Sponsored

Has anyone moved the windshield washer nozzles?

RobGold 2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Landscaping/ Construction
I have a Hi Lift jack hood mounted, and was thinking of moving the windshield washer nozzles. Wondering if anyone else has done this and what steps they took. Thinking of mounting them directly to the washer arms.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Since you're in San Antonio it's not a huge concern for you.

But most manufacturers moved the washer nozzles to hood locations from the wiper arms to help prevent the lines freezing up. Using all that heat under the hood to keep them flowing.

Now, there is a trough, wiring channel, whatever you want to call it on top of the firewall.
More than enough room to route a couple of poly lines for washer locations on the arms.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Where I am they sell windshield wash that doesn’t freeze.
They offer that here too. My one vehicle that is old enough to have the washer nozzles on the arm still freeze up with the severe weather washer fluid.
I even have to clean the ice off the nozzles on the JT to get them to spray, again using the severe weather fluid.

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I’m thinking it would be easier to move that hi-lift jack to the bed of the truck…where it belongs (if you even need one). This will be the least helpful response you get, but I’ve been drinking bourbon. You’re welcome.
You sir are a winner on many counts. Bourbon 👍🏻

OP
OP
RobGold 2012

RobGold 2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Landscaping/ Construction
Since you're in San Antonio it's not a huge concern for you.

But most manufacturers moved the washer nozzles to hood locations from the wiper arms to help prevent the lines freezing up. Using all that heat under the hood to keep them flowing.

Now, there is a trough, wiring channel, whatever you want to call it on top of the firewall.
More than enough room to route a couple of poly lines for washer locations on the arms.
What are you talking about??? We get a solid 1/4” of rain every 5 years lol. Thanks for the input though, that’s exactly what I was thinking about doing.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Ditch the hi-lift and get a bottle jack.
^^ THIS ^^

If you want a hi-lift specifically then please disregard my post here. I agree that a bottle jack is the way to go. I have this version and it has a built in jack stand feature as well. Food for thought.

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone moved the windshield washer nozzles? 1636986377891

Sponsored