Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
So this is with the “door” completely zipped up. If you enlarge the picture, you can see the zipper in the middle (between the two screens) that you can open to access the inside. Hope this helps.

40E64D83-6DDF-4EFB-BDC1-506742FC8FAA.jpeg
Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It's hard to really see from some of the pictures - the inside is not lit up very well. Looks like there is a platform inside for sleeping? but it does not go full length stopping a couple feet short of the end of the bed?

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's hard to really see from some of the pictures - the inside is not lit up very well. Looks like there is a platform inside for sleeping? but it does not go full length stopping a couple feet short of the end of the bed?
Sorry about the pictures. I am not affiliated with Harker Outdoors and, as such, am not a professional photographer. I do have the solar package which includes two outside lights and 3 inside lights. I just didn’t take any pictures with the lights on! The sleeping platform has struts that allow it to be stowed up out of the way when you’re not using it. When you pull it down, you have a few feet inside the bed of the truck with the tailgate open. The annex goes over the tailgate so you stay fully enclosed. I believe the sleeping bed is queen size. Harker Outdoors can answer this. I’ll try to get some better interior pictures. Hope this helps.

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe this is a better reference. I’m standing in the pickup bed. The sleeping bed is in the stowed position above me. You can see the “struts” on each side that holds the bed up or allows it to be pulled down.

558B40EA-754D-41A0-A588-EC8A2A854087.jpeg

squarefoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR, 22 JL 4xe
Occupation
Self Employed
Can you elaborate on the pricing and ordering process. $7499. $500 deposit to reserve a spot. Refundable? What kind of options are available (if any)
Thanks

Sponsored

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for answering. I am looking at different solutions for having a bed cover and a tent. Decided against the varied rack systems because everything could get wet/dusty/dirty. RSI and RLD have nice toppers but then have to buy a separate RT tent. This rather looks like a decent solution.

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Can you elaborate on the pricing and ordering process. $7499. $500 deposit to reserve a spot. Refundable? What kind of options are available (if any)
Thanks
$500 reserves your build date, and is applied to your total build price. Your deposit is refundable until your build start date.

The remainder of your balance is due on your build start date.

I'm attaching an options sheet below:

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 3.54.06 PM

Thanks!

Cam
Harker Outdoors
[email protected]

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
We'll be posting more pictures and videos in the coming days, but here is a roughly shot video that I think gives a good visual of what you're looking for: Rough Interior Video

The LiftAway Sleep Platform is 90" x 58". It is on struts and lifts out of the way with room for your sleeping gear to remain in place both while lifted to the ceiling and while stowed for driving. No more stuffing sleeping bags between camp sites! Even with the bed down there is ample standing room between the edge of the truck bed and the tailgate annex. With our standing entry we wanted to eliminate a common pain point in this segment, which is, that all other wedge campers require you to crawl into them and enter the sleeping area through a trap door. This makes getting up in the night for bathroom breaks quite difficult and disruptive. EDC solves that problem with the tailgate annex and standing entry.

Thanks!

Cam
Harker Outdoors
[email protected]

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
That’s correct. The camper is a wedge tent design. The tent is part of (and included with) the camper.
Three steps. That’s all it takes to get into the EDC.

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 3.54.06 PM
Ah, pity. I was thinking the pop-up was a separate level from the main unit, more like a camper van that can pop up, the top level you crawl into from inside to sleep in.

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, pity. I was thinking the pop-up was a separate level from the main unit, more like a camper van that can pop up, the top level you crawl into from inside to sleep in.
With the bed down and the door zipped closed you do essentially have this. Our design is pushing against the trap-door style wedge campers that end up giving you very little standing room and require you to crawl to enter, and then climb up through a trap door. They become comically unusable with two people in the sleeping area since you are sleeping on top of your exit. We realize that we are different that the others, it's on purpose. ;-)

Last edited:

Islandsurfer

First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have been searching and researching campers for my JT. With all the videos out in detail of each camper, I chose Harker and will be picking mine up at the end of March. I was waiting for the Project M from FWC but that keeps getting pushed back in date. Luckily they haven’t produced a camper because in my time of waiting I came across the EDC and found the function and space better. Price too is better as well. I have added almost everything besides the kitchen and still was at a lot better in price with added amenities. I will be driving 33hours on my adventure to get it installed. The drive back to Florida will be my shake down as I use it from Utah to Tampa. The communication before the build and during the build has been top notch and made me realize as well as to why I chose this company. I could not recommend them enough when it comes to costumer relations. As for the camper I am sure I will enjoy it and can’t wait to live in it on the weekends and occasionally a month or so traveling.

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
I have been searching and researching campers for my JT. With all the videos out in detail of each camper, I chose Harker and will be picking mine up at the end of March. I was waiting for the Project M from FWC but that keeps getting pushed back in date. Luckily they haven’t produced a camper because in my time of waiting I came across the EDC and found the function and space better. Price too is better as well. I have added almost everything besides the kitchen and still was at a lot better in price with added amenities. I will be driving 33hours on my adventure to get it installed. The drive back to Florida will be my shake down as I use it from Utah to Tampa. The communication before the build and during the build has been top notch and made me realize as well as to why I chose this company. I could not recommend them enough when it comes to costumer relations. As for the camper I am sure I will enjoy it and can’t wait to live in it on the weekends and occasionally a month or so traveling.
Aric,

We can't thank you enough for the endorsement! We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Your EDC is coming together right on schedule!

Cam
Harker Outdoors
[email protected]

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my EDC for a couple of months now. Just got back from the Lake Havasu and Lake Mead areas. I love my EDC!! As a female, one of my biggest complaints about a side entry RTT was when I had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. The EDC solves this problem. No more climbing up and down 7’ ladders! I keep my port-a-potty in the gladiator bed (fully enclosed) and make the short transition from sleeping bed to pick up bed. Easy peasy! No more getting out in the cold or rain. Let me know if you have any questions. And BTW, Cam and Joe have become like brothers. I didn’t know them before I ordered my EDC and I don’t get any “kickbacks”, but I can honestly say they run the greatest company I’ve ever dealt with. I even have their personal cell number. You can’t say that about the other RTT companies.
Deborah,

Thank you for the kind words. We're blushing over here! You've been a pleasure to work with yourself!

Cam
Harker Outdoors
[email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.