Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Agree
That is what it looks like. Dumb, but the order guide has it that way.

TruTrack doesn't care what gears are on it, so why would they offer it on stock 3.73 rear end but not on the Max Tow with 4.10s. Unless, no TruTrack available yet for the Super Duper D44
Due to the thickness of the ring gear, different size carriers (the TruTrack is a carrier) are sometimes required depending on which ratio gears are to be installed.

For example, in the old D44, there were 2 different size carriers -- all gears 3.73 and smaller used the smaller size carrier, while all gears numerically higher than 3.73 (like 4.10) used the larger size carrier. One housing, two different size ring gear carriers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
You can't order both the "Anti-Spin" option and "Max Tow" option because the Anti-spin is ALREADY INCLUDED with the MaxTow. So basically, the configurator is just preventing you from ordering the anti-spin TWICE.

From the online configurator for 2021 Gladiator Sport:
1601571307094.png
When I special ordered my truck from the dealer, there was an option that was a checkbox for the anti-spin that seemed like an option.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
When I special ordered my truck from the dealer, there was an option that was a checkbox for the anti-spin that seemed like an option.
It *is* a stand-alone option, but that option is already included with the MaxTow package, according to Jeep, so there is no need to order it "twice".

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
You can't order both the "Anti-Spin" option and "Max Tow" option because the Anti-spin is ALREADY INCLUDED with the MaxTow. So basically, the configurator is just preventing you from ordering the anti-spin TWICE.

1601571307094.png
That was a year & a half ago that was posted. Thread got Necro'd

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

1601571307094.png
Is this unchanged from the 2020 Max Tow because I don't see Trac Loc anywhere on my build sheet when I run my VIN.

Sponsored

Giljr572

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S "Max Tow"
Occupation
Military
Is this unchanged from the 2020 Max Tow because I don't see Trac Loc anywhere on my build sheet when I run my VIN.
If I'm not mistaken, this is new for the 2021 models. It wasn't available on the 2020.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
If I'm not mistaken, this is new for the 2021 models. It wasn't available on the 2020.
Trac loc was available in 2020 on the Max tow.

Giljr572

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S "Max Tow"
Occupation
Military
Trac loc was available in 2020 on the Max tow.
I'm pretty sure that every time I tried adding the TracLoc option when I had the Max Tow option selected it would remove the Max Tow option on the online builder last year (2020) in May/June. Doesn't matter anymore, for me at least. I've got the max tow with no TracLoc and it's not the end of the world. That online builder seems to change from week to week, must depends on what's available and/or different market.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'm pretty sure that every time I tried adding the TracLoc option when I had the Max Tow option selected it would remove the Max Tow option on the online builder last year (2020) in May/June. Doesn't matter anymore, for me at least. I've got the max tow with no TracLoc and it's not the end of the world. That online builder seems to change from week to week, must depends on what's available and/or different market.
Weird. Mine was ordered around that time and I was able to add it.
You could always add it from a transmission shop.

GobiGlad386

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland North Edition; 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T 6spd 100th Anniversary
Occupation
Appraiser
The list of items included in the Max Tow package was limited in all early build 2020's. Track-Lok was added to Max Tow part way through the 2020 cycle and now the whole 2021 cycle. The image snipped above from the build site is correct. Also, all Glads get the HD Dana 44's. Only the Rubicon and Max Tow get the Wide Track HD Dana 44s - 1.5" wider.
Source: I shopped the frack out of Max Tow originally, before settling with an Overland in the correct color.
Sponsored