
Transmission and clutch problems in their econoboxes
They're selling the shit out of F150`s because they are giving them away, and apparently losing money doing it.
Guaranteed they will fuck up the Bronco with IFS and it will cost $55k
Their brand new HD gas engine designed from the ground up doesn't produce a significant increase in hp/tq over the existing best in class engine and is .9l bigger.

I don't have any grudge against them, but I don't see the attraction to a company who continually produces problematic vehicles

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I don't get the Ford love, I haven't owned one in a couple of decades but I don't see anything too impressive.
Company history, when compared to assholes like the Dodge brothers.

How Ford handled the bailout crisis fiasco

Look better than the other American counterparts (Ford trucks are more aesthetically pleasing than Chevys, Mustang better performance and feel than Camero or Charger, etc)

Better brand logo and phrase: Built Ford Tough

For me the order of company loyalty goes
Jeep, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Everyone else, Dodge.

one2doo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT White Rubicon ,2018 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins,2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins, Mahindra Roxor,2018 .
Ford Credit borrowed $15.9 billion dollars as opposed to GMAC, GM’s financing arm which borrowed $13.9 billion. These numbers make the perception that Ford was the only Detroit-based company that didn’t need a federal handout during the economic crash completely false.

For their part, GM agreed to streamline the number of brands they produce. The big three CEOs agreed to work for $1 a year and sell their corporate jets as well.

Let’s be honest here: Ford has gotten a free pass and earned market shares for being the only US automaker that “didn’t take bailout money,” when they did in fact, take government loans with the condition of making cars that the government wanted. Which company was truly “Government Motors” in the real behind the scenes scenario? That would be Ford, of course.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Company history, when compared to assholes like the Dodge brothers.

How Ford handled the bailout crisis fiasco

Look better than the other American counterparts (Ford trucks are more aesthetically pleasing than Chevys, Mustang better performance and feel than Camero or Charger, etc)

Better brand logo and phrase: Built Ford Tough

For me the order of company loyalty goes
Jeep, Ford, Toyota, Honda, Everyone else, Dodge.
Huh, ok.

I usually buy stuff because it is a good value and is reliable.

Not that it is a deciding factor today, but despite owning multiple Big 3, Toyota, Hyundai and VW (and a virulent hate for VW as a result) the only vehicle I have ever had catch fire while I was driving it was a Ford. Twice.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I currently have a 2013 Ford focus and it does great just driving two miles back and forth to work but drive it any further and it feels like a kid trying to learn to drive a 5 speed for the first time. Complete garbage of a transmission. I didn't do my research when my wife wanted one and the salesman said yes it's a great dependable car. My wife was so scared of the transmission I wound up buying her a escape which has been a great solid family vehicle. But never again will I buy ford
Had a Focus as a rental a couple of years back when I went to Vegas. Holly hell what a junk transmission and the herky jerky shifting or just plain over revving until it basically did a neutral drop before going into gear. I was pig ignorant of the issue back then and chalked up to an abused rental. When I returned the rental, I told them what I experienced and the attendant said with a grimace face that they all did it.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Ford Credit borrowed $15.9 billion dollars as opposed to GMAC, GM’s financing arm which borrowed $13.9 billion. These numbers make the perception that Ford was the only Detroit-based company that didn’t need a federal handout during the economic crash completely false.

For their part, GM agreed to streamline the number of brands they produce. The big three CEOs agreed to work for $1 a year and sell their corporate jets as well.

Let’s be honest here: Ford has gotten a free pass and earned market shares for being the only US automaker that “didn’t take bailout money,” when they did in fact, take government loans with the condition of making cars that the government wanted. Which company was truly “Government Motors” in the real behind the scenes scenario? That would be Ford, of course.
I didn't say they didn't take a bailout. But their approach to handling things afterwards was better. And I'm not seeing their folks striking or workers for their company I know complaining about being forced to be part-time, contract, etc.

I usually buy stuff because it is a good value and is reliable.
I USUALLY do as well. Hence my first (and up till now only) car was a Honda Element. Now, that doesn't mean I haven't had experience with reliability of other cars growing up. I have 5 siblings. All but one had cars. Buick, Mercury, Ford, Volvo, and AMC. They all had so many problems being bought used (low mileage, 2 years old) that my father swore he'd never buy used again. He did due to financial problems, and died shortly after. He moved to Honda and Kia, and those went decades without anything braking, despite being used to haul double their payloads with gear and human critters.

The Jeep Gladiator is NOT a good value nor reliable when compared to competition. It's just an objective fact (from some random guy giving his opinion on the internet lol!). There are far more reliable trucks that have better value in cost:truck-performance. Now, the JT gets additional value from subjective things like the doors, off-road capability, etc. But for $40-60k you can get way more truck/vehicle, with a better reputation for reliability. Literally any Toyota has a better "value". The Korean cars as well.

But, I love this Jeep. I will be getting only Jeeps from now on (God help me to accomplish that goal). If the FCA quality gets any worse, I'll start buying older, less technological ones.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Last count, I can remember 46 vehicles I have purchased in my lifetime so far. Can't say I really disliked any of them. In the early years some vehicles were purchased based on budget. Not my first choice of what I wanted to drive but I found some sort of enjoyment in driving all.

Currenlty have two Fords and one Jeep. Like them all for their own unique reasons. If you are not happy with what you have, get something else.

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey

Fleet sales artificially inflate their numbers.
They fucked the 5.0 up
The EB engines have been plagued with valve train issues and turbo consumption
Transmission and clutch problems in their econoboxes
They're selling the shit out of F150`s because they are giving them away, and apparently losing money doing it.
Guaranteed they will fuck up the Bronco with IFS and it will cost $55k
Their brand new HD gas engine designed from the ground up doesn't produce a significant increase in hp/tq over the existing best in class engine and is .9l bigger.

I don't have any grudge against them, but I don't see the attraction to a company who continually produces problematic vehicles
Ever driven a current Coyote 5.0? Explain how they "f-ed" it up. I agree that the Bronco will be a joke.

Sponsored

one2doo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT White Rubicon ,2018 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins,2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins, Mahindra Roxor,2018 .
Had a great F250 7.3 1999, GMC Dmax 2007.5, Dodge Ram 5.9 manual 2005 still own and a 2018 Ram 2500 still own. I’m trading the 2016 Colorado in on the Gladiator. The seats are like the Rockwell hardness testing standard for concrete. It uses oil sporadically GM said that is normal. The hose from the intercooler to throttle body nasty and dripping with oil that is also normal said GM. The 3.0 ecodiesel is built in the same plant both VM motors. The main difference beside two more cylinders is cams are chain driven v6 viruses rubber band 4cyl. The after treatment looks better now in the 3.0 now but it will have all the unfiltered crap from the crankcase blown in the intake also. I bought a catch can that caused problems. My Cummins trucks have big filters on the valve covers and work great. I went with the gas motor. Will wait until the diesel is proven first.

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey
I do not have any experience with the Coyote 5.0, but, they say it is an oil burner...
There are plenty of stories of consuming 1-2 qts between oil changes, but the Coyote (especially with the A10 behind it) aren't to be taken lightly...and that's coming from an LS7 guy.lol

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
There are plenty of stories of consuming 1-2 qts between oil changes, but the Coyote (especially with the A10 behind it) aren't to be taken lightly...and that's coming from an LS7 guy.lol
Cool, I am also an LS7 guy -- Z/28.... No ticking yet... lol...

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I didn't say they didn't take a bailout. But their approach to handling things afterwards was better. And I'm not seeing their folks striking or workers for their company I know complaining about being forced to be part-time, contract, etc.

I USUALLY do as well. Hence my first (and up till now only) car was a Honda Element. Now, that doesn't mean I haven't had experience with reliability of other cars growing up. I have 5 siblings. All but one had cars. Buick, Mercury, Ford, Volvo, and AMC. They all had so many problems being bought used (low mileage, 2 years old) that my father swore he'd never buy used again. He did due to financial problems, and died shortly after. He moved to Honda and Kia, and those went decades without anything braking, despite being used to haul double their payloads with gear and human critters.

The Jeep Gladiator is NOT a good value nor reliable when compared to competition. It's just an objective fact (from some random guy giving his opinion on the internet lol!). There are far more reliable trucks that have better value in cost:truck-performance. Now, the JT gets additional value from subjective things like the doors, off-road capability, etc. But for $40-60k you can get way more truck/vehicle, with a better reputation for reliability. Literally any Toyota has a better "value". The Korean cars as well.

But, I love this Jeep. I will be getting only Jeeps from now on (God help me to accomplish that goal). If the FCA quality gets any worse, I'll start buying older, less technological ones.

So you're telling me your sole personal experience with an automobile is one Honda Excrement and you're basing this preponderance of conjecture on that one car?

And your Dad bought your sibling a used AMC that was 2 years old? When 40 years ago?

Please man.
Sponsored