First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
I recently "rehomed" a small (17 lbs) white dog that happened to match my white Gladiator. Prior to a long trip from the rainy NW to sunny Arizona I gave the dog a good brushing since she did shed quite a bit. Well, upon getting into the warmer climate this little dog started shedding well out of proportion to her size. My question for anyone out there is: Does any other Gladiator owner have one with a fur lined interior or am I the first? Should I rent her out to others who might want to join the trend? What should one charge for such a service?
Sponsored

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
I ride with this shedding machine, every day all day. A Son of a gun to get her hair out of the carpet in the jeep and at least once a year during spraying season she manages to find a dead animal to roll around on.

16832223803643650005192393342410.jpg

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
I do dog shows and have a bi hairy dog that sheds. I use a pro dog blower/dryer to blow the hais out of the JT. Never have to vacuum. Check out "Double K ". They are great.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RHugg01

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I ride with this shedding machine, every day all day. A Son of a gun to get her hair out of the carpet in the jeep and at least once a year during spraying season she manages to find a dead animal to roll around on.

Jeep Gladiator Fur Lining 1683223407682
Mine hasn't found the dead animal yet. Her short hair seems to weave itself into the seat fabric. Also, static electricity makes the fur stick to every plastic surface.

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
BTW, The Double K dog drier blower will blow the dead hair out of the dog coat and dry them.

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
I recently "rehomed" a small (17 lbs) white dog that happened to match my white Gladiator. Prior to a long trip from the rainy NW to sunny Arizona I gave the dog a good brushing since she did shed quite a bit. Well, upon getting into the warmer climate this little dog started shedding well out of proportion to her size. My question for anyone out there is: Does any other Gladiator owner have one with a fur lined interior or am I the first? Should I rent her out to others who might want to join the trend? What should one charge for such a service?
4 yellow labs......you haven't seen shedding tell you ridecaround with a yellow lab i use a roufus rock to thin it down in the Jt. But worth the shedding to have 1 of my side kicks riding along

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
I used to have a white husky Sadly he passed before I got my Gladiator but somehow I have managed to get some of his hair in the Gladiator.
In my hose the saying is "Larry's hair is everywhere"

OP
OP

RHugg01

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
4 yellow labs......you haven't seen shedding tell you ridecaround with a yellow lab i use a roufus rock to thin it down in the Jt. But worth the shedding to have 1 of my side kicks riding along
Yes they are worth it. when I lost another companion ( non shedding breed) I made it about 3 months before needing to find another. It just happened that this little white fur spreader needed a new home and we bonded almost immediately.

Sponsored

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Our Golden Box of Rocks passed away 4 years ago, great girl but OMG she shed. Even when I traded in my Wrangler I was still finding hair from the one time she rode in the Wrangler.

I used the Chemical Guys Professional Rubber Pet Hair Removal Brush and I'd say its 95% effective, unless the hairs get in to the carpet fibers. Our Dyson Pet vac and the brush do a good job, but not perfect.

Thankfully, my two fur co-pilots, Wire Fox Terriers, don't shed very much as long as we stay up on their grooming and brushing.

Jeep Gladiator Fur Lining IMG_2796

OP
OP

RHugg01

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Our Golden Box of Rocks passed away 4 years ago, great girl but OMG she shed. Even when I traded in my Wrangler I was still finding hair from the one time she rode in the Wrangler.

I used the Chemical Guys Professional Rubber Pet Hair Removal Brush and I'd say its 95% effective, unless the hairs get in to the carpet fibers. Our Dyson Pet vac and the brush do a good job, but not perfect.

Thankfully, my two fur co-pilots, Wire Fox Terriers, don't shed very much as long as we stay up on their grooming and brushing.

Jeep Gladiator Fur Lining IMG_2796
I know about the hair getting into the fibers. I did put seat covers in my Gladiator but the hairs weave themselves into the fibers of the covers too. I don't know if my vacume is powerful enough so I might try one at a car wash.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I think Labs are the greatest source of dog hair on the planet.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think Labs are the greatest source of dog hair on the planet.
My MJ original bench seat had "Shadow" the black lab hair permanently embedded in it. A friend of mine, black lab great dog. My LJ has Amber's hair embedded in every cloth material in it. She was my cat I had. She decided to occupy it most of the time I was home. Only time I took her somewhere in carrier was veterinarian or i was going to be gone for awhile. Otherwise she would just be free roaming in it.
Jeep Gladiator Fur Lining 20230505_110804

Lint rollers or tape can pull hair out of cloth, I had to keep one or two in vehicles to remove hair from clothing after driving.
That's a reflective collar. :)
FYI I expected to be seeing the fake fur covered vehicle too. Oddly enough this was the ad's I saw..
Jeep Gladiator Fur Lining Screenshot_20230505_110013_Chrome

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I know about the hair getting into the fibers. I did put seat covers in my Gladiator but the hairs weave themselves into the fibers of the covers too. I don't know if my vacume is powerful enough so I might try one at a car wash.
I had covers on my Wrangler too, the Bartact covers were good and didn't have an issue with the dog hair (thankfully). I'd check out the brush I linked above, its pretty cheap and worked well - even better if you used a vacuum in conjunction with it.
Sponsored