www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
I live in Guam and will be here for the foreseeable future. I got the go from my wife to get a Jeep Gladiator. I started to look around and found few options and one Jeep Dealer.

There is also the MAS (military) sales here but they are way behind on the market as far as options and pricing goes. I priced one with them and the out the door price for a Sport S was 50000 for a bare bones no option white Gladiator. I blame the guy running the program out here on that one, not the salesman. Whoever is managing this is horrible at their job. The Jeeps they do have on island are all bare bones models and nothing to differentiate them with buyers. You can go to the Navy base or the Air Force base, they are all horibbly optioned, no tow packages, no LSD options, etc. Its as if they just buy them as low optioned and sell them like they are the best deal on the island. This is not the case at all! I crawled under every Jeep JL and JT and found them to be covered in Ziebart spray. Its a 500 dollar add on and its mandatory. They covered everything and the overspray is all over the paint. What a sloppy bunch of garbage. Its not even a judgement call on Military Auto Source Guam. They need to fire the management or at least train the guy.

The other option is the Local Cars Plus FCA dealer. I gave them a quick call on an S they had optioned out with everyhthing I wanted and more but after TTL it would be 51000. This included the 46,300 dollar window sticker, 3000 in taxes, and some huge shipping fee (over the Pacific). They included the 2500 FCA discount; however, they still had the price to 51000 out the door.

I bought the Sport as follows:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
Punk'n Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint $195
Customer Preferred Package 24S $3,200
17–Inch x 7.5–Inch Tech Silver Aluminum Wheels
Power Windows with Front 1–Touch Down
Power Tailgate Lock
Speed Sensitive Power Locks
Power–Heated Mirrors
Remote Keyless Entry
Security Alarm
Leather–Wrapped Steering Wheel
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Automatic Headlamps
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Normal Duty Plus Suspension
7.0–Inch Radio Group $995
Uconnect® 4 with 7.0–Inch Touchscreen Display
Google Android Auto™
Apple CarPlay®
Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control
Reconfigurable Cluster 7.0–Inch Color Display
SiriusXM® with 1–Year Radio Sub, Call 800–643–2112
Trailer–Tow Package $350
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Heavy–Duty Engine Cooling
Convenience Group $595
Remote–Start System (N/A w/ Manual Transmission)
Universal Garage Door Opener
Hardtop Headliner $555
Cargo Management Group with Trail Rail System $895
Truck Bed 115–Volt AC Outlet
Lockable Rear Underseat Storage Bin
400W Inverter
All–Weather Slush Mats $165
8–Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission $2,000
Selec–Speed® Control
Transmission Skid Plate
Trac–Lok® Anti–Spin Rear Differential $595
245/75R17 All–Terrain Tires
Black Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top $1,195
Rear Sliding Window
Rear Window Defroster
Freedom Panel Storage Bag
Spray–In Bedliner $495
Destination Charge $1,545
TOTAL PRICE: * $46,325

My bill of sale breaks down
53xxx for the vehicle
-2500 incentives
-440 title an licence fee
to bring it to 51,000 exactly

So the Dealer made somewhere in the neighbord hood of 5000 dollars in mark up over sticker. If you consider just invoice its a 6500 dollar markup. They had the Jeep sticker priced for 57000 dollars on the lot. This is really hard to believe but this is Guam. I have included some attachment for your fancy. When you look at the sticker they add some 10000 dollars worth of royalty fees written to appear to be a good deal or a special incentive.

The thing to understand you have to accept that you will buy a vehicle on the Island so there is a premium, since there is no competition. The other thing is that its a highly coveted vehicle in the population and they know this. On top of that, and get this, I HAVE THE ONLY PUNKN ORANGE JEEP GLADIATOR ON THE ISLAND. :)
Taking all this into account be ready if you ever buy a vehicle on an island or in the military on a remote location.

AFTER THE SALE
I was given the rundown on the warranty and I did get a legitamate lifetime powertrain warranty. After the 60000 mile powertrain warranty is up the dealer uses a universal warranty company with all dealers for service. Even when I go back stateside there will be a lifetime powertrain. Its pretty good and a very expensive add on in a place that has salt corrosion on a daily basis. I will have my Jeep in my garage and clean it regularly but its an Island and its hard on vehicles.

Aftermarket parts on Guam.
There are several tire and parts places. They all charge a big increase to cover the shipping of parts over the 6000 miles of the Pacific.
I was able to get the following for my Jeep.
35 12.50 17 Goodyear MTRs 1280 installed
Wheel Spacers Anodized PSC 400 installed
Rock Rail Steps 700 installed
Mopar Lift/ Fox Shocks 1700 (I wanted to install it)

So in review.
I was quoted from Military Auto Source (garbage) 50000 for a Gladiator with 5 inch radio group, no interior options, bed liner and tonneau cover. The local FCA dealer gave me about 12 options and lifetime PTW for 51000 out the door. Both covered TTL. In this situation and not wanting to wait, the Gladiator is the best item on a small tropical island (trails here are amazing by the way) this was my course of action.

Good luck on your purchase. DONT COMPLAIN about the prices you paid and love the Jeep YOU built or optioned off the lot. I am crusing the Island with the only PUNKN Jeep Gladiator and its turning heads. Not that I care but it makes this so much more fun!

SEE ATTACHMENT
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great review, and excellent fact on military auto sales.. my Comanche I bought though it. the crap Zebart undercoating flat out sucks plus holds water, salt and whatever else on the metal.... A big reason why the floor has rusted out in it. Good to hear Guam has a Jeeping community. Are you a retired military there? If so I missed reading it.

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
I am active military but am near retirement at the end of this tour. I have really loved it here and its growing on me. A little expensive but so many great things about the tropics and island life.

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your service from a retired Marine. Guam is a beautiful island, I really enjoyed everytime I have been there. Congrats on the Gladiator!

Sponsored

alara1972

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Military
I'm also on Guam, active duty military, and decided on a firecracker red Gladiator Sport. I purchased through MAS on Navy Base Guam and didn't have too bad of an interaction with the sales person. I got the max tow package and final price after incentives/discounts was $48,996.96. Now the hardest part is waiting for it to show up! It's beeing shipped from the East Coast, New Hampshire, I believe and is expected to be on Guam mid-May... I can't wait!

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
You bought after the covid frenzy. I bought before. Very different atmosphere. Wish I had waited but who knew it was going to go like this. See you around the island.

alara1972

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Military
You bought after the covid frenzy. I bought before. Very different atmosphere. Wish I had waited but who knew it was going to go like this. See you around the island.
I hear you. Love the way your Gladiator is coming along! Beautiful!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear it's working out, not the best but. FYI on anyone else looking for buying using military car sales system. Watch delivery date (s) pricing and any stupid add ons. Let alone mark ups. I talk of experience ☹ young dumb soldier experience and then as a a NCO having soldier's do the same. Thank God for the internet now for real time prices and the like. My MJ was to be waiting for me to pick up after I got home from Germany in St Louis..... 4 months later it got built I had already made 3 payments before it was built, 4 before delivery.
Sponsored