First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Insurance
So I am a first time Jeep owner as of a few weeks ago. I am loving my gladiator and so are the kids!
I am perplexed in this question though. I know it has probably been asked over and over but I am really thinking about doing either a leveling kit or small lift yet have some concerns.

will a lift or leveling kit void the factory warranty? I did purchase an extended warranty so not sure on it but am curious as I have read it sometimes depends on the dealer.
So any recommendations from the experts here?
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
No, with a qualifier.

Any aftermarket item you install will not void your warranty. As long as said item does not CAUSE the failure that would be a warranty claim.

As to dealers and them denying warranty claims.
Dealers don't give the warranty, manufacturer does. Dealer can not ultimately decline a warranty item, the manufacturer does. Dealer is just the agent and acts in the manufacturers interest.

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
No, with a qualifier.

Any aftermarket item you install will not void your warranty. As long as said item does not CAUSE the failure that would be a warranty claim.

Dealers don't give the warranty, manufacturer does. Dealer can not ultimately decline a warranty item, the manufacturer does. Dealer is just the agent and acts in the manufacturers interest.

There IS a caveat to that......A dealer CAN refuse to make repairs he/they feel are NOT warranty work....IF the dealer performs work which turns out to be NOT covered, they are stuck with the bill, NOT FCA.
I had this issue years ago with a Chevy blazer.....the dealer refused to make repairs (burnt wiring harness) unless I paid for them.....the dealership said they felt it wasn't covered, and they had spent "too much" on warranty work already this month......this is EXACTLY why I will NEVER own another General Motors product !

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
No, with a qualifier.

This for the most part. I've never had a warranty claim denied because of a lift kit, but if they determined it was the case of some sort of failure then yes the warranty work could be denied

OP
OP

Byersah

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Insurance
So let me ask this. I won’t plan on doing much wheeling it would be most basic trails or on the farm. Would you recommend a lift or leveling kit? I am looking at 33 to 35 tires and keeping the factory rims as I like them. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So let me ask this. I won’t plan on doing much wheeling it would be most basic trails or on the farm. Would you recommend a lift or leveling kit? I am looking at 33 to 35 tires and keeping the factory rims as I like them. Thoughts?
Depends on what your trying to spend. A 2" or less leveling kit would be fine for you, let you keep all your stock components pretty much other than moving the rear sway bar link to the front and getting a new longer rear sway bar link. You can probably have that done for $500 or less at a shop and under $300 doing it yourself. You can run 35's on a stock JT with miner bumper trimming.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you only plan on going with 35" tires max, then I'd go with a Rubicon take-off suspension setup (Rubicon springs & Fox shocks) which will net you about 1" lift in the front, and then add a 1" to 1.5" spacer up front, as well.

You can get the Rubicon take-off suspension for next to dirt online. Folks claiming around $200 for all 4 springs and 4 Fox shocks.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If you only plan on going with 35" tires max, then I'd go with a Rubicon take-off suspension setup (Rubicon springs & Fox shocks) which will net you about 1" lift in the front, and then add a 1" to 1.5" spacer up front, as well.

You can get the Rubicon take-off suspension for next to dirt online. Folks claiming around $200 for all 4 springs and 4 Fox shocks.
I second this, the shocks along are worth more than $200. I've considered buying some take offs just to get the shocks.

OP
OP

Byersah

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Insurance
Thanks everybody. I am going to look into the rubicon takeoffs

ADK Tiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music Teacher
So I am a first time Jeep owner as of a few weeks ago. I am loving my gladiator and so are the kids!
I am perplexed in this question though. I know it has probably been asked over and over but I am really thinking about doing either a leveling kit or small lift yet have some concerns.

will a lift or leveling kit void the factory warranty? I did purchase an extended warranty so not sure on it but am curious as I have read it sometimes depends on the dealer.
So any recommendations from the experts here?
Hi. I haven’t received my Gladiator yet (two weeks or less!). But, as suggested by other users, I’ve talked with my service guy at the dealership. He said any modifications I do to the Gladiator would NOT void the warranty because he’s known me for 15 years and realizes I’m not going to go out and trash a $50k truck. However, he also warned that if the modification causes the defect, I couldn’t expect it to be covered. But he sounded like he trusted me to not only choose the modifications I wanted, but to do the work myself.

Having stated this, I will admit that because I paid the extra do-re-mi for the Rubicon version, I’m only interested in a mod set that is modest (see what I did there?): a 2” lift for 35” tires with DOT bead-locking wheels; a cold air intake system (maybe even a snorkel!); a winch (since I already bought the steel bumper for it); and, thicker skid plates all around.

Seeing as I’m going to be broke for the next 5 years with payments and accessories, it wouldn’t matter if I wanted to do more than that before the warranty runs out. I will eventually make more modifications based on my own performance experience, not on what’s trending on YouTube - though I do look there for inspiration...

Anyway, I highly suggest giving your service guy a call and start developing a rapport with him if you don’t already have one. I was pleasantly surprised to have my guy tell me not to worry about these modifications.

Just my $.02
Sponsored