First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2012 300, 08 Scion XB, 03 F350, 65 Cuda,
Occupation
Retired Auto Mechanic/Machine Technician/Engineer
Interesting group of comments. That's what I appreciate about this community. The one's that best relate to my post, IMO, is the "setting of priorities", "all vehicles are compromises", and "flawed logic in 2 for one".

My priorities, in order of priority: 1) Comfortable highway vehicle, room for 4, with reasonable fuel economy and luggage, 2) able to tow up to 4500 lbs, 3) able to be flat-towed behind motorhome, 4) open cargo bed for hauling taller or dirty loads (bricks, mulch, etc.) and covered cargo bed when hauling personal or sun/rain damaged items area, 5) limited off-roading/snow driving, 6) A cool vehicle for my daily driving.

Clearly, the Gladiator met all of these, some better than others (i.e negatives, over 75 wind noise and MPG suffer, 5' bed and capacity are limited, positives off-road capability, coolness, flat-towabiity, and towing capacity). However, once the wife's 300 was gone, #1 was the priority most impacted, and the wife needed a vehicle.

All vehicles are compromises, agreed. However, IMO, I am lucky to be able to limit these compromises given the benefit of having 4 vehicles, excluding motorcycles and classic cars. We choose the Grand Cherokee to replace the Gladiator since I have an f350 diesel dually with 80K for hauling heavy/dirty loads, and the XB when covered van like loads need hauling. With this change we improved #1, and maintained #s 2,3, 4 and 5. Yet at this point, we were still 1 newer vehicle down for me and IMO lost #6.

Therefore, to fill the needed vehicle slot, we got the challenger solving #6 while also improving #1 further when traveling as a couple. So, this was not a "2 for 1 logic swap", but rater a 2 for 2 swap.

Does the cost of 1 Gladiator equal to 1 Grand Cherokee plus one Challenger. Obviously not. Although, equally loaded and then some, the Grand Cherokee with Quad II was nearly 10K less than the Gladiator. You apply that 10K to a nicely outfitted Challenger GT and for about 25K more I have 2 new vehicles and have met all of our priorities.

BTW, having GCWK2 we still own a Jeep, and my Gladiator was not the LAST JEEP I'll EVER OWN :)

Challenger copy.jpeg

jeep dodge scion copy.jpeg
Sponsored

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
That’s a gorgeous Challenger you got there. You will enjoy it!

OP
OP
olecarguy

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks Willpower1.

I’ve gotten a lot of complements in the last week since purchase. Not sure exactly what it is about it’s looks, but it caught my eye out of a dozen or so. While not as smart of a buy as a equally equipped Charger that has better back seating, I just couldn’t resist.

Then the icing for me is as a GT PLUS with the 2EL Package, not only does it have selectable engine, transmission, suspension tuning using sport track mode, but it has 2 tone Alcantara Nappa Leather Performance ventilated/heated seats, 20" wheels with 245/45 tires, SRT chin spoiler, power tilt/telecsope and seats with memory and auto exit positioning, Dodge Performance Pages (launch control, drag metrics, engine perf. charting via incas dyno, etc. I'm sure you're well aware), Alpine upgraded stereo and speakers, Blind Spot, Cross Traffic, and Reverse Sensing Monitoring. While not a high perf Challenger, given that I have other high perf. classics, and building a V8 (maybe hemi - TBD) 66 Cuda restomod with upgraded coil over suspension and drive, I felt this is a good buy for everyday driving.

Enjoy yours as well. Perhaps we'll met some time over on the Challenger Talk forum.

Cheers!

interior.jpg

Eaglebob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
1970 Javelin, 390 automatic, Comp cam, PS, PB, AC, 30,000 miles.
The transport driver is taking photos to document the condition before he loads it and takes it away to Texas.

Jeep Gladiator Good Bye Gladiator - Hello Grand Cherokee and Challenger interior

Wow, that’s beautiful. I would have cried as that rolled away. You really kept that nice. Even kept the 8 track.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Interesting group of comments. That's what I appreciate about this community. The one's that best relate to my post, IMO, is the "setting of priorities", "all vehicles are compromises", and "flawed logic in 2 for one".

My priorities, in order of priority: 1) Comfortable highway vehicle, room for 4, with reasonable fuel economy and luggage, 2) able to tow up to 4500 lbs, 3) able to be flat-towed behind motorhome, 4) open cargo bed for hauling taller or dirty loads (bricks, mulch, etc.) and covered cargo bed when hauling personal or sun/rain damaged items area, 5) limited off-roading/snow driving, 6) A cool vehicle for my daily driving.

Clearly, the Gladiator met all of these, some better than others (i.e negatives, over 75 wind noise and MPG suffer, 5' bed and capacity are limited, positives off-road capability, coolness, flat-towabiity, and towing capacity). However, once the wife's 300 was gone, #1 was the priority most impacted, and the wife needed a vehicle.

All vehicles are compromises, agreed. However, IMO, I am lucky to be able to limit these compromises given the benefit of having 4 vehicles, excluding motorcycles and classic cars. We choose the Grand Cherokee to replace the Gladiator since I have an f350 diesel dually with 80K for hauling heavy/dirty loads, and the XB when covered van like loads need hauling. With this change we improved #1, and maintained #s 2,3, 4 and 5. Yet at this point, we were still 1 newer vehicle down for me and IMO lost #6.

Therefore, to fill the needed vehicle slot, we got the challenger solving #6 while also improving #1 further when traveling as a couple. So, this was not a "2 for 1 logic swap", but rater a 2 for 2 swap.

Does the cost of 1 Gladiator equal to 1 Grand Cherokee plus one Challenger. Obviously not. Although, equally loaded and then some, the Grand Cherokee with Quad II was nearly 10K less than the Gladiator. You apply that 10K to a nicely outfitted Challenger GT and for about 25K more I have 2 new vehicles and have met all of our priorities.

BTW, having GCWK2 we still own a Jeep, and my Gladiator was not the LAST JEEP I'll EVER OWN :)

Challenger copy.jpeg

jeep dodge scion copy.jpeg
Take the transport bumper protectors off yet? Sorry, it’s all I can see lol

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiatore is a jack of all trades, master of none. Which is fine for me.

I only have so much garage space.

Its like when people say the Glock 19 is the most versatile gun on the market. I agree. But I dont' need versatile. I've got plenty of room in the safe. Much more than I have room in the Garage.

Last edited:

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I love my gladiator. I’m going to put a hellcat engine in it after my power train warranty is up in a few years. With that said, idk man if a cheap stickered TRX or Raptor pops up, idk it’s mighty tempting. I love jeeps tho. I love that I can buy a base trim and generally add everything to it myself over time. Or if a door breaks I can replace it myself

Also fun fact, I never need to remove my Tints as you just get it inspected with the doors off 😂

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On the logic of having 2 vehicles: I do have 2 tagged and insurance I'm single. Why if one is down I still have transportation other than pedaling a bike or walking. It really sucks being "stuck" at home, missing few days of work and unable to make parts run to fix "your" transportation. To damn far to walk to rent a car. Especially living in boonies. Having to depend on phoning a friend or buddy to get a ride, that's when you do find out who your friends are. I spent night in rain in January replacing a clutch by myself.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DJPodratz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Vlad the Glad is perfect for me! I used to have a 2013 Nissan Frontier for occasional hauling and a 2005 LJ for fun.

We downsized and moved into a condo. Didn't have a place to park 2 vehicles. Gladiator fills BOTH roles perfectly!

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
As a pick up it has a much lighter payload and smaller bed than most, this to ensure off-road ability.
This is completely false.

It was just clear that, like many Wrangler and JT buyers, that you didn't do your homework before buying. Likely just liking the idea of DAT JEEP LYFE without much research as to what that really means. Don't sweep that shit under making it the Jeeps fault. Its your own. Either way...sounds like you made the right decision...finally. Jeeps aren't for you.

The JT is literally the best Jeep ever made (comparing it only to the Willy's, CJ, Wrangler vehicles). If you cannot find your happy place in a JT then Jeeps aren't for you. Its that simple.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Damn that's a Lot of tires, batteries & insurance to keep up.

OP
OP
olecarguy

olecarguy

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Take the transport bumper protectors off yet? Sorry, it’s all I can see lol
L
This is completely false.

It was just clear that, like many Wrangler and JT buyers, that you didn't do your homework before buying. Likely just liking the idea of DAT JEEP LYFE without much research as to what that really means. Don't sweep that shit under making it the Jeeps fault. Its your own. Either way...sounds like you made the right decision...finally. Jeeps aren't for you.

The JT is literally the best Jeep ever made (comparing it only to the Willy's, CJ, Wrangler vehicles). If you cannot find your happy place in a JT then Jeeps aren't for you. Its that simple.
While I do appreciate this forum community, it never fails that there’s always that moronic person who lacks the ability to to read a post and comprehend the content in its entirety vs just focusing on a sentence and then using that to express their narrow view which is taken out of context. Furthermore, it never surprises me who these same people are unable to express themselves without the use of vulgarities!
Sponsored