Sponsored

Harbor Freight Offroad Jack

Mud Pie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
629
Reaction score
1,782
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 1953 CJ-3A
Occupation
Retired. Finally !!
Yes those are definitely emergency uses that seem to suit its purpose.
But they are extremely dangerous too .
They should never be used by a novice.
I would fall under the novice category; I've never used one. That "hook" for lifting reminds me of the old bumper jacks that had a small hook that slid into a slot cut in the heavy chrome bumper....remember those ? Yeah, showing my age...

I could easily see how the Hi-Lift can be used as a come along, how could you raise a vehicle with that hook ? I can't see where it could be placed.
Sponsored

 

WILDHOBO

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Sep 24, 2021
Threads
78
Messages
12,739
Reaction score
19,531
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
1
I would fall under the novice category; I've never used one. That "hook" for lifting reminds me of the old bumper jacks that had a small hook that slid into a slot cut in the heavy chrome bumper....remember those ? Yeah, showing my age...

I could easily see how the Hi-Lift can be used as a come along, how could you raise a vehicle with that hook ? I can't see where it could be placed.
I remember those for sure. First jack I ever used. 1980 Pontiac Le Mans.
 

ChrisNLA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
3,133
Reaction score
5,886
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I would fall under the novice category; I've never used one. That "hook" for lifting reminds me of the old bumper jacks that had a small hook that slid into a slot cut in the heavy chrome bumper....remember those ? Yeah, showing my age...

I could easily see how the Hi-Lift can be used as a come along, how could you raise a vehicle with that hook ? I can't see where it could be placed.
You can pick up at rock rails with the hi-lift, and on steel front and rear bumpers. And using straps through the wheels.

But a lot of people put them on Jeeps with cheap side steps and plastic bumpers for decoration, lol.
Sponsored

 
 







Top