Sponsored

Glitchy Taser JL Mini?

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Recently, I noticed the license plate lights are no longer turning off while in reverse gear. Haven't done any troubleshooting yet - this thread reminded me to get off my ass. Thanks!
have you messed with any of the light show settings? I did. Disabled the LP lights for the light show and then noticed it stopped blanking them in reverse. Turned them Back on for the light show and theyā€™re working just fine now.

also, heard thereā€™s an update coming soon
Sponsored

ZUUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Your Mom
have you messed with any of the light show settings? I did. Disabled the LP lights for the light show and then noticed it stopped blanking them in reverse. Turned them Back on for the light show and theyā€™re working just fine now.

also, heard thereā€™s an update coming soon
I haven't created any custom Lightshows yet.

But I did set one of the Live shortcuts to trigger Lightshow, and I'm pretty sure license plate blanking was still working for awhile after. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention?

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I haven't created any custom Lightshows yet.

But I did set one of the Live shortcuts to trigger Lightshow, and I'm pretty sure license plate blanking was still working for awhile after. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention?
I didnā€™t create a light show. I only unchecked LP lights. I also set a cruise control button to activate it and changed that back the same time I re-enabled LP lights for the show. Couldā€™ve been either or I guess.

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
I have had a problem since updating mine as well with the license plate lights not turning off in reverse but have been lazy to try and fix it. I will have to try some of your suggestions.

I also tried turn camera for a bit but didn't like the function and turned it back off.

LostMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 17 Assault, 99 S10
If your license plate lights arenā€™t shutting off, scroll through the menus and it should fix it. You donā€™t have to go into any individual one just the main overview.
It happens to me from time to time and thatā€™s always worked. It seems if you donā€™t use the menus it enters a sleep mode and needs to be woken up. Thatā€™s the closest explanation I have

Sponsored

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Try this - put the front camera app on the quick menu bar in the center display. Stock, it deactivates over a certain speed, turns the app icon gray, and won't respond to pressing it. Tazer has a feature to reactivate the front camera at any speed. Go for a drive, and see how often that app icon changes from gray to white and back, as the Tazer's program fights against the stock program. Several times a second sometimes. That's what's happening everywhere the Tazer touches. Not a surprise that it glitches sometimes and happens to miss a quick tap of the mute button or whatever

One thing you can do, is set the static functions like tire size, then disconnect it before driving. You'll miss the live features like start-stop disable and turn cam but won't have the glitchy experience ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Is that to say, that using the Tazer to have the oem front camera on at higher speeds is going to look glitchy?

Is it just the icon that glitches, or the actual camera view?

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Good question actually, Iā€™ll have to try that out and let you know.

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Good question actually, Iā€™ll have to try that out and let you know.
Did you test this, and can you please verify for me the Tazer Mini actually lets one use the oem front camera at any speed?

I've heard it mentioned, by you for one, but not seeing it in the list of Tazer features. Unless it's "activate and cycle through camera inputs."

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
It doesnā€™t work. Every so often it stays white and active at high speed. Sometimes it flickers rapidly grey and white, and if you happen to tap while itā€™s momentarily white, itā€™ll activate. Mostly itā€™s just grey and inactive. If youā€™re counting on this working, donā€™t.

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
It doesnā€™t work. Every so often it stays white and active at high speed. Sometimes it flickers rapidly grey and white, and if you happen to tap while itā€™s momentarily white, itā€™ll activate. Mostly itā€™s just grey and inactive. If youā€™re counting on this working, donā€™t.
Thanks for the info. That's disappointing as I had heard it was capable before I opted for the camera. Oh well, it is what it is, and maybe someday it will improve.

Sponsored

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
@GladLad new info for you! And apologies for getting this wrong before. Let me elaborate:

If you got the factory front camera, there are two factory apps available: Backup Cam, and Forward Facing Camera.

If you put the Forward Facing Camera app in the quick dock at the bottom of the info screen, you get the behavior Iā€™ve been describing (grey or flickering, basically not usable at speed).

If you put the Backup Cam app in the quick tray, itā€™s always active and defaults to the rear view. On the top, thereā€™s a selection button for rear or forward view. It appears that with the tazer, selecting the forward view from this screen *does* work at any speed. Itā€™s just two taps, in different parts of the screen, to get there.

GladLad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
@GladLad new info for you! And apologies for getting this wrong before. Let me elaborate:

If you got the factory front camera, there are two factory apps available: Backup Cam, and Forward Facing Camera.

If you put the Forward Facing Camera app in the quick dock at the bottom of the info screen, you get the behavior Iā€™ve been describing (grey or flickering, basically not usable at speed).

If you put the Backup Cam app in the quick tray, itā€™s always active and defaults to the rear view. On the top, thereā€™s a selection button for rear or forward view. It appears that with the tazer, selecting the forward view from this screen *does* work at any speed. Itā€™s just two taps, in different parts of the screen, to get there.
Awesome. You, and the new info! Thank you for looking into it further and verifying.

Tazer is back on the menu boys.
Sponsored