First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Not yet but I'll have a '22 as soon as I can order one and wait for it. Going with Tri-City so I can make an adventure of it. I'm just west of St Louis in Lake St Louis.

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet but I'll have a '22 as soon as I can order one and wait for it. Going with Tri-City so I can make an adventure of it. I'm just west of St Louis in Lake St Louis.
Welcome, I’m just west of you near Wright City.

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
I ordered my Mojave from Gupton near Nashville. Great experience and I recommend it to anyone.

OP
OP
Lasdar

Lasdar

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Patriot
Occupation
Former Historic Archaeoligist, now Project Controls
@chil welcome

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
The StL Jeep community seems small and our parts are interchangeable so i figured there is strength in numbers..:jk:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The StL Jeep community seems small and our parts are interchangeable so i figured there is strength with numbers..:jk:
Welcome!

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
I can tell you that I wouldn't deal with Glendale or Lou Fusz. Glendale wouldn't negotiate at all and keep telling everyone that they should pay a premium to buy from them. Not sure how they are the highest volume when also the highest price... Lou Fusz would deal, but wouldn't move past invoice pricing much (maybe 1%).
I just got home from Glendale. Let me tell you it was the worst experience I have had. Not just buying a vehicle, but at any business. My Gladiator was purchased from South County. My wife's Wrangler was purchased through Glendale and we had a decent experience at that time.

I'm wanting to upgrade from my Sport S, 6 speed and into a Rubicon or Mojave automatic. We honed in on a Mojave of which they had 4 or 5 on the lot. Sticker at $56k. I knew going in that average trade for my well optioned Sport S was around $38-$39K. It also has custom wheels, 35's and a Mopar lift and in excellent condition. They would only need to change the oil, wash the exterior and throw it on their lot.

They came back with $34K trade in value and would not budge one cent on MSRP. Obviously there was no deal to be had and I will never and have never paid MSRP for a vehicle. The salesman (same one who I bought the wrangler from) handed me the key to my Gladiator and we headed to the door only to be stopped by someone who asked if the numbers worked. I replied no, we are way too far apart. He then says let me take another look. I knew where this was going, I sold cars years ago. I informed him, I used to sell cars and I know the deal. I'm just leaving. Then he says I'm being ridiculous wanting more for my Gladiator and wanting them to come off sticker price and that they don't budge. Fine...I'm trying to leave. Then he asks what I do for a living now.. Well, I manage a service department. Just a different industry. This guy rolls his eyes and says oh, well there you go as to belittle me as if I'm beneath his shady ass. He keeps going and things get louder as I'm walking to the door while he is still trying to tell me to pay their price and I'm unfair. Finally I tell him he's an asshole and that I'll never step foot in that place again for a purchase or for service on any jeeps I own as long as he works there.

I'm not done with this guy. He didn't even have the deceny to introduce himself but I will find out who he is and make it known how he treats repeat customers. This guy made my blood boil. I'm going to scream from the mountain tops. There was no need for him to escalate the situation when I'm simply leaving.

Off to see if I can make something work out with Gupton.

Update for anyone wondering:
I ended up selling my Gladiator to Dave Sinclair Ford in South County for $38k which I thought was completely fair.
They were a pleasure to do business with.

Also ordered a new Rubicon through Gupton in TN for the 8% under invoice price.

Last edited:

stipey169

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD Wrangler JLU
Hi everyone! I've been an STL (area) native my whole life - Bridgeton, O'Fallon, MO, and now Augusta MO. Anyway, I'm looking to order a Mohave and stumbled across Gupton in Tennessee. Seems like a couple of folks had great experiences with them. I'm assuming nobody in the STL area could match? I'd rather buy local, but if Gupton is the clear way to go, then I'm all for it.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on local dealers.

Thanks!

Future Mohave owner (knock on wood).

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone! I've been an STL (area) native my whole life - Bridgeton, O'Fallon, MO, and now Augusta MO. Anyway, I'm looking to order a Mohave and stumbled across Gupton in Tennessee. Seems like a couple of folks had great experiences with them. I'm assuming nobody in the STL area could match? I'd rather buy local, but if Gupton is the clear way to go, then I'm all for it.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on local dealers.

Thanks!

Future Mohave owner (knock on wood).
Welcome! I bought preowned at another dealer, but I’ve heard great things about Jim Butler CDJR in Linn MO. Ask for Steve Boeckmann & be sure to tell him you’re a forum member.
Coincidently, my wife grew up in Augusta, right across from where the Boone Valley Golf Club is now. We’re still in the area between Marthasville & Wright City.

stipey169

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD Wrangler JLU
Hey Midnight Rider! Thanks for the response!

We live right up the road from where your wife grew up - top of Schluersburg.

Thanks for the tip on Jim Butler. I'll reach out to them!
Sponsored