Grab Handles - are they useful?

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
To those that have them or have used them: are they helpful or just cool accessories?

Do they get in the way?
Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I like them. I had them in my LJ. You can always grab the roll bar, but the handle is much easier and you can use either hand.

OP
OP
Jason Oliver

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Approaching Retirement

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
I had them in my jku and like them... the family missed them enough that they all asked me to get a set (and I did).
I’m tall enough not to need it to get in but I do use them it’s a good additional spot to hang on, rest your arm...
On the jt they hang lower (factory style/quadratec) I thought it might get in the way but I like it.

the kids and wife use them to help get in, and they do help

FFCA7700-50E6-41E1-8D0B-00880093F261.jpeg

4971AC3B-9F02-43B6-B07B-4E97C9687F82.jpeg

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
To those that have them or have used them: are they helpful or just cool accessories?

Do they get in the way?
Yes they are useful. My wife wanted them for something to hold on to when bouncing down the trails or off camber. The front handle is too far away and not centered for balance.
They are also a handy when you're at the mall you have to climb over that curb to get to the parking spot if you don't want your passenger falling out.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I put them on the passenger doors. I also installed the soft handles that go through the headrests on the front seat. Both get used.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I just put a set in mine. I use the standard grab handle on the a-pillar for getting into the JT. The grab handles I put in are, as several members have mentioned above, are really more for resting your hand. I was originally resting my hand on the roll bar between the door and the roof panel. But the grab handles are way more comfortable. Also, since they are lower, it’s putting less fatigue on holding my whole arm up on the roll bar.

64D8E921-45CC-452B-B80A-61ADC6EEF0C2.jpeg

D919721B-93B6-498C-96FB-828712C6BFC6.jpeg

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

Do they get in the way?
yes they are helpful especially for the driver when the front doors are off, and when kids or passengers are getting the jeep if you have a lift. Do they get in the way? I would say no I’ve never thought once hey these things are annoying And in the way

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
My wife uses the passenger side one to get in. My side is more decorative. I use the steering wheel and A pillar CMM handle to enter. Rears are purely decorative since no one ever rides in the back seat. I was I had a 2 door frankly.

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yes they are useful. My wife wanted them for something to hold on to when bouncing down the trails or off camber. The front handle is too far away and not centered for balance.
Same here - I put in the front and back ones for the wife and kids for when we're bouncing around on the occasional trail. We're all kind of tall, so don't need them to get into the JT. Also, they do not get in the way at all.

OP
OP
Jason Oliver

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
All good stuff here - thank you all for your contributions! Looks to be a worthwhile addition.

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
P.S. I went with the Mopar brand, front and rear. Easy install, utilizes existing mounts/screws.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I kept the OEM grab handles from my JKU when I traded it in and moved them to my Gladiator just because I thought it was cool to move something a little old to something new.
Sponsored