Sponsored

Has anyone replaced this part of the of rear bumper?

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
This past weekend I found a deep gouge in my rear bumper. Someone must have misjudged their parking skills and my rig paid the price. The good news, this part is sold separately for about $100.

Question: Has anyone replaced this? If so, do I just need to remove the plastic retainer clips and remove this piece or does the whole bumper need to come apart? Curious if I can just leave it on the Jeep as well. I called the service/parts department at my local dealer, and the parts manager didn't quite know the answer. The part is below. Thanks in advance.

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone replaced this part of the of rear bumper? Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 7.14.29 AM
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
In your shoes, I would probably remove the bumper all together. Working upside down, "criss-cross apple sause" was not fun even for the 10 minutes it took to install my backup lights, I couldn't imagine dealing with plastic clips and whatnot.

OP
OP
ScottDB

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If my OEM rear was damaged I would replace it with another style
Great point, but it's totally limited to that part, it's $103 shipped.... and, it's Christmas. $500 bumper or buy presents for others.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Great point, but it's totally limited to that part, it's $103 shipped.... and, it's Christmas. $500 bumper or buy presents for others.
Duh 500$$ bumper! Cause you know only you can get you the Christmas present you want.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
If you’re patient, I found a complete bumper off of an Overland (what I have) in perfect shape for $50. Lots of people sell them super cheap when they upgrade.

OP
OP
ScottDB

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’re patient, I found a complete bumper off of an Overland (what I have) in perfect shape for $50. Lots of people sell them super cheap when they upgrade.
I REALLY appreciate that but I placed the order already. Thanks for the note.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I REALLY appreciate that but I placed the order already. Thanks for the note.
Winner winner chicken dinner. Spin the wheel see what comes up. Hell look at that honey I bought myself a 500$ bumper for Christmas. Us I meant I bought US a bumper for Christmas.
Sponsored