First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Out of curiosity... what happened to your other 6 gallons of fuel? You have a full tank, and at that average mpg you should be getting well into the 650 miles range. 35.2 average and 452 mile range means you've only got a 12.8 gallon gas tank... that's interesting. I'd be willing to bet that's what happens when you're getting 23.7 mpg and you suddenly reset your average mpg while cruising on the highway... If I were averaging 35 mpg and only got 450 miles per tank I'd be at the dealership in a hurry
No matter how much fuel I stuff in the tank is never reads anything higher than that. I was leaving Flagstaff to Albuquerque reset at a full tank not somewhere along the drive. Thanks for not calling me a liar directly. The elevation of Flagstaff is 6909 ft. Albuquerque is 5312 ft. About a 4.6 mile per ft drop over 347 miles which is where I filled up at in Albuquerque at half a tank. Yes it's downhill. But not a lot over the 347 miles. Technically using less fuel going slightly downhill. I've done the same in an analog Honda Civic. But better MPG.
I average back and forth to work 25.5 just in an 18 mile back and forth. Before I put the 33 Rubicon tires on I was getting 26.8 and I hit 30 going to Oregon. So again diesels rule gassers drool.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
No matter how much fuel I stuff in the tank is never reads anything higher than that. I was leaving Flagstaff to Albuquerque reset at a full tank not somewhere along the drive. Thanks for not calling me a liar directly. The elevation of Flagstaff is 6909 ft. Albuquerque is 5312 ft. About a 4.6 mile per ft drop over 347 miles which is where I filled up at in Albuquerque at half a tank. Yes it's downhill. But not a lot over the 347 miles. Technically using less fuel going slightly downhill. I've done the same in an analog Honda Civic. But better MPG.
I average back and forth to work 25.5 just in an 18 mile back and forth. Before I put the 33 Rubicon tires on I was getting 26.8 and I hit 30 going to Oregon. So again diesels rule gassers drool.
Oh trust me, you don't have to tell me twice. I'm a coal burner as well. Just thought it was rather interesting that the distance to empty was so low considering the average was so high. My average is much lower than that, yet my distance to empty is much higher than that. I bought mine in Las Vegas and drove it home to SoCal, getting 29.5 mpg. For the first 150 miles I was sitting right on 30.0. To and from work for me is a shade over 35 miles one way so I get to stretch her legs a little more than you do, and my average is 26.6-27.2. When I fill up, my distance to empty is over 500 miles.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Oh trust me, you don't have to tell me twice. I'm a coal burner as well. Just thought it was rather interesting that the distance to empty was so low considering the average was so high. My average is much lower than that, yet my distance to empty is much higher than that. I bought mine in Las Vegas and drove it home to SoCal, getting 29.5 mpg. For the first 150 miles I was sitting right on 30.0. To and from work for me is a shade over 35 miles one way so I get to stretch her legs a little more than you do, and my average is 26.6-27.2. When I fill up, my distance to empty is over 500 miles.
Maybe I'll have to have the stealership look into that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28696

Kiss that mpg goodbye after your lift lol

we are walking a fine line with mpg on our Jeeps. The Jeep engineers actually did a remarkable job with wind resistance. Especially, considering what they were working with. If you need convincing, measure your mpg with the top off or roof panels out if you have a hard top. The 21-22 mpg I referenced at 80 drops to 15-16 mpg. HUGE difference.
I get between 13-14 mpg on mine it's a 2021 JTR but consider I'm at 5280 feet and it's not all super flat terrain. My poor MPG is mostly due to weight, heavy tires, heavy RSI Smartcap. Even new with Stock Tires no accessories adding weight I've never got better than 15.8 mpg.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I get between 13-14 mpg on mine it's a 2021 JTR but consider I'm at 5280 feet and it's not all super flat terrain. My poor MPG is mostly due to weight, heavy tires, heavy RSI Smartcap. Even new with Stock Tires no accessories adding weight I've never got better than 15.8 mpg.
I lived in CO for four years. Funny thing is I got noticeably better Mpg there in the same vehicles I had when I lived in GA. My JKU Rubicon and my wife’s Nissan. Indefinitely noticed a drop in power though.

Btw, full disclosure. I don’t always get good mpg. This is after trailer towing from NC to GA, a lot of city driving and my heavy foot, and having 1k lbs in the back of my truck for weeks.
Jeep Gladiator Happy with the miles per gallon 1EC158DB-1752-4021-8F75-49605F7E11D2

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 52392

I would imagine that the higher cost of diesel vs gas in the mpg aspect would equal out. More or less. Repairs and maintenance? 125k warranty disappearing deductible 7 year. Plus I paid 8% under invoice on my Gladiator so the diesel engine realistically only cost me an additional 1500$ not to worried about it. Yes it does give.me pleasure to drive a not so slug gasser.
We go to our knees Master! How dare a lowlife unimportant gas slug should ever question your know all intelligence.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
We go to our knees Master! How dare a lowlife unimportant gas slug should ever question your know all intelligence.
Awww. We are all important. I've just driven both of them. IMO there is no substitute for the diesel.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52392

Awww. We are all important. I've just driven both of them. IMO there is no substitute for the diesel.
Know what your saying. We also have Ford F-250 PS with the 6.7 and love it. But with the price of diesel it's been pretty much parked.
Sponsored