HEADS UP... NO ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL

RMFSJT

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 K1500, 13 Focus ST, 23 JT Rubicon
Ignore the consumer site. It's often wrong. It kept saying snazzberry was available when I ordered, and a month later - stuff you couldn't order was still listed. People keep using that Jeep build your own thing - it's what the dealer sees that counts.
No where else to go for a quick comparison. I understand Jeeps not perfect, Costco has actually been better and spot on as for price and options comparing my dealer quotes on 3 jeeps.
Sponsored

RMFSJT

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 K1500, 13 Focus ST, 23 JT Rubicon
Lol ya took me a sec.... I'm ok without that, had in my 22 but from the reviews not worth it.... but at least there is no charge, jeep is charging same for advanced group without the adaptive cruise part..

Right I was fine with it and completely agree with you. so the safety group dropped $100 and is now $1045 but the advanced safety group that should include the adaptive cruise is still $945. I did think it was interesting that they drop the price on anything.

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
Could be because of the chip crisis? Anyway, I love the ACC on my Rubicon. I actually use it in those big rolling parking lots like the 405 in So. Cal. My wife hates it because she is a control freak. She gives me crap when I use it because I end up behind someone doing the speed limit. That would have been a deal breaker for this Rubicon. I was going from a 21 Tacoma TRD Pro. If that Rubicon didn't have it, I would still be driving the Taco. Just happy I have it. Also happy I have the LED package.......

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Could be because of the chip crisis? Anyway, I love the ACC on my Rubicon. I actually use it in those big rolling parking lots like the 405 in So. Cal. My wife hates it because she is a control freak. She gives me crap when I use it because I end up behind someone doing the speed limit. That would have been a deal breaker for this Rubicon. I was going from a 21 Tacoma TRD Pro. If that Rubicon didn't have it, I would still be driving the Taco. Just happy I have it. Also happy I have the LED package.......
Ya the 405 is a zoo, need a lift kit for the potholes (calif takes in 50 million a day in gas taxes)
I LOVE the LED lights, but I could add those if they weren't a avaiable.... adaptive cruise you cant.... I always used it on my 22, saved a few times when the prius pricks dart in front of you lane changing

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Adaptive cruise control is F-ing awesome, and I literally use it every day. I had it on my last car, and it was a MUST when I was shopping for this Gladiator.
Whenever I get in a vehicle that doesn't have it and I'm using cruise, it takes a moment before before my brain goes, "gee, shouldn't it have backed off by now?" before I realize what's going on.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I haven't used normal cruise since I got the ACC. It's great around where with all the semi traffic and weird drivers. Love it.

Ignore the consumer site. It's often wrong. It kept saying snazzberry was available when I ordered, and a month later - stuff you couldn't order was still listed. People keep using that Jeep build your own thing - it's what the dealer sees that counts.

I wanted, insisted, on ACC and the other stuff and I'd not have traded if anything had not been available.
I even got the auto high beams working on my 2020 even though it wasn't available until a month later for the 2020 model year.
I love ACC. Have not used regular CC since getting my JT. Makes driving at rush so much nicer!!!

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I love ACC as well. For longer trips, it really reduces fatigue.
It's especially nice when towing, and you can still manually shift to keep the RPMS between 2-3000 rpms for optimizing gas mileage.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
This ADS capable may be part of the issue - however, much of the hardware is the same for auto high beam, ACC. FCW and so on.

1660524329522.png
But Automated Driving Systems, even at its most basic level, includes Adaptive Cruise Control.

Kevin

TreyK42

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave Sting Gray
Occupation
Software Nerd
I wouldn’t have bought a Gladiator if ACC wasn’t an option. I absolutely love it and will never own a vehicle (unless it’s a classic) without it again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Teqsand

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I wouldn’t have bought a Gladiator if ACC wasn’t an option. I absolutely love it and will never own a vehicle (unless it’s a classic) without it again.
That's why I stopped my order...

It's one of those things you can't appreciate if you haven't had it.... like a dead pedal

ajkaz

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD
I agree 100% if adaptive cruise wasn’t an option I was going to hold out for the Ranger Raptor. It works phenomenal in Southern Ca!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
But Automated Driving Systems, even at its most basic level, includes Adaptive Cruise Control.

Kevin
Yes, exactly, it's level 1.
To reach the agreement with the government (it's not a law or rule, it's a self-imposed agreement to have FCW and active braking by September 1st, 2022) they may be running into trouble getting the parts to make it happen on all vehicles.
ACC wasn't part of the agreement. FCW with active braking was. So to make that happen, ACC may be coming up short.
The interesting thing to me is that my registration says ADS capable, and it's not even at level 1!
It is technically NOT ADS capable. It doesn't have lane centering like our Grand Cherokee has, parking assist is only the rear bumper sensors, not front, like our other Jeep has.
So in that respect, it doesn't qualify for ADS capable, but it does have FCW and active braking capability, so they did meet that criteria of the agreement.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
When I ordered ours, ACC wasn't showing up on the dealer's system either - nor my order sheet or the build sheet. But not a biggie for me. I very rarely ever use cruise control of any kind (all my other vehicles have ACC, which I've never used.) But lo and behold, it's written right there on the window sticker...
Jeep Gladiator HEADS UP... NO ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL ACC Window

I too got every option except smokers' group, dual-top, and half-doors.
GG and spray-in bed liner of all things wasn't available for order. Not a biggie... I'd rather have the platinum line-X anyway.
Sponsored