Sponsored

Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build

StomperMN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 XJ, 15 JKU Sahara, 06 Swagger Wagon
Rob,
I only used the lockers three times all week, but when I needed them, it was well worth it! The Rubicon Transfer case is much better than the ones I had on my TJ and JK (non-Rubicons). There is also the off-road cruise control on the JT Rubicon which I can't tell you how nice that is to use on the harder trails. It allows you to push the button, then go to the manual side and as you shift, it changes the MPH, 1st is .6, 2nd 1.2 etc and controls the braking and accelerator so all you do is concentrate on your line! It is not in the owner's manual but I figured it out the first day. The button is where you would normally see the downhill assist but instead of the little jeep being on an incline, it is flat.
Thanks for the helpful feedback! I hadn't even known about the "off-road cruise control"...that's pretty cool!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Thanks for the helpful feedback! I hadn't even known about the "off-road cruise control"...that's pretty cool!
Funny thing is I looked all over to try and figure out what that button was but couldn't find it anywhere!! It is fantastic!

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Funny thing is I looked all over to try and figure out what that button was but couldn't find it anywhere!! It is fantastic!
Yeah, I knew about it cuz one of the reviewers TFL or TrailRecon spoke about it and used it... I still don't know when to use the lockers and when not to etc as I have never been off-roading before. I hafta learn all that :/ LOL

Daddy's Toy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Launch
Hello Gladgpa, I am loving your ride with all of your personal modifications. This is truly one of the nicest I've ever seen. Didn't read to much about your graphics though. I especially like your rear window "Gladiator" and the "weapons" along with "Gladiator" on the front fenders. Super nice design. Are these available for purchase somewhere, or were they designed and owned exclusively by you? Also curious about the Mopar lift kit. Being only a two inches lift did you notice much difference aesthetically and did it change the ride characteristics much. Thanks for being so generous with your build process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Hello Gladgpa, I am loving your ride with all of your personal modifications. This is truly one of the nicest I've ever seen. Didn't read to much about your graphics though. I especially like your rear window "Gladiator" and the "weapons" along with "Gladiator" on the front fenders. Super nice design. Are these available for purchase somewhere, or were they designed and owned exclusively by you? Also curious about the Mopar lift kit. Being only a two inches lift did you notice much difference aesthetically and did it change the ride characteristics much. Thanks for being so generous with your build process.
Thanks for the kind words! I’ve really enjoyed making this Gladiator my own! The graphics were one-off customs from a local shop. The ride is just as good or better than stock with the lift. Part of that is the C rated 315 tires and getting the pressure right. (About 28.5 lbs for mine)! It did change the look with more space in the wheel wells as I had the tires and wheels on it before I lifted!

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Hello Gladgpa, I am loving your ride with all of your personal modifications. This is truly one of the nicest I've ever seen.
Yeah, I definitely second it. I am usually not a big fan of Chrome wheels on a Jeep but you have made sure it looks classy. You must be listening to Ron Burgundy in Iowa :). Not to mention you have moved real fast on your mods, hard to keep up for the rest of us haha :clap::rock:

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
I hear you called the graphics shop!! They contacted me as they told me these would be on-offs for me only. I’ll talk to their boss when she gets off vacation next week and see if we can work something out!

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Yeah, I definitely second it. I am usually not a big fan of Chrome wheels on a Jeep but you have made sure it looks classy. You must be listening to Ron Burgundy in Iowa :). Not to mention you have moved real fast on your mods, hard to keep up for the rest of us haha :clap::rock:
Thanks @SleepyJeep ! I’m just doing the mods I’ve always wanted to do on my TJ and JK but never got around to it!! I’ve slowed down now! Probably because I’ve done almost all I wanted to do!

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Grandpa,

How do you like those magnets for the RSE step? Kinda jankey or no big deal? Did the steps perform well on your trip?

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Grandpa,

How do you like those magnets for the RSE step? Kinda jankey or no big deal? Did the steps perform well on your trip?
I was skeptical but they work fine! The steps too a few hard hits on the trail but still work fine. I turn them off when wheeling. Still need to figure out how to make them work with the tube doors. I have extra magnets just haven’t taken the time to set them up.

Sponsored

Daddy's Toy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Launch
I hear you called the graphics shop!! They contacted me as they told me these would be on-offs for me only. I’ll talk to their boss when she gets off vacation next week and see if we can work something out!
Thanks for your consideration. Me and my five year old appreciate you. Let me know.

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Since nobody has a trail cover yet, bought this one for $75. It is for the JLU but works for now.
Cover1.jpg
Cover2.jpg
Cover3.jpg

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
UPDATE - Rockslide Engineering Steps
So the tread tape on the back of my steps was wrinkling up since the first time I deployed them. Talked to the rep that was at All4Fun in Colorado. He thought it was bad tread tape and sent me two new rolls. Well Wednesday I finally got to cleaning the driver's side to install the new tape. After cleaning, I noticed a definite worn spot on the step and after further investigation (and searching the forum) discovered there is a hard stop piece that the step is to rest against when stowed. This is what is causing the tape to wrinkle. The pix below show the spot and my fix of leaving that space with no tread tape. I emailed pix to the rep at Rockslide Engineering and he asked for video of the steps being stowed so I sent that to him to. Great, fast and clear communication from him that he and the engineers want to resolve this as they stand behind a premium product. Waiting to hear what they come up with.
DriversStepClean.jpg
DriversStpClose.jpg
DriversStepNewTread.jpg