GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Mine was leaking enough for it to be a problem, I haven’t had a chance to take it in yet but the weather hasn’t been bad
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 78EA997E-34B2-48BB-A376-0C75DD4D4270
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 34E41C22-0823-4B4C-803B-280605378A69
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK C3C787C9-61F7-4B47-9EB6-31554327D7A5
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 10F555BC-6181-4AC7-B39C-1C1834C568AF
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 5DDB6E64-2009-4DD9-ABCA-8A5E8A851AB0
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 781F5C9D-4FE5-4D3E-B03F-5630FF2CDC63
Sponsored

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Jeep fixed it under warranty, the interesting part is they replaced the whole back window it wasn't the seals.

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
That’s what they did for mine, too. But the original warranty fix was to remove and reseal, but according to the glass guy there is a 50/50 chance of them breaking when removed. Mine broke, so I got a new window assembly.

Doogie58303

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Been having this issue with my back window since the last time it rained here in SoCal. I believe that was in November. Took into the dealership and just got a hug with a circle and a have a nice day.

I learned the dealer I’ve been going to is JUNK. I also found out that all dealerships are 3rd party owned. So each one is different. I also called Jeep to press the issue but there was no luck. I was making an appointment to go to the next dealership over but I had a death in the fam and didn’t get around to it.

There’s a storm coming in this wk and I felt like I needed to do something since we are in the peak of winter. From what I’m told we’re supposed to have a ton of rain. Which doesn’t happen much here in SoCal.

Here’s what I did....
-went to homw depot and bought EPDM self stick weather seal.
- lined it up to the window. With the adhesive cover still on
-used my “America the beautiful” annual national park pass to tuck it in.

tbh- I think I only need it forthw top portion. Looks like there a short in weathering or something inside the window seal. I took a photo to show but you have to reall take a look at it to see. Anyways, I went all around window and left the bottompart of the window alone.

I’m testing today....

View attachment 129638

View attachment 129640

I tried today didn’t work. Looked ok. Water tested after I finished and still drip inside. Then I had my wife spray and it didn’t leak. I sprayed again didn’t leak. Let it sit for about an hour and checked there was water there. I give up. I’m sure between the thin bead of silicone and the weather strip I’ve probably voided my warranty to fix at the dealer. Maybe I’ll take to glass shop and see what they can do.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
In the process of building my sub and amp rack behind the seats, went out to check a fitment and there was a puddle of water on the floor and a jacket soaked. Never noticed it before. One more thing for the dealer to look at in a few weeks.
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 09.06.2022-JTRRearWinLeak

Sponsored

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
If you had your back window replaced did you get a Mopar factory window? The dealer replaced mine under warranty but when I picked it up I found an aftermarket window. I am not a fan of the orange lines. The logo is PGW.

F41997D7-6ECE-4F49-A8AB-FFC3F2780DB3.jpeg

F2A26821-FB76-4B41-BE66-10B5BA36EB6F.jpeg

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you had your back window replaced did you get a Mopar factory window? The dealer replaced mine under warranty but when I picked it up I found an aftermarket window. I am not a fan of the orange lines. The logo is PGW.

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK F2A26821-FB76-4B41-BE66-10B5BA36EB6F

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK F2A26821-FB76-4B41-BE66-10B5BA36EB6F
Mine was a factory window

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Mine was a factory window
Ugh…. I went back and complained and they ordered another window. I’m waiting to see what arrives.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
44K miles, my rear window (with slider) is now leaking. I stuffed in a towel to catch the water and occasionally wring it out. Works okay as a temporary fix but humidity in the cab is still more than normal.

I hold no grudges against Jeep for this issue. Vehicles have issues just like software has bugs, and we address them as we go, either via warranty or DIY fixes.

Thinking of DIY fixes to avoid dealer delays and "hit or miss" aftermarket windows.

Option 1 is a full length visor installed across the top. Not sure where I'd find such a thing.

Option 2 is a readily available "window length" visor at the top of the rear sliding window. However, not sure where the leak is entering - might not be directly above the slider.

Option 3 is applying silicon seal into the channel all around the rear window. I like this idea. Has anyone tried it? Only caveat is I don't know if the leak is coming from the entire window channel, or from just the channel around the tiny rear sliding window itself. Any ideas? I'd guess it's from the full rear window.

Going to try the silicon seal approach, but not until after this evening's crazy wind-whipped rain blows through, with predicted wind gusts up to 60 mph. In the meantime, I covered the entire window channel with blue painters tape.

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Option 3 is applying silicon seal into the channel all around the rear window. I like this idea. Has anyone tried it? Only caveat is I don't know if the leak is coming from the entire window channel, or from just the channel around the tiny rear sliding window itself. Any ideas? I'd guess it's from the full rear window.
The leak is in the seam at the top center between the glass and the roof. My dealer had their glass guy try to pull it some, re-seal and test, still leaked. They needed to replace the whole thing. Been fine since.

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
The leak is in the seam at the top center between the glass and the roof. My dealer had their glass guy try to pull it some, re-seal and test, still leaked. They needed to replace the whole thing. Been fine since.
Thanks and apologies for not reading the thread before posting - I see now there have been several mentions of the top/center location. I'll try the silicon fix when the wind and rain stop.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I had mine fixed last summer while it was still under warranty. It was a complete rear window replacement. 6 months later I had the first time attempt to use the rear window defroster, and it didn't work. Contemplated taking it in to the dealer (now out of warranty), but a buddy started looking:
On each side of the window at the bottom there is a wire connecting to the defroster. The window has a stud (like a snap), and the connector snaps on to that. On the passenger side, the wire was disconnected, and the old snap from the old window was still in it. 2 seconds with the point of a knife popped the old snap out, and the wire connected to the new window. I now have a working rear window defroster.
Borderline criminal laziness on the dealer's mechanic, in my opinion.
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK jeep_defrost

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Back again to leaking. Flowable silicon did well all summer... but water finds a way. Had a cold snap, now almost summery temps and it leaked when hit by a storm again.
Here we start again.

Greenterror9

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Just though I would add to this thread. 2001 Overland developed a leak at approx. 35,000 miles. Was going to go the silicone route but figured since it was still under warranty let me see what the dealer will do. Long story short, took it in, dealer confirmed the leak, ordered a new back glass and installed it within a week. So far so good...if another leak develops I will let everyone know. ✌

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
The second back window was a Mopar window. All set now but irritated I had to do it twice.
Sponsored