Sponsored

Gas Prices Are Still Dropping With No Signs Of Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
$2.86 a gallon around my area and $2.79 at my PB with my BP fuel perks card. It's stayed under $3.00 since before Thanksgiving .
Sponsored

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
Quickly going back up here in WV with no sign of stopping.

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
$2.86 a gallon around my area and $2.79 at my PB with my BP fuel perks card. It's stayed under $3.00 since before Thanksgiving .
That's not too bad, we hope we see more under $3 prices this year

OP
OP
carmigo

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Going up here in Michigan as well. Now over $3.25 a gallon and climbing

Sponsored

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
jumped as much as $.30 per gallon in the last week here in AL

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
Diesel by me is almost $5/gallon again.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
87 octane was $2.99 in NW IN last night and was $3.22 this evening.

Sponsored

Tupacshakur

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Not only was it a fluke anomaly, but it’s also deceiving because it is a futures market. That means it doesn’t directly mean the price of a barrel is negative, just that the futures options for said barrels was being offloaded. The barrels themselves were still worth money.

They weren’t shipping out barrels for free with $30 taped to them.
This is not correct. It's not a futures option, it's a futures contract. And yes, it means that the price is negative.

For each contract you would get paid $30 per barrel x 1,000 barrels upon delivery the next month (in this case May 2020).

Last edited:

dajudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Network/Server Admin
Up again in New Mexico as well. couple of weeks ago I paid 2.28, yesterday 2.90

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
That's not too bad, we hope we see more under $3 prices this year
Obviously you aren't looking at Pennsylvania.. Friday Up to 3.79 regular AND the state tax is now $0.61 per gal on Gasoline.. Diesel higher..

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
All of you are totally wrong. I can't believe some of the reasons that you guys are claiming that affect fuel prices. It has NOTHING to do with the price of crude, political reasons, or supply and demand. I will explain it for you once and for all.

It all starts by first extracting oil from the ground. The wells suck it up by means of a pump and a pipe, which is made of steel. The steel pipe penetrates the ground, and because of this, begins to corrode. Many people have gotten together and decided that this is bad for the environment, so just like drinking straws, they started using paper. Now a pipe made out of paper may seem like a bad idea, and it is, but there really isn't a good alternative. The corrosion was affecting the reproductive abilities of soil amoebas (specifically Globthingii Inthedirtus) producing offspring with reduced ability to pass gas. Their lifespans were shortened by up to 50% when they would suddenly explode from the pressure build up.
Anyway, you can just imagine how many times they need to change out that paper drilling pipe. It gets expensive, and the cost is passed on to the consumer.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
All of you are totally wrong. I can't believe some of the reasons that you guys are claiming that affect fuel prices. It has NOTHING to do with the price of crude, political reasons, or supply and demand. I will explain it for you once and for all.

It all starts by first extracting oil from the ground. The wells suck it up by means of a pump and a pipe, which is made of steel. The steel pipe penetrates the ground, and because of this, begins to corrode. Many people have gotten together and decided that this is bad for the environment, so just like drinking straws, they started using paper. Now a pipe made out of paper may seem like a bad idea, and it is, but there really isn't a good alternative. The corrosion was affecting the reproductive abilities of soil amoebas (specifically Globthingii Inthedirtus) producing offspring with reduced ability to pass gas. Their lifespans were shortened by up to 50% when they would suddenly explode from the pressure build up.
Anyway, you can just imagine how many times they need to change out that paper drilling pipe. It gets expensive, and the cost is passed on to the consumer.
Thanks for the explanation John, it makes perfect sense. Iam sure Iam not the only one here that is thankful for these paper crude oil extractors and how they are helping our environment, increasing sustainability and giving us more equity.

Even if gas increased to $7 a gallon I would still advocate using more sustainable extraction methods. I feel alot better now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.