Sponsored

Hi, I'm Dirty Dick Saylor from Tampa, FL

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Just picked up a firecracker red Gladiator Overland. This week is 2.5 in lift kit and 35 in tires/ fuel hostage rims installed, DV8 front/rear bumpers and much more done. Will post pics. Great forum, lots of excellent resources and information!

Jeep On!

Richard Saylor
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just picked up a firecracker red Gladiator Overland. This week is 2.5 in lift kit and 35 in tires/ fuel hostage rims installed, DV8 front/rear bumpers and much more done. Will post pics. Great forum, lots of excellent resources and information!

Jeep On!

Richard Saylor
Glad to hear another Overland chooser. Seems like 90% of posters have a Rubicon.

OP
OP
DirtySaylor

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear another Overland chooser. Seems like 90% of posters have a Rubicon.
I'm not really in to hardcore off roading stuff. Just like being able to hit pot holes at 70 and not worry about it, hop curbs if need be, and haul all my stuff. Had two jeeps before this. Jeep really nailed it with the Gladiator! Just a personal preference- but I didn't feel the need to pay $20k more when I have no plans of off roading, let alone making it a regular thing.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm not really in to hardcore off roading stuff. Just like being able to hit pot holes at 70 and not worry about it, hop curbs if need be, and haul all my stuff. Had two jeeps before this. Jeep really nailed it with the Gladiator! Just a personal preference- but I didn't feel the need to pay $20k more when I have no plans of off roading, let alone making it a regular thing.
With me the Overland will be a daily driver, hauler (when I get it!). Ocassional off-road use for the first three years, then (after I retire, hopefully!) I will get more opportunities for offroading, but not hardcore stuff. Can't see myself scraping the sides of it on trees and rocks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DirtySaylor

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
btw, one major complaint I have about the Overland, Is mine has the 7 in touch screen but does NOT have GPS! so now I have to put my phone on this stupid mount and use waze. Tell the dealer to upgrade you to GPS or no dice! Makes life a lot easier.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
btw, one major complaint I have about the Overland, Is mine has the 7 in touch screen but does NOT have GPS! so now I have to put my phone on this stupid mount and use waze. Tell the dealer to upgrade you to GPS or no dice! Makes life a lot easier.
I deliberately did NOT get the 8.4 with mine. First, because I did not want to pay $1800 for it; second, who knows what navigation will cost per year after the five you get with it (I plan to keep the truck a lonngg time); third I am a paper map guy; finally when my wife is with me she uses navigation on her smart phone (I don't own one).

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
After getting ripped off by MB to the tune of $250/year to “upgrade” the built in navigation maps and poi, never again! Smart phone works better, holds my music, enables hands free calls (my JTR is now my office which I love), keeps all my contacts, maintains my calendar, and reminds me of shit I would otherwise forget. Best assistant I ever had at a fraction of the price. 8.4 for me all the way!

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
People use the factory nav in cars? I don't think I've even touched it in my Jeep, just plug my phone in and use AA/CarPlay.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
People use the factory nav in cars? I don't think I've even touched it in my Jeep, just plug my phone in and use AA/CarPlay.

When I am in the Forest in So. California, there is no cell phone reception at all. So, this means no cell phone Nav., unless you set it up for off line.... The Gladiator Nav. works off GPS only and you can turn on all the fire roads and their names and use the system to Navigate. I found it very useful to figure out where these fire roads end up.

Sponsored

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
When I am in the Forest in So. California, there is no cell phone reception at all. So, this means no cell phone Nav., unless you set it up for off line.... The Gladiator Nav. works off GPS only and you can turn on all the fire roads and their names and use the system to Navigate. I found it very useful to figure out where these fire roads end up.
Agreed! If you're in the hills of West Virginia, there is no cell service at all. If you don't have the maps downloaded locally, you're screwed. Banjos playing background

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I deliberately did NOT get the 8.4 with mine. First, because I did not want to pay $1800 for it; second, who knows what navigation will cost per year after the five you get with it (I plan to keep the truck a lonngg time); third I am a paper map guy; finally when my wife is with me she uses navigation on her smart phone (I don't own one).
I deliberately got the base 5” radio in mine after prior 8.4” radio nightmares and FCA’s inability or care to fix the issues. “Black screen of death“ will drive you insane with the 8.4” radio.
Sponsored