Sponsored

Getting ready to off-road for the first time, what is this truck capable of? How to plan my build?

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
Surge-
I personally wouldn’t go real big on tires. You can do 35’s stock but you’ll need to space them out so they don’t rub on tight turns. 17x9” and -12mm back space wheels work good without spacers.
Either your really hard on that truck or what, you should be getting way better gas mileage. On the stock 31”s mine was getting 18-19 around town and high 21to 22 with highway driving. I have 3.73 gears and a 6 speed. Your 4.10’ s will pull a few more rpm’s out of it but not 6-8mpg.
Now that it’s winter in Pa. and the intake temp sensor is sniffing colder air my mileage drops at least 2 to sometimes 3 mpg. The computer richens up the mixture for colder temperatures. As soon as it gets warm the mileage comes back.
If you really want to lift it , 2-2 1/2” is fine but you don’t really have to. Actually a good set of of 33’s on the wider Overland or Rubicon rims would be great if you only want to off road minimally and not very often. Remember that what ever you do will affect power and performance somewhere. If your not prepared to pay the price for upgrades and then the affect! Leave it stock or start out slow and decide what you need as you learn. Just my opinion.
You already have a good truck, enjoy it and good luck with what ever you decide.
Dave
Sponsored

Last edited:

Huckleberry

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
REALLY ? . . . Wait . . . REALLY-REALLY ?? :swear: You bought THIS truck not having "a clue" what it is capable of ? How is that possible ? You been living like an ostrich ? Don't tell me . . . I DON'T even want to know . . . :headbang:
Bro,
Post useful stuff or don't post at all. People come here for advice, not your smart ass remarks.

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
This being your first Jeep, spend some time and just enjoy it as it is. I am sure your MPG will improve with time. Try a little off-road activity so you can learn how to shift it into 4wd and try to find a local club or buddy to go wheelin with. Wear out those new tires before buying bigger ones and you will grow with your Jeep.
Sponsored