Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All
First post here. Don't bash me too hard and yes I have done the search bar for some answers.

I'v owned Rubicon JKU, cherokee Trailhawk, a bunch of Ram pickups, Older Chevy K10's, K5 blazers etc. So not new to the truck world, but having some issues in wanting to build a cool Gladiator as my next truck. Can't find anything on the lot that has the options I want, so I plan on ordering a 2021 this week.
Looking at doing a Sport S in white with the max tow package and doing a "scrambler style" of build

1. My first question with max tow. That package shows it has wide track axles, 4:10 gears, trac lok (rear) 245 AT tires etc for a price of $1245. However, I have seen most of the Gladiators with the Max Tow package window stickers and it did not include the rear Trac lock and $1095 vs the $1245 that the build and price shows? Anybody understand how you can get the Max Tow without the rear Trac Lok? Is that a thing?

2. Does anybody know if the retro style graphic is actually available (Mopar part number 82215958AC)? I've seen it advertised for $350 (If memory serves me correctly), but I can't find any pics of it except for the Easter Jeep build sheet. Is it the Red and orange? I am looking at buying a white one, and if it is the orange and red, I am ok with it. I guess worst comes to worst, I could also do aftermarket in the 2 tone blue too.
3. White retro wheels. I've only been able to find the Quadra-tech aluminum wheels that are available in 17". Are their other companies that make them? Quadra-tech wants $160 each which seems a bit high unless I can find some white steel wheels with the correct offset etc.

4. Do they not make a version that has a tan soft or hard top? Are they all black? I really only want a soft top ( I had the dual top group on my JKU, and I never put the hard top back on after I initially took it off after I brought it home from the dealership). I thought I saw one with a tan one but maybe it was aftermarket? If I go with the dual top group, it forces me to buy a tonneau cover (which I may not want if I can find a cool rollbar as it seems those are not tonneau compatible.

I attached a window sticker of one of the max tow vehicles without the trac lok so you can see what I am seeing

Thanks
Todd
Sponsored

Attachments

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
All max tow trucks (now) come with 4.10 gears and "trac lok" rear axles. Some of the early model 2020 builds did not include the trac lok...so that might be what you are looking at.

If a truck does not have the 4.10 gearing, it is not a max tow, it would be the standard tow package.

For wheels, my suggestion would be search around for a "style/look" you like, within your budget and find the right bolt pattern and offset, then take them to a powdercoater and do white. Should be reasonable to find some black steelies and have them changed to white as compared to only looking for white wheels.

As for tops, anything factory is going to be black, and only black. Aftermarket support should yield tan (soft tops) in the future, as I have not noticed any aftermarket soft tops to hit the production market yet.

If I am off base on any of the above, hopefully someone will come along and correct me!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Max tow has always been 4.10 gears. Max tow can be ordered without Trac loc from the dealership. Otherwise most sell with it now.
Max tow has always been 4.10 gears. Max tow can be ordered without Trac loc from the dealership. Otherwise most sell with it now.

He has the scrambler style, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi0AND6M048KJVE-2P29QtQ

TheClevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I purchased a Max Tow on Friday and it has Trac Loc and 4.10

Local dealer has 2 Gladiators with the retro graphics. Black and Gobi, both w/ Gray/silver graphic. Not sure if it comes in other colors.

I have also seen a tan top on some gladiators and wranglers, but don't believe it is in production by anyone at this time.

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies so far. So in the great state of Michigan, there seems to only be 1 Gladiator with max tow and a trac lok (according to dealer serach). its sliver and has a bunch of options I don't want. There is even 1 in transit that is non trac lok. Frustrating... I don't want to order a 2021 if I don't have to. Grrrrr

Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
What is Trac Loc... and how do I know if I have it? One of our Gladiators is a Gator Sport S max tow.

Thanks!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
What is Trac Loc... and how do I know if I have it? One of our Gladiators is a Gator Sport S max tow.

Thanks!
Look in the options under Max tow.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thanks for the replies so far. So in the great state of Michigan, there seems to only be 1 Gladiator with max tow and a trac lok (according to dealer serach). its sliver and has a bunch of options I don't want. There is even 1 in transit that is non trac lok. Frustrating... I don't want to order a 2021 if I don't have to. Grrrrr
I too am in Michigan, and ended up ordering mine in May because there wasn't any the were hydro with three options my wife and I wanted. The dealer has said it shipped Sunday, so we'll see.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
@mtudb24 check Szott on M59. Nice selection of Gladiators. Personally, I just ordered what I wanted. Waiting is the killer though. Good luck in your search, don't settle.

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Trac-Lok is essentially a Limited-slip Differential. I am not really sure how to check it except to look at the options with the sticker. You can look up you Jeep with options with the VIN.

Trac-Loc is great in certain situations where you may not be in 4 High. Limited-slip has been around for a long time and applies power to the wheel that is not slipping. You might be able to do a burnout in the dirt. If you have an open diff it will likely just spin one tire.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mtudb24

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. Ordering mine tomorrow. Still a couple options I'm trying to decide on. Premium vs standard soft top and the trail rail system. Only reason I would order that, is I see Blackhorse has a light bar that connects to that system. They say it works with a Tonneau cover, but we'll see.
I had the Go Rhino 2.0 sport bar on my Ram Rebel and made a inside the rail cover work, so maybe?

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I'm not sure about the Jeep differentials. With every other limited slip differential I'm aware of, if you raise the wheels off the ground and rotate one wheel forward, the opposite wheel will also rotate forward. If the opposite wheel rotates backward, it's an open differential.

My Sport S has Max Tow, but I don't know if it has Trac-Lok. I'm going to check the window sticker and do the wheel test.
Sponsored