First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Inspector
it appears all this R&D was done on your soft top. I hope it works on hard tops as well!! Just thinking out loud!!
Sponsored

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I’d be interested in a rack and tonneau option as well.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Okay, I recently heard from Ben at Dissent-bad news. They are a long way off of getting these in production. Maybe if enough of us committed to them they would push that up. PM me if you would commit to one (see pricing above). Also do you need the roof portion or just the bed rack.

If this goes nowhere, then we are all still in search of the holy grail-a true full height bed rack that works with a tonneau cover. I am willing to work with another fabrication shop if they can do it in aluminum.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Which soft topper did you use? Does it open to the cab? Looks great!!
There was only 1 soft topper at the time... Softopper. Bestop has theirs available now, but thats only recent. The Softopper has a "solid" window by default, but they make a DIY kit to let you modify it for your sliding window.

*FYI Bestop owns Softopper, which allowed them to make their own legally sans patent infringements.

Sponsored

Ghuddy

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jl Sahara
Occupation
Architect
There was only 1 soft topper at the time... Softopper. Bestop has theirs available now, but thats only recent. The Softopper has a "solid" window by default, but they make a DIY kit to let you modify it for your sliding window.

*FYI Bestop owns Softopper, which allowed them to make their own legally sans patent infringements.
Thank you !!

sandman83

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT High Altitude
Occupation
Self empowered
I spoke with a guy at Diamondback and he said they have a Yakima Overhoul HD coming in Oct/Sept that will work with their covers. I imagine it will bolt on to the cover instead of the rail.
I'm looking for a rack that will allow longer items, SUP, to be carried above the roof line.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover TentRack2.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover IMG_0168.JPG

MaxModular Alumax from KBVoodoo Fabrications with tonneau brackets. 22" tall, 46" long.
LOVE IT! Has about 4,000 road miles and 30+ hours on trails with RTT.

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just installed the new @Max Modular 18" Aluminum rack with the steeper sides that they made specifically for the JT. Very happy with the product support I recieved from them. They checked their computer model to see if my cover would have a chance of flipping open and it does! Quality was great and they send a paint pen out for any installation mishaps .

If you have a cover that mounts to the two bolts towards the rear of the inside rail, you'll want to get their their "Mopar Brackets" so you can shift the rack backwards to center it more on the bed. I have the Ultra Flex Tri Fold Cover and it opens with ease for the first two flips and allows the cover to be buckled to the cover's clips. You'll also want some 3M weather stripping to help seal the cover back down on the top bed rails. I used 1/4" and it has worked well. The rack does have a whistle at around 35mph to 45mph. Not too loud but if you don't have music on, you'll notice it. Oh, and don't order the awning mount they have currently unless you want to bend it yourself to get it to sit properly. That bracket is made for their racks with more angle on the sides.

Jeep 1.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

Jeep 3.jpg

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Not usually my thing to knock anybody's mods or anything but those mounting brackets on the Max Modular racks just don't instill the confidence I would want from a rack that I want to be able to load with several hundred pounds then bounce around in the rocks. All C-channel and/or boxed, then a bent piece of flat stock to mount it all...

I'm sure it's more than most people ever need, just... I dunno. Seems like an achilles heel on what is an otherwise sturdy product.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Rebel rack and Access tonneau

Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover PXL_20221210_202412684
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover PXL_20221210_202401946
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover PXL_20221210_215528960
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover PXL_20221210_215532475
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover PXL_20221210_215537925
Jeep Gladiator Bed rack that works with Tonneau cover PXL_20221210_215541344

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Whipping boy
Not usually my thing to knock anybody's mods or anything but those mounting brackets on the Max Modular racks just don't instill the confidence I would want from a rack that I want to be able to load with several hundred pounds then bounce around in the rocks. All C-channel and/or boxed, then a bent piece of flat stock to mount it all...

I'm sure it's more than most people ever need, just... I dunno. Seems like an achilles heel on what is an otherwise sturdy product.
I had my doubts, but rest assured, no problems. Have had several hundred pounds up there for a couple thousand miles with not an issue!

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR

I hear ya. They are rated to 350# dynamic and 700# static. For my needs, i won't have more than 150#-200# at most up there. I don't need it for a tent, just some gear boxes when I take the family camping and some recovery gear when I wheel.

Not crazy about the "look" of the brackets either so I'll likely get some HDPE Block and cut them to size to fill in the gaps. I needed to keep my tonneau for every day use and it allows me to throw a roof bag under the rack on top of the cover with cloths and sleeping bags (light stuff) and still have my bed leftover. Not a fan of roll up covers. I have had issues with the tethering in the past coming off after a few summers. Looked at retractable covers and the "can" took up too much space in the bed.

As for the brackets, they are pretty damn sturdy. They are 1/4" thick steel and the rack is all aluminum. I ran there Voodoo Bars for a few years prior and they never budged. To each their own though. Good luck with your build!
Sponsored