Link
Occupation
Free loader

CWGrisw0ld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 2020 Jeep Rubicon JT
I did the AALs. I love how they look and the extra clearance. Install isn't bad except where you have to separate the fender liner from your fenders. You have to pull or pry to break a number of plastic welds and I was clenched the whole time.

JeepDadiator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
I just finished doing this as well, went with QUAKE LED DRLs (local company, and on sale) but then also did AAL fender liners at the same time. There are a few ways to accomplish this from complete fender liner removal to trimming the liner around the light, your choice will depend on your goal. If you want to buy more space for larger tires complete removal is the best way to go - though you end up removing 39 plastic welds (easy) but it's a no going back type of scenario. Here are some pictures of my setup. I plan to do a writeup of this if anyone wants to see the steps, and my challenges/take on it. I will say that removal of the liners results in a less firmly attached flare to body attachment. I remedied this while installing the AAL fender liners considering they came with brackets that attach through the flare using hardware vs. the OE plastic clips.
Pictures of my setup below, and the flare disassembled showing all the pieces. Also note the tabs on the remaining flare - you have to trim those off too for full commitment, in the flare disassembled picture you can see the plastic welds (bosses) in the middle piece. Finally the picture I attached shows the driver side not yet complete for a pre/post mod side by side.

Jeep Gladiator High line fenders??? IMG_20210117_092605

Jeep Gladiator High line fenders??? IMG_20210123_115527

Jeep Gladiator High line fenders??? IMG_20210123_115352

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I did the AALs. I love how they look and the extra clearance. Install isn't bad except where you have to separate the fender liner from your fenders. You have to pull or pry to break a number of plastic welds and I was clenched the whole time.
Would you happen to have any photos?

OP
OP
NEWBWHEELER

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I just finished doing this as well, went with QUAKE LED DRLs (local company, and on sale) but then also did AAL fender liners at the same time. There are a few ways to accomplish this from complete fender liner removal to trimming the liner around the light, your choice will depend on your goal. If you want to buy more space for larger tires complete removal is the best way to go - though you end up removing 39 plastic welds (easy) but it's a no going back type of scenario. Here are some pictures of my setup. I plan to do a writeup of this if anyone wants to see the steps, and my challenges/take on it. I will say that removal of the liners results in a less firmly attached flare to body attachment. I remedied this while installing the AAL fender liners considering they came with brackets that attach through the flare using hardware vs. the OE plastic clips.
Pictures of my setup below, and the flare disassembled showing all the pieces. Also note the tabs on the remaining flare - you have to trim those off too for full commitment, in the flare disassembled picture you can see the plastic welds (bosses) in the middle piece. Finally the picture I attached shows the driver side not yet complete for a pre/post mod side by side.

I think that I'm keen on keeping the factory fender liners for the time being.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I went with a sturdy, metal fender that won't rip off/will survive anything from rocks to trees to other vehicles on the highway. I posted some pictures of my MC fenders a few days ago somewhere.

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I went with a sturdy, metal fender that won't rip off/will survive anything from rocks to trees to other vehicles on the highway. I posted some pictures of my MC fenders a few days ago somewhere.
I see you didn't put the side screw in. I have the painted fenders as well and do not want to put that side screw in. How did you get it to hold down without it? Saw some videos where it is really floppy without that screw and I worry about highway driving.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Quake with road armor fender liners.

BF865676-6E41-449E-9D32-4BFB1E9490E8.jpeg

EDB9945C-5DFE-4EA3-B381-F55F8AD5C049.jpeg

591FD2D1-360B-419A-A595-4E792D5340CF.jpeg

CWGrisw0ld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 2020 Jeep Rubicon JT
The only thing I did was put a nylon spacer underneath the bolts where they mount the lights. This elevated the high line bracket just enough that it is putting a slight upward pressure on the fender and I haven't had any flopping.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Quake chop kit and it has been great. It was an easy install and I removed the inner liner but retained the inner fender lip. I installed the Nixon inner fenders and they weren't bad but the Synergy brace interferes with it - had to do some engineering to make it work.

20210522_093835.jpg

20210522_093827.jpg

20210411_121042.jpg
Sponsored