Sponsored

All differences between Rubicon and Sport with Max Tow?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Personally I think you would be better off with a Ram 2500 with landscaping payload, etc. Hell the Ram Laramie 1500 with the eco diesel will end up costing you about 10K less than the JT and have a bigger payload.

The JT (as the JL) still have the weak Jeep frame up front. The JT has the truck frame out back but still does not have the same capacities of the Ram1500.

The JT just was not designed for what you are looking for with the payloads that you would be hauling based on the mods you want to do. And, 5.13s just won't cut it with 40" tires.

Not trying to be snotty but plenty of posts here were stating the facts but it seems as if you, with only a XJ Jeep (not the best for off roading due to the weak uni-body frame) in the past, won't accept the wisdom of those who have the experience and have been there many times before.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
I feel these quotes from page 6 sum things up nicely:

Two big reasons not to go with a power wagon: not a jeep, can't go topless.
And it's HUGE. Wouldn't fit through half of the places I take my Gladiator, which rubs the odd fender. If it wasn't so damn big and thirsty, I'd have considered one but even a half ton Rebel was too big for DD/trail use I do.