OP
OP
Steak.Sauce

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I hear ya. Ideally I would have full size rack over a soft tonneau cover.... then have a snap on cover made for the rack.
Mmmm that's a good idea!

I may work on a canvas cover that I can clip between all 4 rack feet... Maybe at least to keep some dust and prying eyes away?
Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Mmmm that's a good idea!

I may work on a canvas cover that I can clip between all 4 rack feet... Maybe at least to keep some dust and prying eyes away?
Here is another idea:

Hard cover you make that splits longitudinally (front to back of Bed spit down the middle with a lip on one side to seal it from weather). Use hydraulic struts to stand upright on both sides and attach upper to rack for stable Platform in upright position. Seal the rack legs with a boot.

Sound difficult but really a simple functional design that would allow you to still use your bed. You can make from aluminum or 3/4 plywood painted with mid deck textured paint ( Iā€™ve used this paint for current set up and a year later it is in perfect condition).

If you donā€™t want to use the bed for tall items, I have trailers for that. Put a solid fixed cover of aluminum or 3/4 plywood painted with same textured deck paint.

Then install a drawer system. For me this has been perfect with my current rack.

DIY is your friend.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Here is another idea:

Hard cover you make that splits longitudinally (front to back of Bed spit down the middle with a lip on one side to seal it from weather). Use hydraulic struts to stand upright on both sides and attach upper to rack for stable Platform in upright position. Seal the rack legs with a boot.

Sound difficult but really a simple functional design that would allow you to still use your bed. You can make from aluminum or 3/4 plywood painted with mid deck textured paint ( Iā€™ve used this paint for current set up and a year later it is in perfect condition).

If you donā€™t want to use the bed for tall items, I have trailers for that. Put a solid fixed cover of aluminum or 3/4 plywood painted with same textured deck paint.

Then install a drawer system. For me this has been perfect with my current rack.

DIY is your friend.
I just want to keep the dogs out of the sun haha

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just received part of my rack from Go Rhino (no tracking ever provided) I ordered via Quadratec. The boxes were pretty beat up and one was never delivered because FedEx sent it back to their distribution center to inspect it because it was apparently damaged in shipment. Unfortunately, what I received so far was a big disappointment... Almost everything in one of the two rack boxes had messed up powder coating (the other box containing the rest of the rack pieces is the one that's still missing and being examined by FedEx). The powder coating wasn't damaged in shipping, all the edges are peeling up and powder coat is falling off. Additionally the powder coat isn't holding on to a bunch of the welds... I also ordered their table that can be mounted to the side of the rack and the powder coated bracketry in that is having the same problem. Like I said, not a shipping issue, this is a quality assurance issue. I have to say, I waited a long time for this and was pretty excited. I'm very disappointed so far... I've sent an email to Go Rhino with pictures and details for each of the boxes that had damaged powder coat. I'm waiting to see what they do to make it right... Here's some of the photos...

inCollage_20210517_165639281.jpg

inCollage_20210517_165604278.jpg

inCollage_20210517_170610777.jpg

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@thekorky mine came up like that and I did touch em up. I only had powder coating issues with the brackets. Mine came super bundled up, but I agreeā€¦ itā€™s not from shipping.

Weā€™ll see if I have any other issues with the bars (still not received) but QUadratec said itā€™s suppose to ship today when I checked with them last week.

Sponsored

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@thekorky mine came up like that and I did touch em up. I only had powder coating issues with the brackets. Mine came super bundled up, but I agreeā€¦ itā€™s not from shipping.

Weā€™ll see if I have any other issues with the bars (still not received) but QUadratec said itā€™s suppose to ship today when I checked with them last week.
Man, that stinks... On one hand I'm glad it wasn't just me, but it's still not good... I'm still waiting to hear back from them and I still haven't gotten my other box. Did you just use some touch-up paint?

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
Mmmm that's a good idea!

This is what I've been thinking through. I am probably going with the @TrailRax because I like their liftable/lockable molle panel design. Adding a panel on the back will give the bed some semblance of security.

But once I get it installed I want to see if there is a way to add canvas panels around the inside, detachable so I can throw them on just when I am in the dirt, to keep the bed a bit more dust free. It is hard to picture or draw what I am thinking before getting the rack in my hands but an internal layer of canvas that is removable is the gist of it.

OP
OP
Steak.Sauce

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So Friday I had the sudden arrival of the table... And things went downhill from there.

First - the brackets for mounting the table do not come with long enough screws to secure to the other side. They come with 2 inch bolts, but they NEED to be 2.5 inch. I went to the hardware store and bought 3 inch (all then had) but ended up having to cut them down.

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51186868869_bf91dc7284_c

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51186868864_31eeff058b_c

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51186306358_b6ec9b4c0e_c

Second issue - only one of the 2 cables was drilled large enough to get around the bolt that mounts to the frame. Had to drill that out.

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51187158410_6b226517ae_c

Third issue - the plastic washers they provide are a complete joke, not the right size or what is shown in the instructions and break before you can get them on the bolts for the table. (you can see it just barely hanging on in the next pic.

Forth issue - The threads for the pivot bolt needed to be chased out with a tap. There was enough overlap in the powdercoating that I spent 15 minutes trying to get one bolt screwed in before removing the table completely, seeing the problem and then fixing it. Major QC issue.

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51186087741_279fdb4ffa_c

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51185395297_0c35f8d625_c

Fifth issue - the quality of the table top.... leaves much to be desired. I may end up replacing this end insetting a plastic sheet instead. I have no desire to add things to the molle panel on the outside/under of the table, so by insetting a plastic version, I can keep things from rolling off the table at angle, AND make it look a little nicer. But we'll see.

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51185395277_d10a23d6d9_c

Sixth issue - the instructions are even more whacked than the rack going together. They need to hire a technical writer, or at least allow us to add some critiques.

With that all said and done... I did get to use it this weekend. And it worked great!

Jeep Gladiator Go Rhino Xtreme Overland Rack 51185395252_bd238f574c_c

Last edited:

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Man, that stinks... On one hand I'm glad it wasn't just me, but it's still not good... I'm still waiting to hear back from them and I still haven't gotten my other box. Did you just use some touch-up paint?
I use touch up paint using Mopar oem black for the hardtop. It matches very good and its really hard to see the touch up marks, but then again, i do have to take it out on sunlight to really determine lol.

I received many parts that have crappy powdercoat even from Artec, and Offroad Evolution to name a few so i expected the same with GoRhino. I prefer my parts non powdercoated if possible so i can powdercoat/ paint to preference.

The only product i purchased (twice) that had PERFECT powdercoating is White Knuckle Offroad.

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Friday I had the sudden arrival of the table... And things went downhill from there.

First - the brackets for mounting the table do not come with long enough screws to secure to the other side. They come with 2 inch bolts, but they NEED to be 2.5 inch. I went to the hardware store and bought 3 inch (all then had) but ended up having to cut them down.

Second issue - only one of the 2 cables was drilled large enough to get around the bolt that mounts to the frame. Had to drill that out.

Third issue - the plastic washers they provide are a complete joke, not the right size or what is shown in the instructions and break before you can get them on the bolts for the table. (you can see it just barely hanging on in the next pic.

Forth issue - The threads for the pivot bolt needed to be chased out with a tap. There was enouhg overlap in the powdercoating that I spent 15 minutes trying to get one bolt screwed in before removing the table completely, seeing the problem and then fixing it. Major QC issue.

Fifth issue - the quality of the table top.... leaves much to be desired. I may end up replacing this end insetting a plastic sheet instead. I have no desire to add things to the molle panel on the outside/under of the table, so by insetting a plastic version, I can keep things from rolling off the table at angle, AND make it look a little nicer. But we'll see.

Sixth issue - the instructions are even more whacked than the rack going together. They need to hire a technical writer, or at least allow us to add some critiques.

With that all said and done... I did get to use it this weekend. And it worked great!

I just looked at my table to check for similar issues and found a few that you noticed. The eyelets on the ends of the retaining cables are all different sizes. Also my stainless steel table top didn't come with the blue plastic protector on it and there's a dent in it...

Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Too bad they ain't forum members. Their coordination with vendors sucks, they donā€™t check the quality of their own outsourced products . What a shame. I donā€™t even know when Iā€™m getting the remainder of my stuff. Itā€™s been 1.5 months and my trip is this weekend. Shame on Quadratec and GoRhino ā€œproduct in stockā€ my ass.

OP
OP
Steak.Sauce

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I just looked at my table to check for similar issues and found a few that you noticed. The eyelets on the ends of the retaining cables are all different sizes. Also my stainless steel table top didn't come with the blue plastic protector on it and there's a dent in it...
Just to clarify. Only the top ends of the cable need to be drilled out for a larger screw, so don't go enlarging holes for everything until you measure and need it. I almost made the same mistake.

thekorky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify. Only the top ends of the cable need to be drilled out for a larger screw, so don't go enlarging holes for everything until you measure and need it. I almost made the same mistake.
Noted, and thanks! My cables actually came with one end attached to the table on either side. I did remove them to verify that the cables weren't reversed with the larger hole already attached to the table. This wasn't the case. I still have one eyelet that's not the correct size.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I should be receiving box 2 of my kit today. Iā€™m getting off early tomorrow just to do the install and ready up for my trip Friday am.

my table is suppose to ship today but still nothing.