General Complaint to all After-Market Product Makers

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
If I am going to complain about the aftermarket, I would complain about the lack of adequate installation instructions with many products…
No one reads instructions these days. The JT owner's manual is an example. Translation from native country of manufacture to Standard English has always been iffy. Packaging on the kitchen knife-"6 inch Boner*" . The asterisk qualifier said "Keep out of children". End quote. Still have the package as a curio. The knife works well.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
And a wiser man said..."you can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes, you find get what you need."

A very wise man once said “you can have any color as long as it is black”. Economies of scale ......rule.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
And a wiser man said..."you can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes, you find get what you need."
That Mick was just full of wisdom, wasn't he?!

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I like SPAM. Fried crispy, garnished with yellow mustard. On cheap ass white bread.
And the OP is just voicing what I've been wrestling with for 6 months. But I don't get vocal about it.
I go low sodium SPAM since I turned 43.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Look at the ARE topper. It was not this color when they manufactured it. I PAID to have it color matched in MoPar paint at the manufacturer. You can get the color code online from MoPar and then any respectable manufacturer of whatever material can have it matched. And yes.... it costs. Just like everything else in the real world

Gladiator in Driveway.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg
Post some more pics please!

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
First off, I love my 21 Gladiator. I constantly looking for ways to improve/adjust/alter it's appearance, but would like to stick with items that match/compliment the factory color. I choose Snazzberry mainly because I didn't want another black jeep; and I don't prefer the "red" they have. I really like the Snazzberry look. However, when searching for items on the after-market sites, Amazon, direct sites, etc; everything color coordinated is either BLACK, RED, or CABON FIBOR? Seriously, is it so hard to produce items that match the factory colors? Everyone keeps saying red is 'close enough'. If I wanted RED, then I would have bought red. Again, just a short RANT
Complaining about colors and his avatar has absolutely no color in it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I go low sodium SPAM since I turned 43.
I like spam spam spam eggs and spam myself.

Complaining about colors and his avatar has absolutely no color in it.
But it is so creative, sort of like black and white photography. It makes a statement with no color.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
No one reads instructions these days. The JT owner's manual is an example. Translation from native country of manufacture to Standard English has always been iffy. Packaging on the kitchen knife-"6 inch Boner*" . The asterisk qualifier said "Keep out of children". End quote. Still have the package as a curio. The knife works well.
That’s hilarious:). Something definitely lost in translation. I do read instructions though. I guess that makes me weird.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
That’s hilarious:). Something definitely lost in translation. I do read instructions though. I guess that makes me weird.
I like spam spam spam eggs and spam myself.
But it is so creative, sort of like black and white photography. It makes a statement with no color.
We eat ham and jam and spam alot.

Funny how this thread has digressed in a funny way......since the OP vanished after posting anyway.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I hear ya'. But that is why God invented paint and powder coating. So I can accent my Jeep with any color I want.
Jeep Gladiator General Complaint to all After-Market Product Makers IPKZ6974.JPG
Jeep Gladiator General Complaint to all After-Market Product Makers IPKZ6974.JPG

Wow, that is nicely done. I would gone for John Deere colors though ;) . My mom worked there!
Sponsored