First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Leo
I Installed the tazer mini today and turned off the engine stop system, I Didn’t move any other setting. As soon as I left my house the engine idle was ruff for a bit then stopped. Then while waiting at a drive thru it started to idle hard again and the went away. I wonder if the killing the engine stop system is causing it? Anyone else having this issue after installing the tazer mini.
Sponsored

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
Has the problem gotten worse or did it fade away, my engine just hit 6k
It is really intermittent. When it happens, it’s always after I have been parked over night or at work during the day. As soon as the engine warms up and I restart the engine it goes away. Almost like the computer doesn’t know when to fire until I turn it off and turn it back on.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It is really intermittent. When it happens, it’s always after I have been parked over night or at work during the day. As soon as the engine warms up and I restart the engine it goes away. Almost like the computer doesn’t know when to fire until I turn it off and turn it back on.
Make sure you clear any DTCs. Had that issue briefly after installing my Tazer and found one DTC was thrown because of accessing the bus... so far gone but will let you know.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Have had a Tazer JL since the 2nd week of June, 5400 miles since, no issues.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
The rough idle is a pretty common issue having nothing to do with the tazer. Just a coincidence that you noticed after the install

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
I Installed the tazer mini today and turned off the engine stop system, I Didn’t move any other setting. As soon as I left my house the engine idle was ruff for a bit then stopped. Then while waiting at a drive thru it started to idle hard again and the went away. I wonder if the killing the engine stop system is causing it? Anyone else having this issue after installing the tazer mini.
thought I was going nuts, yes

have owned three glads, first was girlie gasser launch and then two mens diesels.

sold first one at 4,600 miles went in to regen at 24-2500 for first and last time.

current diesel has been on the lift for a couple month and did tazer update before it hit the road again. But I do remeber starting it so battery stayed fresh and 100% it is high idle constantly

i thought I turned on winch rev option by mistake. Nope- its what you are saying except mine is at 1000-1100 rpms constantly.

had to shut motor off at drive thru woman couldnt hear me

and of course blue screen of death is back

392 tazer never a problem, glad constant issues

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I have not checked myself, but after clearing codes with the Tazer, does it affect OBD2 readiness? Do all the parameters need to be reset?
Sponsored