First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR
Occupation
Engineer/Firefighter
Anyone experience issues trying to link the garage door opener to your unit? I have a fairly new Chamberlain with Wi-Fi and rolling codes. I hit the learn button and have tried connecting numerous times now to no avail. Feel like I had an issue with the wife’s JLU but did get it to work. Now it’s starting to bug me. Yes I've cleared it out a few times as well prior to attempting it. TIA.
Sponsored

elPollero

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Farmer
Never got mine to link after numerous attempts.
Running a chamberlain also.
You find a solution please post!!

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Are you using the "learn" button on the ceiling-mounted unit or just by holding the factory opener close to the in-car button? My programming went very smoothly using the learn button on the ceiling-mounted unit. PIA cause you have to climb a ladder, push button, get back in car etc, but it worked first time. Good luck.

OP
OP
firemarshallvin

firemarshallvin

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR
Occupation
Engineer/Firefighter
yes, the main learn button on the unit. I think I might have to move a little closer, but I've nosed in pretty good and shouldn't be too far away.

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
yes, the main learn button on the unit. I think I might have to move a little closer, but I've nosed in pretty good and shouldn't be too far away.
I got all three of mine working. Seems like I had to press the Homelink buttons in the Jeep twice to get them programmed. The instructions in the Jeep manual suck, if memory serves me correctly. It came across as if you could skip a step if you have a newer opener, but you can’t.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
When I programmed mine, the HomeLink would need to learn the code from a garage door opener you already had. You'd transmit from your opener remote and the HomeLink would learn it. It then reproduces that learned code. It didn't transmit its own code. It grabbed it from your already existing remote. Only after you got the HomeLink set up could you attempt to link it to the opener.

I don't think you can link it by just hitting 'learn' on the opener.

Jeep Gladiator Garage door opener 1682345479136

OP
OP
firemarshallvin

firemarshallvin

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR
Occupation
Engineer/Firefighter
When I programmed mine, the HomeLink would need to learn the code from a garage door opener you already had. You'd transmit from your opener remote and the HomeLink would learn it. It then reproduces that learned code. It didn't transmit its own code. It grabbed it from your already existing remote. Only after you got the HomeLink set up could you attempt to link it to the opener.

You my friend are a genius. Thank you for stating this like you did. I read that flyer in the paperwork originally but never read it like that and always felt like you could just use the learn button for rolling codes. I followed it as such, using a current remote, then hit the learn. Bingo! Appreciate it. @elPollero try it this way.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino

Worked perfectly for me on the first try.

elPollero

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Farmer

I love this forum. You have no idea how long I have been trying to get this to work. One try with the link you posted and fixed.
Thank you good Sir for your information. Hope you have a blessed day and many more

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's like the manual doesn't flow well in this area. I gave up on the learn button and used a working remote instead and it was resolved in seconds.
I told my wife never lose track of at least one working remote for each door (two doors, two brands and ages of openers). With the remotes I've never had a problem.
Sponsored