Gladiator Soft Tops

Volt3894

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm in the middle of installing my RR soft top right now. The install hasn't been too bad so far- some ambiguities in the instructions, but otherwise not too difficult. I'll post some pictures when I finish up in a bit.
Sponsored

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
The man-bun hate has been over-discussed to death. Can we not?

On topic, I'm really hoping Bestop puts something out eventually. My wife's Trektop has been fantastic, and I would love something similar for my Gladdy.
The factory soft top is supplied by Bestop

Niccolo

First Name
Niccolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Semi-retired
I want a soft top for the summer but I hate the way the Mopar soft top looks. Has anyone purchased the Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft Top? If so how is it?
AA1AAEE8-889C-4B44-9233-4A10C4208BFD.png
I went with SunTop. Very easy to put up or down and better looking, in my opinion, than the Mopar one.

Reactions: RTB

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t get the hate of the soft top. This is arguable the best soft top Jeeps made but yet people canā€™t get over how it looks while propped up. You wonā€™t see it but do you hate how others will view it? Itā€™s a solid top and super durable.
I agree with you 100%. I could not care less about the man bun. Besides. I have a cap on my truck, so if it went into the bed, I'd be out of luck.

jbackslash

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I've got a ticket to have the rugged ridge top returned. The back window tab is too thick for my truck. There is another person that had the same issue. I really did not like the quality of product. I was able to find a new in box Mopar top. The Mopar quality is so much better and went together easier. I am just hoping rugged ridge takes this back.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I used to have a problem with the soft top look, but most of my issues go away when the back window comes out. It's grown on me a bit regardless.
Same. I've taken the bun off many times, but ultimately realized I didn't care enough. The only issue I have with the soft top, is forgetting to put it up and smashing it between my rig Ana garage door top frame. I've torn the weather strip/trim off around the garage twice. It's like a mental block. The top is great though. I can take out the back corners and rear window in less than 2 minutes. I can reinstall them in less than 5. It's well designed and stout.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Same. I've taken the bun off many times, but ultimately realized I didn't care enough. The only issue I have with the soft top, is forgetting to put it up and smashing it between my rig Ana garage door top frame. I've torn the weather strip/trim off around the garage twice. It's like a mental block. The top is great though. I can take out the back corners and rear window in less than 2 minutes. I can reinstall them in less than 5. It's well designed and stout.
I haven't done that yet but I can generally relate, sometimes forget to put it back up before going in the garage and it's cold/raining the next day - being a bit too tall to open without hitting the garage door opener. Thankfully not really an issue since it goes up quick.

The back corners went on difficult for me but the back was easy. Hopefully going full Safari mode to work soon.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I don't really care if the factory soft top has a man bun or not. That's not my issue. My problem is mine came with a hard top only, and I dont want to pay retail for a oem soft top. So rugged ridge (or other aftermarket) it will be. I haven't seen/heard about the sun top in a while.

Sponsored

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Is this the thread where someone in Oklahoma wants to give me their dreaded, terrible, lame, man bun of a soft top so I can see if I hate it too? I'll even give you some cash so you won't have to see that stupid thing again.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really care if the factory soft top has a man bun or not. That's not my issue. My problem is mine came with a hard top only, and I dont want to pay retail for a oem soft top. So rugged ridge (or other aftermarket) it will be. I haven't seen/heard about the sun top in a while.
Keep your eyes open, there are deals out there for be had. I bought my Mopar too brand new in the box for $1000.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
I thought there would be a lot more aftermarket soft top options for the JT. I am really regretting not ordering the dual top option with my build.

Volt3894

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I installed the Rugged Ridge soft top yesterday afternoon. The first half of the install went just fine. It was the second half, where you have to fit the top to the back of the Jeep that was really difficult. I think getting all the parts installed took about an hour or so. Getting the top on was another two hours- at least. I left the top in the sun for a couple of hours like the instructions recommend and the temperature was about 8 degrees higher than the recommended install temps, but it was still super difficult to get the canvas to stretch to where it would fit properly. I did a quick test drive and that went well. We'll see if we get any rain inside, but it seems pretty well sealed. A couple of people have mentioned that the clasps prevent the sun visors from closing all the way- this is definitely the case and just not a good design. They close about 90% or so, so they aren't in the way or anything, just kind of an annoyance. If anyone has any questions, just reach out and I will answer what I can and take pictures etc.

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Volt3894.

What would your guess be as far as how long it would take to switch back to the hard top in the fall?

And then back to the soft top next spring?

I definitely don't want a 2 hour change over. But also realize that once its stretched a bit it will go easier. Also, there is I'm sure a steep learning curve. My guess is if you were to install another for a friend it would take half as long.

Thanks,

Don
Sponsored