Sponsored

Help with death wobble after alignment (2” Mopar lift and leveling kit)

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I’m guessing it’s the level kit that is throwing off the whole suspension geometry since the 2in mopar kit is not designed for a level kit. Again my guess is that in order to fix that problem you’d need to add shock extensions in the front or buy longer shocks to correct the issue.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Id you dont “cycle” the fox stabilizer it will give you issues.
I can also say from person experience that even though my JT was dealer alligned…when i checked my toe was equal front and rear…once I (learned how to) reset it, it felt WAY smoother and tracked straight. so much so that im having new wheels installed in a week and want to paint mark my tie rod so i know they dont F with it.

adding the front geometry brackets for more caster was also phenomenal

OP
OP
DrJ

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
I ended up taking off the adjustable trackbar and stabilizer and haven't had any issues. Plan on putting the trackbar back on eventually.

How does one cycle the stabilizer? I may try that and test it out.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up taking off the adjustable trackbar and stabilizer and haven't had any issues. Plan on putting the trackbar back on eventually.

How does one cycle the stabilizer? I may try that and test it out.
push it in and pull it back out a couple times. Or, install it, then drive in an open area and do several full turns to the left and back to the right and idle speed.

Reactions: DrJ

Sponsored

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
I had a very similar issue with the Mopar lift on my JTRD.

I ended up doing the following

used a teraflex 1/2 spacer
Used metal cloak lower isolators
Synergy track bar
Mopar 2” lift components
AEV stabilizer

with the included isolators springs bowed just like yours, one bowed forwards and the other backwards.

the metal cloak isolators are thicker fyi which is why I only used the half inch spacer.

I could use a degree or two more caster (I’m at 4.1) but it drives fine ( it’s more sensitive to road crown than anything else I have driven) would be my only complaint

Mflowers11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Hi Alt, 2017 Wrangler, Rcky Mtn
Occupation
Finance
Today I had it aligned at Firestone (got the lifetime unlimited package). They said numbers weren’t too far out, and the tech apparently owns lots of Jeeps. Within 10 miles at highway speed and around a long corner with a bump I experienced the death wobble. It happened a couple more times at lower speeds as I limped it back to Firestone where they told me my front driver spring was installed incorrectly.

Just seems weird that it drove fine and as soon as I got the alignment this issue popped up?
I had literally the same exact thing. 20k miles, zero issues. The following day and maybe 20 miles after the alignment hit a bump and “holy sh..balls wobble” I’ve had a RC 2.5 level kit on mine the entire time. Pulled a little right and figured I’d get it adjusted. Only the toe adjusted. Attached my before and after too. Changed stabilizer to Fox through shaft, still happening. Makes me wonder if it could have simply been that??

0BFFCB61-1D4C-4166-9953-976617EE2897.jpeg
Sponsored