First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So many threads on this and yet I can’t seem to find an answer. Is there a rack that works with the trifold factory tonneau cover? I need it to be higher than the roof to carry paddle boards. Also wondering about a multi layer rack option that would allow for an rtt to deploy on lower level while still being able to carry paddle boards. I kno w the paddle boards would have to come off below deploying the rtt.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
It does i contacted them and they confirmed. I have the factory trifold tonneau cover. What I don’t understand is they this an 18 hunch height and that seems to be the highest they have. The cab height above the bed is 22) inch So am I missing something ?

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
It does i contacted them and they confirmed. I have the factory trifold tonneau cover. What I don’t understand is they this an 18 hunch height and that seems to be the highest they have. The cab height above the bed is 22) inch So am I missing something ?
hqs any one done this and can verify ?

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Ok we;; now totally confused Truck birgade has a nece looking rack called up top that comes with few extras like maxtrax mounts. But they say tHAT it won't work with the factory tonneua cover i have 3 piece. So I was wondering wether to go with this one nad use max- modular brackets but don't know iththat would work. what are you thoughts go with allmax modualr and just pay for the xtras or combine

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Look at that Max Modular pic again, it is sitting on risers. Only way it's going to get the clearance for the trifold which itself is folding in like 20" parts +/-. Wouldn't be possible on an 18" rack.

5 foot bed is 60" so gotta be 20" sections.

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
going withthe 22 inch alluminum rack

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
well S----- I just talked to max mod and withthe hard tonneau 3 piece cover you can add arack but You can't open the cover !!! so why even bother with one or the other? Any one want to buy a hard 3 piece tonneau cover?

Sponsored

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
WTF we put a man on the moon more than 50 years ago and we can't even build a rack that will work with a tonneau cover and allow you to use both!

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So since I can’t find a bed rack that will allow the actual use of the tonneau cover that means I will have to remove it so it’s coming down to the max modular or jcr racks. Maybe that other rack that you can use a soft topper with ? What do you see as the advantages or disadvantages of each?
My goal is to in the short term be able to carry sup boards and kayaks. Then later shorten the rack add an rtt with a rack on that.

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
So many threads on this and yet I can’t seem to find an answer. Is there a rack that works with the trifold factory tonneau cover? I need it to be higher than the roof to carry paddle boards. Also wondering about a multi layer rack option that would allow for an rtt to deploy on lower level while still being able to carry paddle boards. I kno w the paddle boards would have to come off below deploying the rtt.
I have the same issue with the factory roll cover which I had to sell despite me getting brackets to fit the cover.

The issue is how far the cover fits on the top of the bed. The issue for you is that plus able to get it past the clips.

However...the clips (which are extra) gives another 4” to the 18” rack which puts it just high enough for a SUP or a RTT without you smacking your head.

So If the cover you have is narrow...there is a chance that it will fit if it’s not...then ...like I did...will have to get a different cover.

if you like I can send closer pictures with measurements of how the clips fit on the truck
Jeep Gladiator Higher than roof rack that works with factory tonneau cover DC73A60D-89F6-428E-A3CF-AEE018901274

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Please do some closeups would be great. What rack is that?it looks good!

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Please do some closeups would be great. What rack is that?it looks good!
RCI overland

I can tell you it is solid and fits without drilling and pretty easy to remove.

Of course I did paint the bolts black before installing :)

traveling today will send you detail pics with measurements in the next day or so
Sponsored