JeremyJames

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma
Hello all!

Excited to purchase the new Gladiator but have been reading for hours on the forums and have gotten totally lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My Tacoma lease is up in August and I would like to order one through the dealer. I live in Pennsylvania around the Poconos. This will be my first Jeep so any help is really appreciated. Here are my questions.

1. People keep mentioning 1-7% off under the invoice, How on earth do I find a dealer willing to do that? Just call a bunch of places? Again live in PA but willing to go about 150 miles for a good deal

2. When should I place my order so its around the time I turn in my lease? Do I need to finance right away?

3. I'm looking at the Sport model with the max tow package, cold weather package, automatic, and the spray in liner. I do not off road but am a hobby beekeeper(about 15 hives) and many of my apiaries are off the beaten path so I'm going thought mostly fields, and sometimes through partial woods. I will be using a trailer from time to time as well. What else do you guys recommend? I don't mind adding stuff later and want to keep the price as low as possible.

I really appreciate everyone's time my family is very excited!

Jeremy
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Hello all!

Excited to purchase the new Gladiator but have been reading for hours on the forums and have gotten totally lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My Tacoma lease is up in August and I would like to order one through the dealer. I live in Pennsylvania around the Poconos. This will be my first Jeep so any help is really appreciated. Here are my questions.

1. People keep mentioning 1-7% off under the invoice, How on earth do I find a dealer willing to do that? Just call a bunch of places? Again live in PA but willing to go about 150 miles for a good deal

2. When should I place my order so its around the time I turn in my lease? Do I need to finance right away?

3. I'm looking at the Sport model with the max tow package, cold weather package, automatic, and the spray in liner. I do not off road but am a hobby beekeeper(about 15 hives) and many of my apiaries are off the beaten path so I'm going thought mostly fields, and sometimes through partial woods. I will be using a trailer from time to time as well. What else do you guys recommend? I don't mind adding stuff later and want to keep the price as low as possible.

Jeremy
YO JEREMY!
So, search around here for all kinds on info. Right now, this dysfunctional group knows more than 99% of the dealers.
You have time to place an order as you can't yet. The only orders placed were for the Launch Edition (LE) that folks had to jump thru hoops, promise their next born, and sell their soul to order.

Question 1: As of right now, we know of only 3 dealers in the country that will give that good of a deal:
Spencer in Iowa @spenchey
Travis in NC @Travis@TriCityJeep
Kent in ID [email protected]
They are doing Invoice -5%, take another 1% if you join Tread Lightly and get an affiliate number (costs $100, but you get a shirt and decal:angel:) and Travis takes another point if you use his Financing.

Question 2: We just don't know yet as they are still figuring things out. I Just got my VIN number this morning, and don't know production/delivery projections yet. I'm sure you would need to give any dealer a deposit to order, but financing would happen when you take delivery.

Question 3: Ya, I'm not going there it's a decision you need to make. Do some homework here, watch all the YouTube videos and get an idea of the different models first.

GOOD LUCK!!!
:like:

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Hello all!

Jeremy

Welcome. Iā€™m from PA too. Lehigh Valley. Not much around here for good deals. Iā€™ve called them all pretty much. Most dealers say MSRP or above. But using the JL forum map I found Courtesy Chrysler Jeep in Coatsville, PA. Give them a call, 610-384-7800, and ask for Kate Morris. Tell her you found her information on the JL forum.

She did a lot of the JL orders and was under invoice. Iā€™ve been talking with her for a few months and she said will do below invoice on the Gladiators as well. She has my build sheet waiting to order but Iā€™m waiting for a sport s with max tow in sting gray so it could be a while. Let me know if you have any questions.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

1. Remember the under invoice pricing you see mentioned is the exception, not the norm. There are only a handful of dealerships saying they will offer this across the country. Remember, order banks are not even open yet. Over time more dealerships will offer deals as they did with the JL, however it still only equates to a small percentage of dealerships.

2. Impossible to tell. This will be the launch of production. FCA does not build in the order that they receive orders. With the launch of the JL, some people waited 2 months for an order while others waited close to a year for their vehicle to arrive. During this time, FCA really gives you no information or updates. The only info you can obtain is if it has changed status. Even once a vehicle has been in production for a while, arrival times vary greatly. With the 2019 JL, some have recieved their jeep in 2 weeks, mine took four months.

3. The Sport with max tow sounds like a good choice for what you do. Remember a basic Sport will come with manual door locks and windows. If the bees come flying you can only roll up one window at a time lol.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Hello all!

Jeremy
Welcome Jeremy! Seems all the info you have above is good but they all forgot the main reason to get the Gladiator!

PLYWOOD!!!!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
YO JEREMY!
So, search around here for all kinds on info. Right now, this dysfunctional group knows more than 99% of the dealers.
You have time to place an order as you can't yet. The only orders placed were for the Launch Edition (LE) that folks had to jump thru hoops, promise their next born, and sell their soul to order.

Question 1: As of right now, we know of only 3 dealers in the country that will give that good of a deal:
Spencer in Iowa @spenchey
Travis in NC @Travis@TriCityJeep
Kent in ID [email protected]
They are doing Invoice -5%, take another 1% if you join Tread Lightly and get an affiliate number (costs $100, but you get a shirt and decal:angel:) and Travis takes another point if you use his Financing.

Question 2: We just don't know yet as they are still figuring things out. I Just got my VIN number this morning, and don't know production/delivery projections yet. I'm sure you would need to give any dealer a deposit to order, but financing would happen when you take delivery.

Question 3: Ya, I'm not going there it's a decision you need to make. Do some homework here, watch all the YouTube videos and get an idea of the different models first.

GOOD LUCK!!!
:like:
You forgot to mention plywood. Lol nice post

Reactions: JP1
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen suv
1. Remember the under invoice pricing you see mentioned is the exception, not the norm. There are only a handful of dealerships saying they will offer this across the country. Remember, order banks are not even open yet. Over time more dealerships will offer deals as they did with the JL, however it still only equates to a small percentage of dealerships.

2. Impossible to tell. This will be the launch of production. FCA does not build in the order that they receive orders. With the launch of the JL, some people waited 2 months for an order while others waited close to a year for their vehicle to arrive. During this time, FCA really gives you no information or updates. The only info you can obtain is if it has changed status. Even once a vehicle has been in production for a while, arrival times vary greatly. With the 2019 JL, some have recieved their jeep in 2 weeks, mine took four months.

3. The Sport with max tow sounds like a good choice for what you do. Remember a basic Sport will come with manual door locks and windows. If the bees come flying you can only roll up one window at a time lol.
Bah ha ha ha - rolling up one window at a time šŸ˜‚ good advice
Sponsored