Sponsored

Front leveling kit install w/o a lift or high lift jack?

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The rake on my '20 JTR w/ 2" Mopar lift is more noticable now with the 37's i just installed, so i got a 1.5" TeraFlex spacer lift for the front. The instructions say to use a vehicle lift....well i don't have one. My high lift is 2hrs away at the cabin so all i have is my floor jack. I did a spacer lift ~10yrs ago on my 4dr unlimited in the driveway, but i can't recall for the life of me how i did it. I do have spring compressors.

Do i just do 1 side at a time and raise one side onto a jack stand, remove the tire and then unbolt stuff on that side to drop the axle?
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Lift the Jeep from the frame as high as possible, put Jack stands underneath. Pull the tires off, keep your Jack on one side of the front axle. remove end link bolts, shock bolts, and slowly pull down one side of the axle with the Jack. The spring should basically fall off. Then you can slide your spacer in, Jack it back up and move to the other side.

I leveled my JT in 90 minutes with basic hand tools and a Jack with Jack stands.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll be doing the rear soon on my truck. I plan on propping up the frame with 3-ton Jack stands, and using my floor jack to raise/lower the axle as needed. Since you have spring compressors, you probably won’t need to drop the axles as much as I will.

Take this with a grain of salt because I’m no expert. Be sure to chock the tires on the ground as well. (Fingers crossed I don’t die).

Edit: and yes, I plan on doing one side at a time. Seems more manageable

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I did all of mine with floor jacks and jack stands. I'd never use a hi-lift jack for such a thing anyway. Good stands and a floor jack (or 2 floor jacks) do wonders.
I did have to use strut compressor to get my Synergy front springs in because I didn't want to pull calipers and such.
Sponsored