Sponsored

Groundhog Badge Order Thread

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
EDIT: Here's a great photo from @Gatorized of the badges.
Jeep Gladiator Groundhog Badge Order Thread 1588741406526

After great support by all of you, i asked the mods to delete the other two poll threads so somebody from china doesn't steal the idea. I have watermarked the 2 badges that I'll have created so you can see what they'll look like. Below is also a photo of one of the Gator badges so you can see what they look like when done. The watermark will not be on the final version of course.

I'll be contacting Pixel Decals to sell decals of these designs. I won't send him the art until its all finalized. I'll include info on the decals once that's ready.

Name - Sitting Alone Groundhog
Round 1 - 33 wanted already
Jeep Gladiator Groundhog Badge Order Thread upload_2020-2-23_22-16-57

Name - In Truck Groundhog
Round 1 - 74 wanted already
Jeep Gladiator Groundhog Badge Order Thread upload_2020-2-24_0-2-11

COST

Badge cost is $20 for 1 and $15 for each additional of same design. The manufacturer has setup fees for each design.
Each shipment has a padded blue bag shipped inside a USPS priority package. Paypal is preferred, but with special request you can send me a check.

ORDERING PROCESS

The process goes like this.
  1. PM - PRIVATE MESSAGE me with the quantity of each badge you want and your paypal email address. You can do this by left clicking on my name and selecting "send a private message".
  2. me how many of EACH badge you want and your paypal email address.
  3. I'll reply that i got your PM and add you to my order file.
  4. When about 50 or so people are ready to order, I'll email each of you with further instructions for payment and YOUR shipping info. I do this because I don't keep inventory of the badges and I don't want you to pay me, then wait 3 months for more orders to build up.
  5. When i've received most of the money I'll close the round to orders submit the order to manufacturing and start a new round. I do this because if they manufacture 1 badge, its like $150 for just 1. The economical order is 50+
  6. I'll keep updating post 1 with the round count and badge count for each.
DISCLAIMER
Please keep in mind this is not my day job. I'm not looking to get rich, nor am i looking to lose money on this deal. If you ask around I think the order process for the Gator Badges round 1 went very well. We've been stuck around 25 badges wanted for round 2 for months, but again I'm not hanging onto people's money either. Thanks peeps! :dance:

Here is one of the Gator Badges. The Groundhog ones will be made of same nickel plated plastic material. They're 1/8" thick with black edges and 1/32" 3M adhesive backed. Size is 60mm x 60mm, same as the trail rated badge on the JT. For more examples/info on the material you can check out https://emblemart.com/newsite/products/chrome-
emblems/

Jeep Gladiator Groundhog Badge Order Thread 45422

@#HuckleberryJeep, @5JeepsAz, @Abomination, @AKDrifter, @alwhite, @Amerikitty, @Arop, @arosen1997, @ATX_Gladiator, @AustinJT, @Bacstar, @BAT, @Bbannongmu, @beelzebot, @Benny, @BigRedXJ97, @Billy, @BLK HOLE, @BobBob, @boltnut, @Bowerss2, @Br4hm4, @Breaktrack, @brewerydad, @bryanklay, @ButWhatDoIKnow, @CAL71, @CavTrpr, @cgflyer, @cgoodwin0990, @Chaimstein, @CheatyJeepy14, @Chevy6772, @chsapeak, @Clint, @CroweGladiator, @ctmiller118, @Daeyis, @DAGORED, @Dan.con99, @DarkAardvark, @dbaudoin, @diamondschwin, @DirtyD, @DrBobby, @Dschaening, @Dwatso, @Econn2000, @fbcarlson, @ffdfrontman, @Finiti, @funguy7301, @furrymurray, @FuzziBill, @Gameshow, @Gladiator4Runner, @gladius.jt, @Gladleon, @GoAnyWhereTruck, @Godfadr, @Gray_Bison, @Greg75, @hendrixjr, @hivol13, @Hootbro, @Hurricane, @ih800a, @Jake, @Jdyowa, @JeeperCreeper, @Jeepman_94, @JeepWolf, @Jellygladiator, @Jessem, @JimThe4th, @jlg, @Jorge, @JP1, @jwalt, @Kaviiak, @Kch, @KDR83, @kenszel, @Klutch, @kosmos, @Lindacamp941, @lkeith, @Longbeard, @MACulberson, @madduck, @MadFoodScientist, @Markpod7, @Marx, @MATANZAS STING RAY, @Matstock4, @maverick721, @max toe, @mcolbyb, @mcoplan, @Mdonohue, @Mightytalldude, @Mikegcny, @Moab, @mojocho, @Moose95, @mopar 1957, @mpainting, @MR.XJ, @Msnthrp, @Murgatroid, @ndn384, @Nicepackage, @OcmulgeeOgre, @Okeechobee Jim, @one2doo, @OrangeChuck, @Papa Tim, @PapaChop83, @pdumbleton, @Peglegpete, @Pizziola29, @popesteve, @Psycho Squirrel, @PyrPatriot, @rafaelsmith, @Rejectbassmaster, @Ringmaster, @Robieman, @robinja, @Rokon, @rrtidwell, @RSK, @Rubinator919, @rubiRI77, @Rujonesfamily, @Rulf, @Rupicon, @sad85XD, @Sailingmat, @Sallaman, @Screamineagle, @Seansmd, @sh0ckman, @ShikGluon, @Silverbullet, @slapdappy, @Slapping_Rabbits, @SleepyJeep, @smlobx, @SoonerDPT, @spaterick, @spazzyfry123, @steffen707, @TennesseePA, @tfinnell, @ThatStinging_Jeep, @TheITGuy, @TheProfessor, @Thfc_gtsby, @ThomFoolery, @Thunder Cloud, @TL 1of4190, @Tom in Long Island NY, @tomatao, @TrailHiker, @TUF A NUF, @Twig & Berries, @Uparms, @usc4duke, @WanderingTrail, @Warman, @wdsryder, @Whinter, @WhiteJT8541, @Whiteknight, @Wilder, @Wilsonb80, @windyridge89, @Woga, @Wolny10, @wyodirt, @Yerovi,
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
7 Things You Didn't Know About Groundhogs

1. A groundhog by any other name. :camera::camera: Groundhogs are also variously referred to as woodchucks, whistle-pigs, or land-beavers. The name whistle-pig comes from the fact that, when alarmed, a groundhog will emit a high-pitched whistle as a warning to the rest of his or her colony. The name woodchuck has nothing to do with wood. Or chucking. It is derived from the Algonquian name for the critters, wuchak.

2. Home sweet home. :party:Both male and female groundhogs tend to occupy the same territories year after year. For females, there is very little overlap between home ranges except for the late spring and early summer, as females try to expand their territories. During this time, their ranges may overlap by as much as ten percent. Males have non-overlapping territories as well, though any male territory coincides with one to three mature females' territories.

3. Baby groundhogs! :piggybank:Infants stick around home for only about two to three months after being born in mid-April, and then they disperse and leave mom's burrow. However, a significant proportion - thirty five percent - of females stick around longer, leaving home just after their first birthdays, right before mom's new litter arrives.

4. Family values. :turkey:In general, groundhog social groups consist of one adult male and two adult females, each with an offspring from the previous breeding season (usually female), and the current litter of infants. Interactions within a female's group are generally friendly. But interactions between female groups - even when those groups are shared by the same adult male - are rare and aggressive. Even though daddy woodchuck doesn't live at home, from the breeding season through the first month of the infants' lives, he visits each of his female groups every day.

5. Medical models. Groundhogs happen to be a good animal model for the study of hepatitis B-induced liver cancer. In fact, if infected with Woodchuck Hepatitis B virus, the animal will always go on to develop liver cancer, making them useful for the study both of liver cancer and of hepatitis B. :(:(

6. Look up! Though they spend most of their time on or under the ground, groundhogs can also climb trees.

7. Eskimo kisses. :involve::involve::involve: Groundhogs greet each other with an odd variation of the eskimo kiss: one groundhog approaches and touches his or her nose to the mouth of the second groundhog. Or, as scientists call it, they make "naso-oral contact."

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/thoughtful-animal/7-things-you-didnt-know-about-groundhogs/

So yeah, they do kinda look like beavers. Now you can edumacate the lay people when they ask you about the badges on your Gladiators!. :movember:

Last edited:
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the final product have the picture within the circle/outer ring?
good question.
No, if the photo overlaps the outer tick marks, it will cover them (kinda gives it a more action/jumping off the canvas effect). see the gator one below. You see how the snout, helmet, tail and rocks overlap? That's what it will look like for both of the Groundhogs. For the one sitting, his head and left side (of his head) whiskers will overlap. For the in the car one, I had thought about making it all fit inside of the outer ring, but in order to do so, it would have cropped too much of the side of the truck.

Hope this makes sense.
45422-jpg.jpg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I like the gator one and dont mind the overlap. The groundhog one just doesnt work as it looks like a rectangle overlaying a circle. I appreciate the effort you put in. Just cant put it on my JT that way

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I like the gator one and dont mind the overlap. The groundhog one just doesnt work as it looks like a rectangle overlaying a circle. I appreciate the effort you put in. Just cant put it on my JT that way
I can see why you may think that. May want to hold off until you see final art work. However, it is your JT. I’m getting it to add to some of my random Jeep/JT stuff.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The groundhog one just doesnt work as it looks like a rectangle overlaying a circle.
you mean this one
Name - Sitting Alone Groundhog, i don't see the rectangle part, but to each his own.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
After great support by all of you, i asked the mods to delete the other two poll threads so somebody from china doesn't steal the idea. I have watermarked the 2 badges that I'll have created so you can see what they'll look like. Below is also a photo of one of the Gator badges so you can see what they look like when done. The watermark will not be on the final version of course.

I'll be contacting Pixel Decals to sell decals of these designs. I won't send him the art until its all finalized. I'll include info on the decals once that's ready.

Name - Sitting Alone Groundhog
Round 1 - 4 wanted already

View attachment 62750

Name - In Truck Groundhog
Round 1 - 3 wanted already

View attachment 62751

COST

Badge cost is $20 for 1 and $15 for each additional of same design. The manufacturer has setup fees for each design.
Each shipment has a padded blue bag shipped inside a USPS priority package. Paypal is preferred, but with special request you can send me a check.

ORDERING PROCESS

The process goes like this.
  1. PM me how many of EACH badge you want and your paypal email address.
  2. I'll reply that i got your PM and add you to my order file.
  3. When about 50 or so people are ready to order, I'll email each of you with further instructions for payment and YOUR shipping info. I do this because I don't keep inventory of the badges and I don't want you to pay me, then wait 3 months for more orders to build up.
  4. When i've received most of the money I'll close the round to orders submit the order to manufacturing and start a new round. I do this because if they manufacture 1 badge, its like $150 for just 1. The economical order is 50+
  5. I'll keep updating post 1 with the round count and badge count for each.
DISCLAIMER
Please keep in mind this is not my day job. I'm not looking to get rich, nor am i looking to lose money on this deal. If you ask around I think the order process for the Gator Badges round 1 went very well. We've been stuck around 25 badges wanted for round 2 for months, but again I'm not hanging onto people's money either. Thanks peeps! :dance:

Here is one of the Gator Badges. The Groundhog ones will be made of same nickel plated plastic material. They're 1/8" thick with black edges and 1/32" 3M adhesive backed. Size is 60mm x 60mm, same as the trail rated badge on the JT. For more examples/info on the material you can check out https://emblemart.com/newsite/products/chrome-
emblems/

45422.jpg

@#HuckleberryJeep, @5JeepsAz, @Abomination, [USERI=22255][USI ER=22255]@AKDrifter[/USER][/USER], @alwhite, @Amerikitty, @Arop, [.I I I USER=26407]@arosen1997[/USER], @ATX_Gladiator, @AustinJT, @Bacstar, @BAT, @Bbannongmu, @beelzebot, @Benny, @BigRedXJ97, @Billy, @BLK HOLE, @BobBob, @boltnut, @Bowerss2, @Br4hm4, @Breaktrack, @brewerydad, @bryanklay, @ButWhatDoIKnow, @CAL71, @CavTrpr, @cgflyer, @cgoodwin0990, @Chaimstein, @CheatyJeepy14, @Chevy6772, @chsapeak, @Clint, @CroweGladiator, @ctmiller118, @Daeyis, @DAGORED, @Dan.con99, @DarkAardvark, @dbaudoin, @diamondschwin, @DirtyD, @DrBobby, @Dschaening, @Dwatso, @Econn2000, @fbcarlson, @ffdfrontman, @Finiti, @funguy7301, @furrymurray, @FuzziBill, @Gameshow, @Gladiator4Runner, @gladius.jt, @Gladleon, @GoAnyWhereTruck, @Godfadr, @Gray_Bison, @Greg75, @hendrixjr, @hivol13, @Hootbro, @Hurricane, @ih800a, @Jake, @Jdyowa, @JeeperCreeper, @Jeepman_94, @JeepWolf, @Jellygladiator, @Jessem, @JimThe4th, @jlg, @Jorge, @JP1, @jwalt, @Kaviiak, @Kch, @KDR83, @kenszel, @Klutch, @kosmos, @Lindacamp941, @lkeith, @Longbeard, @MACulberson, @madduck, @MadFoodScientist, @Markpod7, @Marx, @MATANZAS STING RAY, @Matstock4, @maverick721, @max toe, @mcolbyb, @mcoplan, @Mdonohue, @Mightytalldude, @Mikegcny, @Moab, @mojocho, @Moose95, @mopar 1957, @mpainting, @MR.XJ, @Msnthrp, @Murgatroid, @ndn384, @Nicepackage, @OcmulgeeOgre, @Okeechobee Jim, @one2doo, @OrangeChuck, @Papa Tim, @PapaChop83, @pdumbleton, @Peglegpete, @Pizziola29, @popesteve, @Psycho Squirrel, @PyrPatriot, @rafaelsmith, @Rejectbassmaster, @Ringmaster, @Robieman, @robinja, @Rokon, @rrtidwell, @RSK, @Rubinator919, @rubiRI77, @Rujonesfamily, @Rulf, @Rupicon, @sad85XD, @Sailingmat, @Sallaman, @Screamineagle, @Seansmd, @sh0ckman, @ShikGluon, @Silverbullet, @slapdappy, @Slapping_Rabbits, @SleepyJeep, @smlobx, @SoonerDPT, @spaterick, @spazzyfry123, @steffen707, @TennesseePA, @tfinnell, @ThatStinging_Jeep, @TheITGuy, @TheProfessor, @Thfc_gtsby, @ThomFoolery, @Thunder Cloud, @TL 1of4190, @Tom in Long Island NY, @tomatao, @TrailHiker, @TUF A NUF, @Twig & Berries, @Uparms, @usc4duke, @WanderingTrail, @Warman, @wdsryder, @Whinter, @WhiteJT8541, @Whiteknight, @Wilder, @Wilsonb80, @windyridge89, @Woga, @Wolny10, @wyodirt, @Yerovi,

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I like both these designs and would buy one of each. Got the young scrapper chuck with an attitude and the older laid back dude enjoying life. That and his whiskers match mine!

OrangeChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n Gladiator
Steffens, let me know it’s you in the bar and I’ll buy the drinks.

Damn fine job brother.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
You know he’s got that look on his face that says - “Bill said I could drive. When Bill, WHEN?”

upload_2020-2-23_8-22-24.png

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like both these designs and would buy one of each. Got the young scrapper chuck with an attitude and the older laid back dude enjoying life. That and his whiskers match mine!
Follow the order instructions and I'll get you on the list

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What orangechuck said,come on down to tombstone Az,I'm buyin
I need to create a google map of where all the free beers can be had. Tombstone AZ, somewhere near New Jersey or Norfolk......Epic road trip! lol
Sponsored