Got ‘er over a hunnert today

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
We live on a rock hurtling through space around a giant orange ball. There will be many more ice ages and meltdowns long after I am gone most likely. The planet will get rid of us pest eventually and move on to something else. Pop your top and enjoy it while you can
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I clicked on this post just to see what a Hunnert was. 420 miles on a tank of gas now that is impressive.
Right now mine says I'm on track for 430 (that will likely drop as I am going to be checking out my trailer, a lot of idling and maneuvering). I've done 420.

it is called climate change andbetter prepare for turbulence
If this year mirrors 1911 - I don't see much change - I see more of the same from 110 years ago.

OP
OP
Kevin_D

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I clicked on this post just to see what a Hunnert was. 420 miles on a tank of gas now that is impressive.
I was quite surprised, as that tank of gas would’ve gone over 500 miles had I run it down. The picture was taken with it at 350 miles.

Kevin

Sponsored

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
We have a couple of months where our night time lows are higher than that. Don’t really mind a 121* day if there’s 4% humidity and a little light wind. But, as I age I am getting less tolerant of the heat. Never have been tolerant of humidity. And I mean anything above 15%…
I'm down the hill from you in Palm Springs. Anything below 110 is whatever. So long as it's dry, that is.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I only wish it would rain. You'd think with dew points 77+ there'd be enough moisture and the high temps would generate the energy - but nuttin.
It sure as hell isn't a "Dry heat" here other than the lack of rain.
We're already about 1.6" below normal just for August.
Aint no such thing as dry heat in Iowa. Lived there for a summer. For a place no where near a large body of water, it sure was humid as all get out. I live near large body of water and it is no where the humidity of the mid west.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Right now mine says I'm on track for 430 (that will likely drop as I am going to be checking out my trailer, a lot of idling and maneuvering). I've done 420.

If this year mirrors 1911 - I don't see much change - I see more of the same from 110 years ago.
science tells us otherwise

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I'm more impressed with the MPG.

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
We live on a rock hurtling through space around a giant orange ball. There will be many more ice ages and meltdowns long after I am gone most likely. The planet will get rid of us pest eventually and move on to something else. Pop your top and enjoy it while you can
Not to mention that the Sun swells to a red giant and obliterates every thing inside of the asteroid belt. But we have the Sceaming Mimi's so cought up in the universe revolving around their selfish, myopic existence which does not amount to a phart in a whirwind 4 billion years from now. Educators/indoctinationists told us in the 70's global cooling would be the end of us by the 2000's along with oil running out. Why do you think "Heat Index" was added to the daily forecast? It causes humans to subconciously feel miserable, blame themselves for the natural cycle of weather and to bolster the claim that somehow, every thing that causes discomfort is our fault and can be fixed with US dollars. 3rd cup on the way.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've been way out west of the Mississippi where it's way beyond 100F each day. I was working on a roofing crew at that. Let me tell you, 110F out there is baby food compared to what people east of the Mississippi have to deal with. When it's 95-105F but the dewpoint temp is 80F and there is zero breeze whatsoever, that's when your body finds it really hard to function. It's a totally different animal. I'd take 115 out west over 95 in the east six days a week and twice on Sunday.

The 30 year averages show that excessive heat has killed more people than tornadoes and floods. Nobody takes the heat index seriously.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I'm more impressed with the MPG.
Thank you for calling that out, im shocked nobody esle did. I saw that and was like WTF this is a jeep.