Sponsored

Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
My order is in, looking forward to getting it on the jeep. Really like that I can add the tire carrier later if i choose
Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Yep working with them right now.

Got to say, so far their customer service has been good so far and Mitchell over there has been really helpful.
Mitchell is awesome. I ran into some issues with my install as well, and he was quick to reply and get me the parts I needed. I’m very happy with their customer service
Considering Mitchell is a huge jerk, he sure has you guys fooled! :CWL:

JK, glad to hear he's on top of it, again sorry for any hassles on the installs :like:

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Considering Mitchell is a huge jerk, he sure has you guys fooled! :CWL:

JK, glad to hear he's on top of it, again sorry for any hassles on the installs :like:
I think Mitchell has just walked out to the parking lot and removed all air from your tires for that comment..:devil:...nice to see good customer service. Will definitely purchase this once my reno blackhole in my wallet is taken care of, can't wait to make this mod....

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
If any of you guys are disappointed with the license plate light solution like I am, I found this awesome replacement from Offroad Only. @JcrOffroad , I urge you took look into revising the license plate light something like this. The adhesive on my DOA license plate light failed after 2 days. I left it on the bumper even though the light didn’t work just to see if the adhesive would last

https://offroadonly.com/shop/led-li...late-led-light-with-6-disconnectable-harness/

Edit: Side note, I did have to modify the license plate bracket by removing the wing that sticks out where the adhesive light attaches

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Finished product. The zip ties are temporary. The supplied hardware can’t be used on the top holes, otherwise they hit the bumper before the hinge is closed all the way. Also, the wing that was originally on the bracket was too low and I had to cut 1/4” off the top of my license plate to make it fit. With this light you wouldn’t have to do that

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. 3B65D038-909E-4932-9430-55D913C831B8

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. 499693A6-E5D7-432E-82AE-A362E6FE961F

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator dual swing rear bumper prototype renderings. 0B175CE4-CF92-4840-AA8A-6FCB4A06AB7A

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
JCR
Sir
Just put my order in for my bumper. thank you for your help. i am looking forward to installing during thanksgiving weekend.
Bryan K. Lay

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Awesome rig :rock:
Thank you! Quick question while I have your attention. Is this normal? I feel like it isn’t/shouldn’t be. I see it wobble with every bump and I’m afraid over time that this will lead to cracked or failed welds/fatigued steel. I had to add it to YouTube as the forum tells me it’s too large to upload

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Thank you! Quick question while I have your attention. Is this normal? I feel like it isn’t/shouldn’t be. I see it wobble with every bump and I’m afraid over time that this will lead to cracked or failed welds/fatigued steel. I had to add it to YouTube as the forum tells me it’s too large to upload

That's not normal. Our JTs spare doesn't wiggle like that. Check the carrier attach point?

Sponsored

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
That's not normal. Our JTs spare doesn't wiggle like that. Check the carrier attach point?
I think I improperly installed the spare. I need to move it closer to the carrier so the tire rests against it by 1/8th of an inch or so. I missed that in the install video

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
I think I improperly installed the spare. I need to move it closer to the carrier so the tire rests against it by 1/8th of an inch or so. I missed that in the install video
Ah yes. Measure the rear of the hub to the rear face of the tire. You then want to adjust the carrier length to slightly shorter than what you get, so when you tighten the lugnuts the tire is pressing tightly against the carrier. Hope that makes sense.

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Got it
Ah yes. Measure the rear of the hub to the rear face of the tire. You then want to adjust the carrier length to slightly shorter than what you get, so when you tighten the lugnuts the tire is pressing tightly against the carrier. Hope that makes sense.
Got it all fixed today. The only movement I have now is a slight front to back movement throughout the entire swing arm when I really push on it

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Got it

Got it all fixed today. The only movement I have now is a slight front to back movement throughout the entire swing arm when I really push on it
That is normal flex, no way for it to be totally rigid. Glad you got the tire tight against the carrier :like:

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
JcrOffroad
I just got the email that my rear bumper has shipped and it will be at the destination next tuesday. i will let you know what i think after i pick it up.
thank you and have a great day
Bryan K. Lay
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.