Sponsored

Gladiator Order Bank Opens April For June Production

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I drove a taco not too long ago and the transmission and lack of power really left me wanting more. I wanted one if the gladiator didn’t pan out, but there’s no way I could drive the laggy taco. The new generation is supposed to get a redesign, and an upgraded drive train. I think it’s due for one personally.
What if the Gladiator is sluggish?
Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
What if the Gladiator is sluggish?
Horse power to weight ratio for the JT is the same as a ram 1500 with the V6 so I would expect it to feel close to that, or better (4.10's) on acceleration because you know.. physics.

JL for the win lol. I know what the JLs drive like, so I wouldn’t imagine the gladiator being that much different.
Well ram is THE BEST riding truck on the market (shameless plug, the new Sierra Denali is pretty damn close with its semi-active dampers;)) so if they tried at all it should ride pretty well with the proven formula. Over the JL it has most of the ride improvements you can ask for, longer wheel base, more weight, bigger tire with more sidewall (22 inch wheel / low pro tires are frustrating). On paper, I think it should be more comfortable then the JL BUT only your calibrated butt can decide that for yourself lol.

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
to : Malarkey21 - Will trust the "ratios" are correct . . . wondering though, are you referring to the DT 1500 with the eTorque V6 or a DS 1500 without ? Not even sure it makes a big diff., I've not Compare-Driven a DT & DS same day ! ?
My thought as stated previously (hmm, which thread?) . . . compares the hp. of the (I have) 2016 G.C. with the stated hp for the JT ! Both V6/8spd w/ESS . G.C. being MORE aerodynamic / BOTH, my G.C. and JT Sport S (reportedly) come in at nearly the same weight - 4625 ! G.C. has 295hp/260pf -- JT has 285hp/260pf . My well taken care of G.C. is a Trail rated 4X4.
Personally, though I LOVE my WK2, However, I AM disappointed in its ability to "get up & go" for passing & entering into highway traffic; to site 2 examples. Size wise - these two, more so than with a full size DT . I'm just gonna have to wait and do the Drive Test . . . the comparing (my G.C.) will be EASY and Immediate - I will know and I will also judge it with a JLU as it is the other rig on my buy list . Oh Happy Days ahead . . . :clap:

OH, I JUST NOTICED - EDIT - THANKS JAY FOR UPDATING MY 2.0 TO A 3.6 . . . YOU SNEAKY FELLA !

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I have a RIPP on my JL. It made a hug difference, 70% more power to the wheels. Unfortunately I bought a 6spd, I drove their auto and that tranny is so much better when adding power. The gears are much closer together so you really feel the acceleration.
I plan on supercharging my JT. If I had the extra money I would love to do V8 swap. Since I don't the RIPP will be the next best thing I suppose.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Horse power to weight ratio for the JT is the same as a ram 1500 with the V6 so I would expect it to feel close to that, or better (4.10's) on acceleration because you know.. physics.
so is a ram 1500 with v6 decent for get-up-and-go?

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
@Lou3.6 Close! We had a good talk about fuel efficiency I believe lol. I guess to be more specific, I will refer to my ram 1500 (DS) with the V6 and 3.55 gears. On paper they should accelerate the same, but not to rule out the all important subjective, seat of the pants, get up and go feel. Im with you on that, need to get behind the wheel and give er full beans.

so is a ram 1500 with v6 decent for get-up-and-go?
I think my truck is OK on acceleration from a stop and on the express way (I usually cruse around 75) but im not looking for a race car. I did a lot of test drives between 1500 hemi and V6 (same trim, same options same gears, also very hard to find a dealer with trucks like this on the lot lol). In my opinion the hemi feels like its meant for the truck. The power is immediate when you want it, and it feels more in tune with what you want to do. I wouldn't say the V6 is lacking, for me its fine. I can be at 70-75 before the end of an on ramp, it has power to pass even when towing my BMW. Its just doesn't feel as connected to the driver as the hemi. With the hemi, its like the truck and you are thinking about passing that slow guy at the same time, and the V6 you are telling the truck we are going to pass the slow guy and the truck says "ok" lol.

I feel I should also say that my base line for 0 "get up and go" was my 2005 TJ sport 2.4L manual trans. ON ITS OWN best it could do was 70 MPH slight head wind you were down to 60. I literally had to draft semi trucks to build up enough speed to pass them or wait for some one to tow me around lol.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Well STEFF, only one true way for you to determine . . . you know what you need to do ! Generally I concur with Malarkey's assessment ! My personal 1500 HEMI experience (2003 >2015) was Great. Really no comparison to the V6. Only place where they are "equals" would be on Flat highway cruising - each at their highest efficiency at that point . IF you have the unexpected need for an urgent surge in power, well it's HEMI every time ! My Hemi did not have the cylinder shutdown during highway cruising, so I imagine Todays Hemi is more fuel saving there ! The eTorque- Hemi gotta be NICE - I should go test drive one of those . . . might convince myself to buy a new RAM DT w/Off Road Package (for sure) ! REBEL ?UGH, here we go again ? :headbang:
So, what's this got to do with order banks ?

Last edited:

Kt_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Forester XT
Received an email from my dealer about this:

"I wanted to touch base with you about the Jeep Gladiators. April & May production of the Gladiators will be pre-specs, meaning that the first ones will be what the factory builds and sends to us initially.

Actual Dealer ordering will open in the 2nd week of April for June production. I'll keep you updated."

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Received an email from my dealer about this:

"I wanted to touch base with you about the Jeep Gladiators. April & May production of the Gladiators will be pre-specs, meaning that the first ones will be what the factory builds and sends to us initially.

Actual Dealer ordering will open in the 2nd week of April for June production. I'll keep you updated."
So basically the same info on the first post of this thread...