Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about picking up a pair of these because they are easily available and I don't have to wait on shipping. Who's got experience with them. My bumper will arrive tomorrow and I'm thinking about adding a set of the cubes to it. I could get a set of similar lights for around the price of one of these cubes from a supplier I have worked with before in China but I like the availability of the harbor freight ones.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-LED-Spot-Light-64323.html
Sponsored

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have these but a friend with a F250 put a set on and they seem pretty bright for what he paid. And HF will replace if defective, but for that price it seems like a fair gamble.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have these but a friend with a F250 put a set on and they seem pretty bright for what he paid. And HF will replace if defective, but for that price it seems like a fair gamble.
$20 a piece with the coupon I found online. I'd be in it for around $65 with wiring harness they sell. I'm probably going to give them a shot. Just a little something to give me a little more light. I'm not a fan of the light bars on the bumper

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Only 1,000 lumen per light, nah. I've always been interested in them as well until I started comparing various lights on the market. Honestly, the Quadratec cubes have a massive lumen output compared to other more expensive name brands.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Only 1,000 lumen per light, nah. I've always been interested in them as well until I started comparing various lights on the market. Honestly, the Quadratec cubes have a massive lumen output compared to other more expensive name brands.
Yeah I'm not getting them now. A company I used to deal with a few years back is sending me a set of 4.5" cannons to test out and review on my Jeep. I ran two set of their 6.7" cannons on my JKU and absolutely loved them.
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes IMG-20200528-WA0000
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes IMG_20160915_173347

Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
I've got them on the front of my JT, they are decent, but not much brighter than the stock high beams. I do get to aim them where I want them, so they spot out under my high beams. Easy to install, super affordable. In really dark areas they do give a good amount of extra light. I wish they would make some scene lights.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the heads up on that. Quadratec cubes have twice the lumen for the floods and only a bit more money.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My 4.5" cannons have shipped just waiting on them to arrive. They are 3000 lumens a piece. If they are anything like the 6.7 cannons I ran on my JKU I'm going to be pleased.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the heads up on that. Quadratec cubes have twice the lumen for the floods and only a bit more money.
My Quadratec spots just arrived the other day. I am going to compare them to a pair of knock off Baja Designs. I am going to mount one each to the bumper and take a number of pics from the ground and my drone. The Quadratec lights are an 8 degree spot versus the knock offs at 20 degree "spot". The comparison will be interesting.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got my lights in from Loyo and I absolutely love them. Haven't installed them yet but pre ran the switch through the firewall so now all I got to do is run the wires and plug everything up. Want have time today but I did stick them on to see what they look like.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes IMG_20200617_181927
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes IMG_20200617_181932
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes IMG_20200617_181938
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes IMG_20200617_184855
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes 15924345565974559419171023638650
Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes 15924345877503940406012217870786

Sponsored

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Ok, Iā€™m interested in the cannons! Where do you get them and how much $$?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, Iā€™m interested in the cannons! Where do you get them and how much $$?
Loyo sent them to me. I'm not sure what the price is, they sent them to me for free to try out. If I had to guess probably not more than $120 or so for everything shipped, I'd have to find out

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Loyo sent them to me. I'm not sure what the price is, they sent them to me for free to try out. If I had to guess probably not more than $120 or so for everything shipped, I'd have to find out
Iā€™ve been a Hella fan for 25 years but Iā€™m looking to get away from halogen. Tell your supplier that Iā€™m interested in trying them for a year and Iā€™ll give an honest review on initial build quality, installation and periodic updates. After one year Iā€™ll give my honest assessment. After that year and my assessment, they are welcome to have them back. Fair is fair. Iā€™m always interested in new technology and products but you can never really believe if the opinions are real.

Cheers!
Justin

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been a Hella fan for 25 years but Iā€™m looking to get away from halogen. Tell your supplier that Iā€™m interested in trying them for a year and Iā€™ll give an honest review on initial build quality, installation and periodic updates. After one year Iā€™ll give my honest assessment. After that year and my assessment, they are welcome to have them back. Fair is fair. Iā€™m always interested in new technology and products but you can never really believe if the opinions are real.

Cheers!
Justin

I'll see what they say. This really isn't new technology, I ran the 6.7 inch cannons on my JKU, 2 sets of them and they were awesome. They have been making these for about 2yrs and I reached out to them about what they were offering and my contact offered to send me a set of the smaller cannons for my JT. Not going to turn down a freebie but if they perform like the 6.7 ones I'll be happy. Those things were freaking bright and had some serious distance.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor freight Roadshock cubes 1

Here's a video I did on the 6.7", I plan on doing one on the 4.5" once I get them installed

Sponsored