Gladiator without LED lights

mrp_84

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot, Honda CR-V
I found a pretty good deal on a Gladiator. It has everything I'm looking for except the LED light group. I've never owned a Jeep but from reading around it seems there are quiet a few complaints on the standard headlights. I don't do a ton of night driving, but I do prefer quality lights for the safety of my family. Are there after after market bulbs I can buy to improve the lighting if I end up picking this one up?
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I found a pretty good deal on a Gladiator. It has everything I'm looking for except the LED light group. I've never owned a Jeep but from reading around it seems there are quiet a few complaints on the standard headlights. I don't do a ton of night driving, but I do prefer quality lights for the safety of my family. Are there after after market bulbs I can buy to improve the lighting if I end up picking this one up?
I don't remember the thread but there is a quite extensive one on here just do a search and it will give you lots of good advice a bunch of us have used to change out the bulbs to get some much better lighting

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Yes, tons of options. Go to Websites of: Northridge 4x4, Oracle lighting, Diode dynamics, extreme terrain, Quadratec, etc.

OP
OP
mrp_84

mrp_84

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot, Honda CR-V
Thanks, appreciate the help!

PuRGE

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Grey Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Physical Therapist

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
You will be fine swapping on your own as long as you are good going aftermarket. Mopar over values their crap way to much.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Never mind the fact that a new Corolla comes standard with LED headlights, but a $50K-$60K Jeep does not.....ahem.....but as others have mentioned, there are a ton of options out there.

I would definitely not hold back on a purchase because of the LED gap...I was in the same boat and although the halogens are far from ideal, you can wait a little while so you can find the solution that works for you.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
You can easily change the bulbs for cheap to get a much better lighting solution till you find the type of lights you like or perhaps wait to get more money. I really like the Oracle Bi Ocular but not in the budget. Other stuff want to do to the truck and the LED Bulb replacement hack works for me for the time being. The lighting is greatly enhanced and I have yet to have anyone flash me, etc and have done a lot of night driving on city and freeways.

Sponsored

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
These things aren’t cheap, get what you want the first time...personally I’d hold out and go with the factory LED setup, but that’s JMHO.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Don’t just throw LED bulbs in the stock halogen housings though or you will get poor results and blind everyone on the road. You can get away with it on fog lights. I had excellent results with diode dynamic LED fog light bulbs in my stock halogen housings on my 2017 Canyon. Your headlights are a different story, you need to do a full swap like the aforementioned Oracle. There are others too, but I can’t remember them by name.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
"From reading around it seems there are quiet a few complaints "

Keep reading. People complain about every thing down to a loose carpet strand here.

" Are there after market bulbs I can buy"

Yes but before you do so you may end up in bankruptcy from all the other after market parts you start buying for your truck.

Go get your truck my friend. Hooligan lights have been around for a long time and have not lead to the death of there operators so far. LED's are over ratted and to bright IMHO. If you live in a cold clement they also get packed with snow and ice due to the low heat output. More over on a jeep with the flat grill and headlight pockets.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Don’t just throw LED bulbs in the stock halogen housings though or you will get poor results and blind everyone on the road. You can get away with it on fog lights. I had excellent results with diode dynamic LED fog light bulbs in my stock halogen housings on my 2017 Canyon. Your headlights are a different story, you need to do a full swap like the aforementioned Oracle. There are others too, but I can’t remember them by name.
I put in the LED bulbs as described in the thread above, it improved the headlights light output, the lights have a sharp cutoff and they are not blinding oncoming traffic.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I put in the LED bulbs as described in the thread above, it improved the headlights light output, the lights have a sharp cutoff and they are not blinding oncoming traffic.
I’ll give you that it’s not as bad as HIDs in non projector halogen housings, but you’d have way better results with a full swap. My stock LED low beams are intensely bright if you look right at them. I’ve made that mistake before. They’re way brighter than any other headlight I’ve had, even some cars I had with factory HID low beams. If those headlights were even a little bit out of adjustment, it would be very dangerous for oncoming traffic. Speaking of which, I should probably adjust them down a little bit since I’ve added 1” bigger tires.
Sponsored