Sponsored

Hitch is bent and rusted on new Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Repaint the hitch and have your dealer take the coast of the new one off your truck. Use that cash to go parts shopping.

Dealership would be eating that cost.

Currently, they can bill FCA for both the part and labor due to transport damage.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Dealership would be eating that cost.

Currently, they can bill FCA for both the part and labor due to transport damage.
So are you implying there is no coast to pass on to the OP? Don't you think the dealer could easily contact FCA and make it happen?

FCA has to bear the coast of parts, shipping, and labor. Toss in a little for a rental one would think.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So are you implying there is no coast to pass on to the OP? Don't you think the dealer could easily contact FCA and make it happen?

FCA has to bear the coast of parts, shipping, and labor. Toss in a little for a rental one would think.
The only thing the dealer is responsible for is to make the vehicle whole and "as built" as it left the factory. That means them billing FCA for parts replacement and labor. I am assuming this happened before the dealership took possession but that is not exactly clear from the OP's post. Since the OP has not taken delivery, it is technically not a warranty repair but there is some internal process for FCA and their dealerships to cover transportation/ pre delivery damage like this.

At the time the OP posted and from what he inferred, he had not taken legal possession of the vehicle so any requirement to being provided a rental vehicle is moot.

The only thing the OP is out of is a delay in delivery. Truth be told, this kind of stuff happens all the time and the dealership could have just given a BS story to put off the delivery a few days with repairs made and the OP being none the wiser.

I do not disagree that something could be thrown in by the dealership if they want to build more customer goodwill, but there is not a requirement they do.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
The only thing the dealer is responsible for is to make the vehicle whole and "as built" as it left the factory. That means them billing FCA for parts replacement and labor. I am assuming this happened before the dealership took possession but that is not exactly clear from the OP's post. Since the OP has not taken delivery, it is technically not a warranty repair but there is some internal process for FCA and their dealerships to cover transportation/ pre delivery damage like this.

At the time the OP posted and from what he inferred, he had not taken legal possession of the vehicle so any requirement to being provided a rental vehicle is moot.

The only thing the OP is out of is a delay in delivery. Truth be told, this kind of stuff happens all the time and the dealership could have just given a BS story to put off the delivery a few days with repairs made and the OP being none the wiser.

I do not disagree that something could be thrown in by the dealership if they want to build more customer goodwill, but there is not a requirement they do.
So once again are you saying there are no coast that could be passed on to the OP if they just respray the hitch? Like I stated above, I think there is.

I would agree that the dealer would not owe a rental as the truck has not yet been purchased . Depending on the situation one would hope that for the customers sake they would offer one for free if need be.

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Hi there,
We are sorry to see that this happened! However, we are confident in your dealer to repair the part properly. If you'd like our additional support during this service, feel free to send us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I'm not. They don't even know how many quarts of oil to put in the thing.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I'm not. They don't even know how many quarts of oil to put in the thing.
Please feel free to send our team a private message for additional support during your dealer service. We would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So once again are you saying there are no coast that could be passed on to the OP if they just respray the hitch? Like I stated above, I think there is.

I would agree that the dealer would not owe a rental as the truck has not yet been purchased . Depending on the situation one would hope that for the customers sake they would offer one for free if need be.
No disrespect intended, but you are stuck in a loop. I have said all I can on this.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
No disrespect intended, but you are stuck in a loop. I have said all I can on this.
No disrespect felt on my end:like:. Heck at some point we are all stuck in a loop. Want to argue about that for a bit;).

Last edited:

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
You have to remove the bumper to replace the hitch. Good luck ordering one. Mine took six months to get in...
My Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow got rear-ended by a Nissan last February. The bumper got scratched and the hitch was bent very much like the OP's.

My truck sat in the shop for a month awaiting parts. The hitch was not a problem. But Jeep kept shipping the wrong bumper.

Anyway, the dealer should be able to order and install a new hitch without issue. A refund for the cost of the hitch? Ha, never happen! That's not how dealers work.
Sponsored