Healthy coping mechanisms?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Outside of watching every new YT video, watching the forum like a hawk, bothering Jeep Chat every day, saving the build sheet and window sticker URLs with your VIN as a favorite and checking a few times a day…. What other healthy coping mechanisms have you developed for waiting on your JT?

Seriously though, I need ideas to pass the next “10 to 12 weeks”.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Go volunteer in an animal shelter.......... if those wonderful dogs and cats can't take your mind off it, nothing can. Plus you'd be doing a great thing.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Outside of watching every new YT video, watching the forum like a hawk, bothering Jeep Chat every day, saving the build sheet and window sticker URLs with your VIN as a favorite and checking a few times a day…. What other healthy coping mechanisms have you developed for waiting on your JT?

Seriously though, I need ideas to pass the next “10 to 12 weeks”.
Limit all of these things. It won't make the build any faster and makes the wait worse.

Take up a book series. Jack Carr has the James Reece series. That will help you pass the time in a much more enjoyable way. And it will save your wallet the strain of buying accessories before the truck arrives...

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Go volunteer in an animal shelter.......... if those wonderful dogs and cats can't take your mind off it, nothing can. Plus you'd be doing a great thing.
Indeed, I don’t quite do service for a shelter, but do participate in quite a bit for the community.

Limit all of these things. It won't make the build any faster and makes the wait worse.

Take up a book series. Jack Carr has the James Reece series. That will help you pass the time in a much more enjoyable way. And it will save your wallet the strain of buying accessories before the truck arrives...
Lol I already have a phone mount and mats!

My hobby was wheeling, hiking and exploring, but now my SO and I are down to one vehicle (not the off-road kind) now that my rig sold over the weekend. I’m losing my mind and its only been 3 days.

I think I’m going to get some puzzles or lego sets.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed, I don’t quite do service for a shelter, but do participate in quite a bit for the community.

Lol I already have a phone mount and mats!

My hobby was wheeling, hiking and exploring, but now my SO ano I down to one vehicle (not the off-road kind) now that my rig sold over the weekend. I’m losing my mind and its only been 3 days.

I think I’m going to get some puzzles or lego sets.
Great, Jeeps are like Legos, not sure that will help LOL

Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
I mentioned this in the Mojave FB group, the coping mechanism during the wait is expensive... parts, parts and more parts.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Take a trip that has nothing to do with Jeep-type activities. Visit NYC. Go to Mexico. Fly to an island. Some of this is slowed by Covid, but much is not.

When you get the new Jeep you probably will want to do things that are in driving range so do something else of interest in the meantime.

If you go do outdoorsy stuff you may just be out there wishing your Jeep was delivered.

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]

Books are a great idea. I can highly recommend the Longmire series
by Craig Johnson. The tv series was great; the books are better IMHO.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
That looks awesome. We never had the money for legos growing up, so hopefully I can get a son so I can buy myself all the toys I would have wanted :D
nothing like stepping on a pile of legos in the middle of the night. I'd rather drink fire!! HAHAHAHA. Lego's are expensive AF!! You'll never be able to add another MOD if you start buying LEGOS, LOL. Our next box is going to be the Millennium Falcon!! Just need to pull the trigger on the $150 one. Or maybe a bed liner. I am not sure yet.