Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I've never seen a Nacho Gladiator on the road. Think I've only seen 1 Punk'n. So far I'm the only Gecko I've seen on the road. See plenty of white/black/grey/red gladiators but anything else is relatively rare around here, like maybe 1 of any of the other colors. Wranglers is a different story. I wonder if the "truck buyers" just don't gravitate to anything outside of the norm.
no i think jeep doesnt like building them outside of the norm lol. Ive seen 4 here in the bay area 3 silver 1 black 2rubicons
Sponsored

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Your are only seeing the people here on the forum that ordered one. I guarantee you won't see very many on the roads. If any. Nacho ran for four months. Gecko for around two. In almost 8 months of ownership I have not seen another Nacho Gladiator on the road.
I have only seen 1 other one

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I have only seen 1 other one
My girlfriend has seen one about 20 miles north of us at Walmart a few times. It is tagged in another state so I'm not worried about crossing paths. I think it is pretty cool driving around in a vehicle that you may never see another one of.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never seen a Nacho Gladiator on the road. Think I've only seen 1 Punk'n. So far I'm the only Gecko I've seen on the road. See plenty of white/black/grey/red gladiators but anything else is relatively rare around here, like maybe 1 of any of the other colors. Wranglers is a different story. I wonder if the "truck buyers" just don't gravitate to anything outside of the norm.
There is one Punk'n local and a few Gator. Everything else is black, red, GC, hydro and white.

Back on Gecko I just did an inventory search and there are only 59 Gecko Gladiators within a 300 mile radius of me. That covers as far west as Ohio, as far south as North Carolina and as far north as New Hampshire. Most are Rubicons and Mojaves.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
The other day when I checked inventories, the dealership by me had 3 in transit. Now they only have two on the lot an none in transit. I'm wondering if the third got shipped somewhere or if there's another Gecko rolling around here. That dude/lady is gonna end up getting me in trouble.

Sponsored

NoneMoreBlk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner, 2021 Gladiator Sport S
Took long enough... I just got word yesterday that my Gladiator is in final inspection and should ship on Saturday. Nearly 3 months to the day since I ordered it.

CryptoStickers found my build sheet today.

So a question that maybe someone can answer - does the Sport S come standard with color matched fender flares? We specifically requested black, and the dealer swore that it came standard, but the build sheet lists "body color flares". He is swearing up and down that it'll be black.

Godzilla

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Took long enough... I just got word yesterday that my Gladiator is in final inspection and should ship on Saturday. Nearly 3 months to the day since I ordered it.

So a question that maybe someone can answer - does the Sport S come standard with color matched fender flares? We specifically requested black, and the dealer swore that it came standard, but the build sheet lists "body color flares". He is swearing up and down that it'll be black.
I think you have to select body colored flares no matter the trim. As long as they didn't charge you for them when you are able to view the window sticker, they will be black.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Colored are standard. Black are optional. Use your VIN to pull up your window sticker. Here is mine.

Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club 7E69C6C7-481A-4C26-9F12-1F7D23BFF074

NoneMoreBlk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colored are standard. Black are optional. Use your VIN to pull up your window sticker. Here is mine.
Yep, that's what I had done - definitely shows the same thing. I guess my dealer and I are going to have some words. We were very clear on that being necessary and he swore up and down that Black were standard. Hopefully it gives me some leverage on the price.

Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club 1634935966628

EDIT: I don't have my Window Sticker yet so there is hope. The Build Sheet is what I referenced there.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey

When did color become standard? I thought black was standard on everything but overland. I think high altitude or whatever it is also comes standard with color.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
Yep, that's what I had done - definitely shows the same thing. I guess my dealer and I are going to have some words. We were very clear on that being necessary and he swore up and down that Black were standard. Hopefully it gives me some leverage on the price.

EDIT: I don't have my Window Sticker yet so there is hope. The Build Sheet is what I referenced there.
PM if you want black and want to swap - mine’s a little ways out though but they’ll be brand new. I’m sure shipping charges will be fun for us both. Haha.

NoneMoreBlk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PM if you want black and want to swap - mine’s a little ways out though but they’ll be brand new. I’m sure shipping charges will be fun for us both. Haha.
We'll see what actually shows up, thanks for the offer! I'm pretty sure my wife just gave me permission to buy some flat fenders :rock: and so I might just have some take-offs for you.
Sponsored